Home General Discussion

Midnight smoke

wannabe.otakuwannabe.otaku Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 20
So, I'm sitting outside, crickets chirping, the stress of another day behind me.  What better way to wind down than by lighting up your favorite smoke?  Tonight, that's an Oliva Serie G Cameroon Torpedo.  Just perfect.  I wish every moment were as nice as this moment.

Comments

• TatuajeVITatuajeVI Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,378
    Man, I know just how you feel. If it were nicer out tonight, I'd be right there with you.

welcome to the forums, btw!
  • betasynnbetasynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,249
    Just did the same thing, I remember one of my favorite moments was smoking in the rain on my enclosed patio while it rained just as the sun was starting to rise. Just fantastic.
  • HaybletHayblet Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,400
    oddly I find when I go out for a midnight-ish smoke I don't enjoy it as much? I think it's because I've been up some 16+ hours at that point and my body is just too tired? Or maybe because I pick that time to try something new out of my "collection"
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    Wow, I would smoke late at night but crap, I need my beauty sleep!
  • docbp87docbp87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,521
    I just came in from a smoke (1:55am) and I had a great relaxing time. I tend to smoke later at night, because I typically don't get home from work till about 10pm. I love smoking late at night. Good weather is always key though.
  • Russ55Russ55 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,762
    I love the Midnight smoke. The family is asleep, work's done, school's done, it's quiet...it's great. I like maduros for my Midnight smoke. Edge maduro and Diesel are what I've been liking lately.
  • ljlljl Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 819
    docbp87:
    I just came in from a smoke (1:55am) and I had a great relaxing time. I tend to smoke later at night, because I typically don't get home from work till about 10pm. I love smoking late at night. Good weather is always key though.

+1, I get home late so makes for a good wind down. I have the garage for less than perfect weather. It's alway nice and quiet though - that makes it nice...
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,132
    I used to smoke a lot late at night, but now do to my work schedule and the fact that I work nights, but on my days off switch around where I sleep at night, I usually light up around 9:30 or 10:00pm after the little one goes to sleep. Have a good smoke and a couple drinks so I'm ready for bed by 12:00-12:30.
  • gaberoxgaberox Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 824
    Late night smokes are nice. I used to do it all the time back in Tampa when I had a nice enclosed porch. Its so windy where I live now I mostly can only smoke in my tool shed in the back during the day(no lights).

Cant wait for the wind to dissapear so I can enjoy my nice front porch. Only good news is Im buying more than smoking for the 1st time. Actually getting a little age on my sticks.
  • sightunseensightunseen Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,130
    I like smoking at night. I like being out in the dark and looking up at the stars, plus the silence is great after a day of traffic, TV, and other distractions.
  • tankbonniestankbonnies Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 191
    sightunseen:
    I like smoking at night. I like being out in the dark and looking up at the stars, plus the silence is great after a day of traffic, TV, and other distractions.
    Late night smokes are great during the summer.....no noise, just sitting out back taking it all in...
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    Midnight smokes are great, I'm usually having one when I slow cook a brisket on my weber smoker. Has the nice aroma of a good cigar and the smell of applewood smoke along with a nice drink mixed with the sounds of a hot Georgia night makes for a great experience.
  • JZJZ Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 827
    I had a midnight smoke with a brisket and a MOW last saturday. Nice and relaxing.
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,836
    I love a good late night smoke. I work shift work and my favorite is coming off of afternoon shift, hitting the gym then going home and sitting out and enjoying a nice smoke in the peace of the night.
  • docbp87docbp87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,521
    Having an excellent late night smoke tonight. Ordered a pizza, smoking a Padilla Dominus robusto while I wait for it. Enjoying the peace and quit out on the patio. Beautiful night out tonight.
  • gaberoxgaberox Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 824
    Finally not much more than a breeze tonight and I got to enjoy my front porch for the first time since moving. Im a happy man right now. If I didnt have to work in the morning Id fire up another.