Home General Discussion

Casa Fuente Las Vegas

zeebrazeebra Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,166
One of my buddies just got back last night from Vegas and he was kind enough to stop by Casa Fuente and get me some sticks as a gift! Never had em before and probably save them for a while. The one with the orange tags, he said I cant buy em at any local B&M....

imagePhotobucket">

Comments

• kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    yeah... the casa fuente cigar is only sold at casa fuente in LV

Wrapper: Cameroon
    Binder: Dominician
    Filler: Dominician

if im not mistaken the blend is very close to the OpusX but with that cameroon wrapper on it.
    id be willing to bet that some rest/age will do them good and in a year or two they will get very good and in about 5 years they will be awesome.

as far as the other cigars he got there, he probably over paid a bit, but that Vegas for ya.

if you wanna find Fuente products that you cant find on the regular, i may be able to get my hands on them. shoot me a PM if thats the case.

• zeebrazeebra Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,166
    Thanks kuzi! I'm not into these cigars just yet, so they will be resting for a loooooong time. Yea, he said the 2 orange ones were $28 each and the others were $14. But yea, thats Vegas.

I will def. keep that in mind bro! Thanks!
    i would venture to say that the casa fuentes are worth the price tag.
  • brotheradambrotheradam Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 896
    I've got one resting in my humidor right now, got a friend who lives in Vegas and sent me one. Thanks for the info Kuzi on the blend.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    I've read several reviews on them and the general feeling is they are okay but over priced. I've never had it but I wouldn't mind giving it a whirl.
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,787
    AF, to me = heaven in cigar form. Ahhhhhhhh......

I'm planning a trip to LV with my wife. Hope she doesn't mind a quick stop at Casa Fuente........ right after Tiffany's, no doubt.
    lilwing88:
    AF, to me = heaven in cigar form. Ahhhhhhhh......

I'm planning a trip to LV with my wife. Hope she doesn't mind a quick stop at Casa Fuente........ right after Tiffany's, no doubt.
    Wow, thats a good trade for the wifey. $30 cigar and 1.5 hour of smoking time = $600 for a SILVER necklace.
  • Stryker808Stryker808 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 269
    The casa fuente is one of me and the wifes favorite smokes. Very smooth and creamy. Ive smoked em fresh from the store and some with a year or more of age. I didn't detect to much of a difference. They both smoked great. your gonna love em.
  • taddowtaddow Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 51
    I just happened to be in Vegas for a bachelor party when I read this post so my friend and I decided to make a side trip to the Casa Fuente store in-between our alcohol-induced stupor. Cigars were definately more expensive the what you pay at Cigar.com (but everything in Vegas was expensive so that wasn't a surprise). Not wanting to leave empty -handed, as well as being from Alaska (and not knowing when we'd be down in Vegas again), we decided to just split a box of of the Casa Fuentes- $252.00 (including tax). We haven't tried them yet but are looking forward to after a little aging.
    Can someone help me out by telling me which one is the 3rd and 4th cigar? Which AF is it or close to? Hemmingway maduro? AF maduro? Cant figure it out.
    im not sure what you are asking here?
  • JumperJumper Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 135
    He wants to know what the 3rd and 4th ones down are. zeebra, the 3rd one down is identified on the cello. Kuzi, can you shed some light on the 4th one? I see that it says Rosado on the band, but I've personally never seen a rosado wrapper on a Fuente. (Though that isn't saying much.)
  • Rob1110Rob1110 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,454
    A friend of mine brought one of the Casa Fuentes (orange band) back from Vegas for me over the winter and I smoked it fairly recently. Huge disappointment. The pre-light draw was one of the best I've ever tasted but that's where the flavor ended. There was absolutely NOTHING once this stick was lit. And being a so called "Opus" blend, I expected more strength. Very mild. On top of that, it had some wrapper and burn issues.

I hope yours are better than mine.
  • I.C.U.I.C.U. Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 94
  • TokinstogieTokinstogie Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 43
    Cost is relevent, They have a drink and cigar special at CF, it took me 4 drinks to get thru one cigar, walked out with 3 Casa Fuentes for about 5 bucks a stick over the regular drink price if you didn't get the special. The drinks were pretty good too. But hey, it's Vegas, if you gadda worry about the cost, you really should not be there.
  • docbp87docbp87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,521
    zeebra:
    Can someone help me out by telling me which one is the 3rd and 4th cigar? Which AF is it or close to? Hemmingway maduro? AF maduro? Cant figure it out.
    3rd from the top is the Queen B, which is part of the AF Sungrown line, and is a smaller belicoso than the King B. The "Rosado Gran Reserva" also called Magnum R, is a newer line, that features a Rosado sungrown wrapper. I've heard good things about the Magnum Rs.
    thanks for the info. I havnt smoke any yet, but wanted to know before what I have.
  • shamrockedshamrocked Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 285
    THE CASA FUENTES ARE AWESOME!!!
  • Geno5000Geno5000 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 56
    yeah yeah, the Casa Fuentes are good. But if you into that place and DON'T get a mojito, you're an idiot. They are the best mojitos in Vegas bar none. Hot waitresses too. Casa Fuente is the whole reason my brother and I are staying in Caesars come November.
    docbp87:
    zeebra:
    3rd from the top is the Queen B, which is part of the AF Sungrown line, and is a smaller belicoso than the King B. The "Rosado Gran Reserva" also called Magnum R, is a newer line, that features a Rosado sungrown wrapper. I've heard good things about the Magnum Rs.
    yup. this is it. my local B&M had some in ill give a look and see if they still do. if so, ill pick a few up and review soon.
    Geno5000:
    yeah yeah, the Casa Fuentes are good. But if you into that place and DON'T get a mojito, you're an idiot. They are the best mojitos in Vegas bar none. Hot waitresses too. Casa Fuente is the whole reason my brother and I are staying in Caesars come November.
    Yea so I hear about the waitress! Well my buddy got these for me when he went. But I'm going back to Vegas Labor day weekend. Dont worry, I'll have at least 2 mojitos before I leave!

docbp87:
    zeebra:
    Thanks thats very helpful!!! So ccom doesnt sell these right?
  • docbp87docbp87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,521
    zeebra:
    docbp87:
    zeebra:
    Thanks thats very helpful!!! So ccom doesnt sell these right?
    Apparently retailers of the OpusX and Anejo are the only merchants that have access to them. It's possible that ccom has them, but not regularly enough to have them online. Call Tim and see, I guess.