Home General Discussion

Temp

zeebrazeebra Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,166
My rh is staying consistent around 66%, but the temp is always around 73-74. My humidor is just sitting in the kitchen countertop. Not near any windows and yea, I'm in texas, so during the day, im guessin its gets a little hot. Should I move the humidor inside the pantry or somewhere else? What happens if the temp stays around 74 but the rh is 66%?

Comments

• TatuajeVITatuajeVI Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,378
    I'd move it to a cooler spot if I were you. Higher temps can lead to beetles. Summertime in Texas is not a fun time for cigars.
  • zeebrazeebra Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,166
    gotcha. would food pantry be ok?
  • ThinBluLine06ThinBluLine06 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 283
    I keep mine in the middle shelf of my closet in the office/spare room... I find that even moving it from the top shelf/middle shelf/ and on to the floor in the dark closet can range 2-4 degree differences... When the temp here in Oklahoma starts gettin past 80, I move it to the floor in the closet, since heat rises... ususally stays around 70-72 degrees...
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,023
    I worry about temp but am able to keep mine about 74 in it's current location and have not had any issues. Florida is very hot also and it is a battle in the summer.
  • jihiggsjihiggs Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 468
    my old apt used to get very hot, like 90 degrees for days on end. it was awful, I didnt have any problems with beetles. now mold, thats a different story. just open the humi often, move stuff around and keep the humidity around 65 if possible, should take care of that. I had 2 humis mold up on me in that heat cause I didnt open them or move stuff in them for a few weeks.
  • zeebrazeebra Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,166
    Ok. I put them in the pantry yesterday and I'm gonna check out the temp later tonight. I open it everyday, only cause I have to look at them...lol.

My humidity is consistent at 66%, so I havnt worried too much. I dont want beetles period, in my house or my humidor. I think i'm ok for now.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    jihiggs:
    my old apt used to get very hot, like 90 degrees for days on end. it was awful, I didnt have any problems with beetles. now mold, thats a different story. just open the humi often, move stuff around and keep the humidity around 65 if possible, should take care of that. I had 2 humis mold up on me in that heat cause I didnt open them or move stuff in them for a few weeks.
    did you use beads? My house get's hot but my rh stays around 65 so it never was a problem though I do always worry....