Home General Discussion

MOW Virtue Flavors

ZAPZAP Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 164
I had one of the MOW Virtues yesterday and thought it was one of the tastiest cigars I've ever had. I have not had the other MOW varieties yet but have them waiting for me.

My questions is what is the dominant flavor of this cigar that I love so much and what other cigars have that flavor. I'm still day dreaming about that cigar 24 hours later...haven't had a cigar like that in awhile..

The flavor I am speaking of kicked in strong about 1/4 into the cigar and lasted to the nub.

Comments

• phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    I haven't had one yet but I hope I like it as much as you do!
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,555
    What size did you smoke?
    I thought the lonsdale was very cream, nutty and overall tastly.
    I smoked the petite solomon and didnt get the same flavors at all

• ZAPZAP Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 164
    Fourtotheflush:
    What size did you smoke?

And mine was the Robusto but the more I thought about the more I settled on a real sweet nutty flavor....more like pistachios or cashews.....creamy for sure too...
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,023
    ZAP:
    Fourtotheflush:
    What size did you smoke?

And mine was the Robusto but the more I thought about the more I settled on a real sweet nutty flavor....more like pistachios or cashews.....creamy for sure too...
    I agree on the nutty, sweet, creamy and I had a touch of leather as well. My 2nd one was much better than the first, it was a toro size.
  • bacon.jaybacon.jay Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 718
    I've read a lot of reviews of this cigar, and it seems to me that of all the MOW Virtue sizes, the Mini Salomon is the least-liked of all of them. Why is this? Does that size require more rest/aging than the others? Does it not burn or draw correctly? Is it inconsistent or flavorless or something of the sort?

Personally, I've never had a cigar I disliked in the Salomon vitola, whether it be regular, mini, or monster-sized. I would really hate to dislike the Virtue Mini Salomon when I crack open my sampler. Can anyone possibly shed some light on this specific vitola in the MOW Virtue line?

• Russ55Russ55 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,762
    I've only had 3. The robusto fresh off the truck was nutty, creamy, and leathery. It tasted good, but like it needed to rest. The lonsdale was good, but lighter in flavor than the robusto, and finally I tried the toro. That one had such a tight draw I had to put it down after a half inch.

I am letting the mini Salomon and Churchill rest for a few more weeks before I try those, and finally I have another 6 pack of all of them sitting in my aging humidor that are going to get at least 6 months before I touch them.