Home General Discussion

Sencillo Cigars

cholmes8310cholmes8310 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,585
So, I was just in the local B&M here on lunch break, and had NO intention of buying anything. However, I saw these - Sencillo Cigars. Never heard of em, so I asked the gentleman working there, and he said they were a new blend by the same guy who blended the GOF. At $8.99, there was no way I was passing that up. So, the question is, anyone heard of em or had one? The guy in the store said it reminded him of a "young GOF" (since GOF are aged prior to release, not sure how he'd know what a "young GOF" would taste like). He said they should be great with age on em. He may have just been trying to sell a cigar though, so I'm hoping someone has heard of them.

I did find this blurb online:
"Sencillo is a Spanish word, pronounced "sen-see-yo," and it means simple. Simple pleasure is the inspiration behind Sencillo cigars.

With the Sencillo cigar, Keith K. Park, the same man who created the elegant Prometheus line of cigar accessories and critically acclaimed God of Fire and Angelenos cigars, presents a great everyday smoke. Produced by Christian Eiroa in Honduras for Keith K. Park, the Sencillo blend uses Habano de Jamastran tobacco for the wrapper, filler, and binder, with Piloto Cubano tobacco added to the filler to balance out the flavor. The Sencillo is a puro, made entirely from tobacco grown in Honduras"

Needless to say, I'm glad I picked it up. Also picked up an LFD DL Chisel and JDN Antano, cuz you all know, you can't leave a B&M without spending at least $20. It's not worth the drive if ya don't! haha

Comments

• cholmes8310cholmes8310 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,585
    no one's heard anything about these?
  • betasynnbetasynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,249
    No, but darn it, now I want to try one. Could I twist your arm into sending me some if I pay-palled you some money?
  • cholmes8310cholmes8310 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,585
    betasynn:
    No, but darn it, now I want to try one. Could I twist your arm into sending me some if I pay-palled you some money?
    PM to ya. I'm sure we could work out something.

On another note though, it looks like these just hit retailers mid-April, so still a fairly new thing. I thought they'd been out a while longer than that. Guess I need to smoke it quick and review it for everyone.