Home General Discussion

Knock You On Your A$$ Cigar

Alex WilliamsAlex Williams Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,515
What is a cigar that will just knock me flat on my A$$? I cant find one! DPG Cuban Classic, Ruination, Cain F, Cu-Avana Intenso, Padilla 1932, Camacho Triple Maduro; all i can smoke on an empty stomach and not have a problem. I dont know why, but i really want a cigar to beat the sh!t out of me! What is it?

Comments

• xmacroxmacro Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,402
    Ruination? Diesel? 5 Vegas Triple A? If you're having trouble getting that nicotine buzz, you may try laying off cigars for a month or two (good luck with that) and let your tolerance die down a bit
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,378
    Hmm, probably the strongest cigar I've smoked is the Padron 1964 45th Year Family Reserve. It's an expensive attempt to kick your own ass, but it happens to be a pretty darn delicious cigar.

Funny thing is that during the day, I really have to be careful of what I smoke. Even if I eat a big lunch, I still get my ass kicked half the time. Happened to me today with a Camacho Triple Maduro.

Edit: what about the "double happiness" Ruination? try that one!
  • docbp87docbp87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,521
    It's funny, when I smoke a Ruination, or a Diesel, I rarely have felt much of a punch. Maybe a light nicotine buzz after all is said and done, but last night I smoked an AB Tempus, which by all accounts is not a FULL cigar, more a Medium-Full... but it kicked my ass, and that was after a good dinner!
  • Alex WilliamsAlex Williams Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,515
    xmacro:
    Ruination? Diesel? 5 Vegas Triple A? If you're having trouble getting that nicotine buzz, you may try laying off cigars for a month or two (good luck with that) and let your tolerance die down a bit
    Ya all those I can do on an empty stomach. It ain't like I'm looking for a fix or anything... I really don't know why but I want a cigar to beat me for a change. I don't know how to explain it.

Oh, and phil, I ordered a few double happiness a month or two ago and they have yet to show or anything. Thank you for reminding me! I just sent the Beard an email and he will fix it ;D
    In the meantime, you should smoke two Ruination robusto no. 2s back-to-back. :) It will be like training for the double happiness!
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,132
    Have you had the La Flor Dominica Double Ligero Maduro in the chisel size? It's never put me down or made me feel sick in anyway, but it is a very full cigar that I love. The Chiselito is damn good too and packs a hell of a punch for such a little stick.
  • Russ55Russ55 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,762
    A stick of dynamite.

(See what I did there?)

PuroFreak:
    Have you had the La Flor Dominica Double Ligero Maduro in the chisel size? It's never put me down or made me feel sick in anyway, but it is a very full cigar that I love. The Chiselito is damn good too and packs a hell of a punch for such a little stick.
    I sent alex a Chisel Maduro, so he definitely has one. That one always sneaks up on me at the end of the smoke. I'm just getting finished and think to myself, "pfft! double ligero my ass! more like... half ligero... or something..." and then I slowly start to get a bit light headed. :)
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,787
    Have you tried a 187 by Esteban Carreras or a Nestor Miranda Special Selection Oscuro????

What about an AF Sun Grown King B?

El Legendario by Camacho?

Edge Battalion by RP?

RP Sun Grown?

I too have yet to be "knocked on my ass", but these all give me a nice nicotine rush.....
  • bsjones7bsjones7 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 15
    I'm the same. The post earlier about laying off for awhile is prolly right ... But that ain't happening. It is nice tho , we can enjoy really cigar without the worries of eating or getting sick later. I always chalked it up to be a pretty big guy 6'3 250. But who knows. Anyways. If I find one that gets me I'll let u know
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    TatuajeVI:
    Hmm, probably the strongest cigar I've smoked is the Padron 1964 45th Year Family Reserve. It's an expensive attempt to kick your own ass, but it happens to be a pretty darn delicious cigar.

Funny thing is that during the day, I really have to be careful of what I smoke. Even if I eat a big lunch, I still get my ass kicked half the time. Happened to me today with a Camacho Triple Maduro.

Edit: what about the "double happiness" Ruination? try that one!
    Hey Tat...i have a box of those Padron 45s, but haven't smoked any yet...what did u really think of it?
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    Alex Williams:
    What is a cigar that will just knock me flat on my A$$? I cant find one! DPG Cuban Classic, Ruination, Cain F, Cu-Avana Intenso, Padilla 1932, Camacho Triple Maduro; all i can smoke on an empty stomach and not have a problem. I dont know why, but i really want a cigar to beat the sh!t out of me! What is it?
    Fuente Opus X, RP Olde World Reserve, or Oliva Serie V.
  • DiamondogDiamondog Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,169
    Had a Padron 1964 Anniv a couple months back that kicked my ass....normally my ass doesn't get kicked so it was probably more due to my not eating properly or rest or hydrated...
  • txjayhawktxjayhawk Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 311
    Cain F Double Toro...whew...big powerfull stick..but damn it is oooohhhh sooooo goood!
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,294
    How about the Oliveros XL Bold? I haven't had one but my friend who loves full bodied cigars said that it kicked his ass. Try an Opus X yet?
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    LFD double ligero maduro 6x60
    OpusX
    a fresh Elcobre
    Joya de Nicaragua Antaño
    camacho diploma
    Tatuaje thermonuclear (good luck with that one)
  • cholmes8310cholmes8310 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,585
    Alex Williams:
    xmacro:
    Ya all those I can do on an empty stomach. It ain't like I'm looking for a fix or anything... I really don't know why but I want a cigar to beat me for a change. I don't know how to explain it.

Oh, and phil, I ordered a few double happiness a month or two ago and they have yet to show or anything. Thank you for reminding me! I just sent the Beard an email and he will fix it ;D
    LFD DL chisel? Only cigar to give me that buzzed feeling, and I like you smoke the Diesel, Ruinations, Cain F, etc on empty stomach. I smoked the LFD DL after a large meal and didn't feel it until I went to stand and got wobbly.
  • sightunseensightunseen Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,130
    Camacho Corojo and Cu-Avana Intenso took me to school.
  • brainfrzbrainfrz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 73
    OpusX Fuente Fuente. Had this when I first got into cigars. I long for that again- not spending $30 for it though!
  • bacon.jaybacon.jay Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 718
    Alex Williams:

I'm with you on those same sticks Alex, none of them have ever knocked me on my ass either! The ONE and ONLY cigar that does that consistently to me is the Perdomo LOT 23, even if I've had food. And I don't understand either, because they're supposed to me "medium-bodied". I know there are a couple other people on the forums that agree with me on this same cigar. Try it out and see!

• phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    I had one a long time ago because I smoked it way too fast but other than that no cigar has knocked me out. Then again I smoke xxx opus's with my morning coffee with no food....
  • cholmes8310cholmes8310 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,585
    phobicsquirrel:
    I had one a long time ago because I smoked it way too fast but other than that no cigar has knocked me out. Then again I smoke xxx opus's with my morning coffee with no food....
    Am I the only one who got no body out of the opus X? I smoked one and it was nothing. Mild at best. Guess it's all in what gets to you. The LFD DL was the only one to get me looped, but that could have been due to the massive amounts of alcohol I consumed prior to lighting it up.
    Ah! I remember another one that destroyed me: Litto Gomez Chisel. Had it after lunch during the Olympic Hockey Finals - wow did that one hurt like hell. lol.
    Krieg:
    Hey Tat...i have a box of those Padron 45s, but haven't smoked any yet...what did u really think of it?
    I had one that was pretty fresh OTT. I only let it rest for a month or so. So flavors were very heavy - coffee, chocolate, cinnamon and a TON of spice through the nose. Without question the spiciest cigar I've ever smoked. I had sandman take a couple puffs off it and right as he was about to let out a massive amount of smoke through his nose I go, "Wait! Noooo! Careful out th-" *cough* *cough* cough* lol. he nearly choked. If you were real gentle through the nose it was really wonderful.

So somewhere in the middle of the cigar, the flavors went flat. Like really flat for about 25 minutes. I powered through, thankfully. It build back into similar flavors for the final third.

It smoked nice and slow. Probably would have been at least a two hour smoke - I had to set it down near the end since the B&M we were at closed. That was painful.

Overall impressions of the cigar: the flavors weren't all that different from a standard 1964 Maduro. For $10, the 1964 Maduro Exclusivo is about as outstanding, and happens to be better than half the price. I've got one more of the 45th Year, so I hope it is better with some rest on it. I assume it will be - this is the type of cigar that you could age for a long, long time and it would help balance out some of the power/spice.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    cholmes8310:
    phobicsquirrel:
    Am I the only one who got no body out of the opus X? I smoked one and it was nothing. Mild at best. Guess it's all in what gets to you. The LFD DL was the only one to get me looped, but that could have been due to the massive amounts of alcohol I consumed prior to lighting it up.
    Yeah opus's to me never really seem as strong as people say they are, then again it's so subjective. I have had several lfd DL's in the morning too, same thing. I had a chisel maduro yesterday morning after I had a ruination and I was fine. I dunno, I seem to be able to handle the big boys without much problem, then again I make sure I have good ventilation and smoke slow, I don't wiz through them.
  • HaysHays Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,262
    bacon.jay:
    Alex Williams:

I'm with you on those same sticks Alex, none of them have ever knocked me on my ass either! The ONE and ONLY cigar that does that consistently to me is the Perdomo LOT 23, even if I've had food. And I don't understand either, because they're supposed to me "medium-bodied". I know there are a couple other people on the forums that agree with me on this same cigar. Try it out and see!

+1 on the Lot 23... I've smoked Diesel, Ruination, and others, but even on a full stomach and smoking outside (and slowly), the Lot 23 still knocks me sideways