Home General Discussion

minutemen cigar herfs.

kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
before everyone gets all strange about the term "minutemen"
this is not anything political, sexual, or anything else that could be twisted to be offensive.

the minutemen were a group of individuals that were said to be able to fight on a moments notice, or in a minute, hence "minutemen"

what about all you guys that are ready to herf at a moments notice?

would anyone have any interest in a network of people that are ready to herf at a moments notice?

for instance:
If i was heading to my local shop and wanted friends to meet me there i would text them on my way out and tell them where i was going and invite them along.
most cell phones have the ability to "add group" to a text send list. the group i would text would be local people of minutemen herfers. if you show up, you show up. if you dont, you dont.

any interest or thoughts on this?

Comments

• Dustin1981Dustin1981 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 410
    Sounds like a great idea. I wish I was a bit closer to Akron but if it was a day that I had clear I would get there.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    it can be for any area, not just my area.
  • jsnakejsnake Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,037
    I have done something like this with a friend
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    jsnake:
    I have done something like this with a friend
    ... and it will haunt you for the rest of your life. lol..

Last minute herfing aye? well sounds good.
  • denniskingdennisking Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,681
    i may hit you up pheebs, but next smoke i have in pdx will be at your least fav place. you may have to make an exception for me though.
    does anyone wanna set this up with ccom forum members?
    as in we send our numbers to people that arent too far away with the express intent of getting texts when they are going out to herf in hopes of getting a mini minute herf?
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,787
    This sounds cool to me. I just wish there were more Chicago BOTLs on here...... But there may be more joining. Anyone from Chicago that's interested in this, PM me and we'll exchange info.
  • betasynnbetasynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,249
    Yeah I'd be down for NY.
  • GadwinDuilGadwinDuil Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 474
    This sounds exceptional. However I think there is only one other person on here within the entire state of Nevada >.>
  • firetruckguyfiretruckguy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,484
    GadwinDuil:
    This sounds exceptional. However I think there is only one other person on here within the entire state of Nevada >.>

Sandman and I were talking about working out a Vegas herf next year.......

I would be down for a minuteman hurf in Denver area.
    firetruckguy:
    GadwinDuil:

Sandman and I were talking about working out a Vegas herf next year.......

I would be down for a minuteman hurf in Denver area.
    Opposed to popular belief, Vegas doesn't occupy all of Nevada :-P I'm about 4-5 hours away.

An organized herf down there would be pretty cool though. Good excuse to meet up with some BOTLs and play around :-D
  • Renaissance_ManRenaissance_Man Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 972
    Awesome idea, Kuz! You actually gave me a great idea for something... PM me your e-mail, sir ;)! Also, I know this is not very related, but this made me think of this website - http://contxts.com/about what it does is - it lets Kuzi put in his contact info and then when I text kuzi16 to 50500 it sends it to my cellphone...
  • Alex WilliamsAlex Williams Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,515
    I'd there is anyone on here in good ol alabamy, send me a pm!!
  • OrangeOrange Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 18
    Im good for Tennessee or Mid Tennessee.
  • AdcuriumAdcurium Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 170
    Rhode Island? Anyone? Anyone?
    im clearly in for ohio

i have a feeling that this will be a problem:
    GadwinDuil:
    though this is an active forum, maybe we dont have enough people to support it.
  • Renaissance_ManRenaissance_Man Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 972
    That's why it should be open to anybody! I thought about it much last night and figured everything out ;)... So , Kuzi = PM me your email cause I want to discuss this more with you (since it was your idea)...
  • Poker SlobPoker Slob Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 996
    Count me in on Denver and surrounding areas. I like the idea of a Vegas herf for the whole clan.
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,377
    The problem I have is that Ithaca is very centrally isolated. I think the nearest BOTL's are in Syracuse and Buffalo. I teach in Syracuse, so something there would be possible.
    kuzi16:
    im clearly in for ohio

GadwinDuil:
    Kuzi.
    I've wondered ever since I joined the forum

Wtf is your avatar?

Is it someone in a cigar suit?
  • Alex WilliamsAlex Williams Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,515
    GadwinDuil:
    kuzi16:
    im clearly in for ohio

GadwinDuil:
    Kuzi.
    I've wondered ever since I joined the forum

Wtf is your avatar?

Is it someone in a cigar suit?
    I have always wanted to ask that but I kept forgetting. For the longest time I thought it was someone in a penis suit.
    yup. a guy in a giant cigar suit.
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,555
    kuzi16:
    yup. a guy in a giant cigar suit.

Thats a hoot!

Im in Boston, but I have young kids, so typically I have to plan my herfs, or any night out, way in advance.