Home General Discussion

Worst Box Or Bundle You Bought Without Trying First

brotheradambrotheradam Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 896
Calle Ocho, I threw them away I wouldn't even want to gift them to anyone.

Comments

• sightunseensightunseen Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,130
    That sounds terrible. I have yet to find a cigar I want to buy a bundle or box of. You can say I have committment issues.
  • poypoykingpoypoyking Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 55
    Bought a bundle of Tabintillas. Started to smoke the first one, couldn't get past the 4th draw or so, it tasted like I was smoking mud and dung coated tobacco leaves. I gave them to my brother who loved them. I now question his taste :P
  • VulchorVulchor Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,176
    There has been a few for me actually---but the worst I would have to say was the Baccarat back when I first started smoking.
  • nightmaremike31nightmaremike31 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 720
    brotheradam:
    I bought these too, but my feelings were just ... meh. I'm not one to throw away something that I can turn to when I just can't make up my mind.

I haven't purchased a bundle or box that I could say is the "worst". If I had to make a list of which I liked the most to least, Calle Ocho would be at the bottom 4 sho. But I'm pretty sure The Beard gave me an incredible deal on them, so for the value it definitely raises their status...

Hmmm...

... meh.
  • brotheradambrotheradam Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 896
    nightmaremike31:
    brotheradam:
    I bought these too, but my feelings were just ... meh. I'm not one to throw away something that I can turn to when I just can't make up my mind.

I haven't purchased a bundle or box that I could say is the "worst". If I had to make a list of which I liked the most to least, Calle Ocho would be at the bottom 4 sho. But I'm pretty sure The Beard gave me an incredible deal on them, so for the value it definitely raises their status...

Hmmm...

... meh.
    I smoked about 5 or 6 of them before I tossed them, yard gard at best for me.
  • Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 930
    I've never had a bad experience, luckily. There's a first time for everything though.
  • sightunseensightunseen Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,130
    Matt Marvel:
    I've never had a bad experience, luckily. There's a first time for everything though.
    Hope you didn't jinx yourself.
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,561
    Macanudo maduros. I give them out to people I don't like.
  • clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,750
    Rosa Cuba. Picked up a bundle for like $20 NC. Most disgusting thing I've ever tasted. I gave them to all the fellas I work with when my daughter was born. It was funny listening to some of these guys as they smoked them. "This is delicious!" "I could get used to cigars!" "These are fantastic!"

The only people I didn't give a cigar to were two friends of mine that also enjoy cigars.
  • sol1821sol1821 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 706
    noob mistake, bought a humidor plus 20 davidoff seconds.
    they tasted like ***.
    also a bundle of RP fusions, i wasn't fussed on those at all.:(
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,023
    Carlos Torano Dominicos, I have been giving them to my son who is a noob smoker. The other was something called 1876 reserve or something like that.
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,317
    fla-gypsy:
    Carlos Torano Dominicos...
    Which one the old school maduro or the new blend?
    IMHO the maduro was the worst stick I ever had.

stephen_hannibal:
    fla-gypsy:
    Carlos Torano Dominicos...
    Which one the old school maduro or the new blend?
    IMHO the maduro was the worst stick I ever had.

New Blend, it is meh!
  • Russ55Russ55 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,762
    RP 1990 seconds. I'm glad it was only a 40 dollar mistake.
  • undulacundulac Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,129
    I have two. Bought a box of something by Victor Sinclair. Half were so tight that I couldn't even get them lit. The other half that did light tasted like poop. Another stupid purchase was the Felipe Gregorio Series 1957. I didn't know that "dry hot" was a flavor.
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,909
    Russ55:
    RP 1990 seconds. I'm glad it was only a 40 dollar mistake.
    Really? I've been thinking about these. They're that different, huh?
  • Alex WilliamsAlex Williams Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,515
    mine was a box of Sol Cubano Maduros. Didn't care for them at all so i sold them to my friends for $7 a piece and bought a box of Gurkha Micro-Batch C-10s and somethin else!
    Alex Williams:
    mine was a box of Sol Cubano Maduros. Didn't care for them at all so i sold them to my friends for $7 a piece and bought a box of Gurkha Micro-Batch C-10s and somethin else!
    $7 a piece, you sure they were friends???
  • cholmes8310cholmes8310 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,585
    fla-gypsy:
    Alex Williams:
    Most likely Auburn engineering students. Everyone knows they're not the brightest. haha.
  • bama3715bama3715 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 89
    cholmes8310:
    fla-gypsy:
    Alex Williams:
    Most likely Auburn engineering students. Everyone knows they're not the brightest. haha.
    Hahaha. You need to pm me so i can send you some sticks. Us Bama brothers need to hook each other up.