Home General Discussion

Am I the only one...

mrpillowmrpillow Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 464
Ok, I know a fair bit of us collect the bands from the cigars we smoke, but am I the only one who is entirely anal about getting it off the cigar still in ring form? As in, not just torn off. On that same note, am I the only one who slips the bands around miscellaneous fingers and wears them like rings to make sure I do not lose them?

Just curious if I'm relatively insane or not =P

Comments

• Alex WilliamsAlex Williams Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,515
    mrpillow:
    Ok, I know a fair bit of us collect the bands from the cigars we smoke, but am I the only one who is entirely anal about getting it off the cigar still in ring form? As in, not just torn off. On that same note, am I the only one who slips the bands around miscellaneous fingers and wears them like rings to make sure I do not lose them?

Just curious if I'm relatively insane or not =P
    ya.... you might wanna see someone about that. nuckin futs!
  • GadwinDuilGadwinDuil Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 474
    I save all my bands, and when I'm at a friends house, or at the B&M - I make sure to get it off while in ring form, and then wear it like a ring until I get home :-P

The funny thing - is that my friend's STILL ALWAYS look at me and say "What's that on your finger? ... oh...." - Just like I'd never done it before, pfft
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,909
    ...and then what? You do your little kooky dance?
  • Russ55Russ55 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,762
    I tried to do that a few times. I usually mess up the cigar. The wrapper tears, makes a mess. I don't really think about or pay attention to the bands now.
  • gaberoxgaberox Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 824
    I save all mine and put them in a cigar box. Sucked when my lady found it and was like how the frick much money do you spend on this stuff. Then she ended up making me a mosiac coffee mug with a bunch of em lol.

As for the wearing them like a ring thing. That is kinda weird but who cares.
  • HaybletHayblet Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,400
    I do it all the time and I hate it when I can't get it off in ring form.
  • cholmes8310cholmes8310 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,585
    guilty. even the ring thing.
  • Dark RoastDark Roast Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 463
    Nah I just take it off in what ever form it comes off...whole, ripped or torn it doesn't matter to me.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    i pull them off before i light the cigar. i find the seam and pull the band apart. the band goes into my wallet for a week or so till it is flat. then into a cigar bag for storage.
  • ljlljl Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 819
    kuzi16:
    i pull them off before i light the cigar. i find the seam and pull the band apart. the band goes into my wallet for a week or so till it is flat. then into a cigar bag for storage.

+1, I always open at the seam (it's a tense moment as I try to avoid any ripping of the band or cigar). If I'm out, I put it in my wallet. I've got a couple stashes going around the house.

• Duder2Duder2 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 926
    I am also a bit OCD about getting them off in ring form. It usually helps to let the cigar warm up a bit, helps the glue release. I've got a pretty big stash by now...guilty of the ring thing a few times too :^P
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,377
    I never take them off in ring form. When I first tried, I messed up the cigar. Now I open them after I've smoked the cigar for a while. I keep them in a book so they stay flat.

One of these days I'm going to apply them to a canvass board and make a collage for my office.
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    Ha, I'm calling BS!
  • bacon.jaybacon.jay Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 718
    kuzi16:

I do the wallet thing too, but I wait until I've smoked the cigar for a while so the glue on the label is heated up so it comes off easier. I keep all my labels in an empty cigar box.

• TatuajeVITatuajeVI Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,378
    heh, after reading this last night I took the band off the CAO I smoked today and wore it like a ring for the ride home. Hilarious.