Home Non Cigar Related

Peppers.....

2»

Comments

• phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    Well we both did it, I'll post a pic of our victory when I get it. It actually wasn't that bad, eating them peppers raw is much worse.
  • TheedgeTheedge Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 316
    Well, my smoked dried ghost peppers from grindhot showed up today. I ordered 2 bags and 4 little jar deals they were selling. They were very nice and sent me a free bag of the nonsmoked as well, free sample. Good lord, I made a little funnel out of a sheet of paper to pour the peppers out of their bags into the glass jars. My nose is running and lips are hot just from the dust in the air. My book keeper just walked in and started gagging. Yep, its hot! I'll have order up a pizza tonight or some such.
    lol, nice. I need to pick up some ghost peppers.
    They are very hot, but once you get them in the grinder so you can dispense just a dusting, they are also very good. I had my pizza the other night and able to moderate the amount enough that it was just a nice heat. If you were to not use a grinder, and end up with whole flakes of dry pepper, you might not be such a happy camper.
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,787
    Theedge:
    Well, my smoked dried ghost peppers from grindhot showed up today. I ordered 2 bags and 4 little jar deals they were selling. They were very nice and sent me a free bag of the nonsmoked as well, free sample. Good lord, I made a little funnel out of a sheet of paper to pour the peppers out of their bags into the glass jars. My nose is running and lips are hot just from the dust in the air. My book keeper just walked in and started gagging. Yep, its hot! I'll have order up a pizza tonight or some such.
    That's frickin nuts.

Have you ever tried Marie Sharp's Habanero from Belize? By far, my favorite. Perfect balance of heat and flavor.
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,555
    I can eat it as hot as it comes. Once I hit 35 my stomach could no longer process it. Have you ever seen Dumb and Dumber? Yeah, thats me after downing hot wings now adays (or anything hot that causes you to sweat)! It unfortunate because I do like hot, just cant stay up all night on the can anymore.
    Victory is so sweet! Funny thing is I really like the photo that's on the wall, this one sort of sucks, then again a woman took it.. lol.

• cabinetmakercabinetmaker Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,561
    Love the goggles.
    I've not tried marie sharp's - I will keep an eye out for it. I have many bottles of different hot sauces in the fridge. I second the goggle comment, I need me some of those.
  • RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,914
    phobicsquirrel:
    So how many of you have ate hot peppers? I mean like the habanero pepper the ghost chili? I ask because last weekend a friend and I downed a few raw habanero's and then took on the ghost chili. I have to say it was frackin hot. I think we went through almost a gallon of milk and my mouth was still burning. It went away after 15 minutes or so but the burps were horrible! Anyway we both are hitting up a local joint that has a challenge where you have to put down 5 fritters stuff with habanero's and a dipping sauce which is also habanero, 10 pounds all together goes into it. We saw it on Man Vs Food so this saturday we're giving it a shot. Anyway I was hoping some of you have shared in my misery... lol

I Like it Hot.... SWEAT MY ASS OFF. The thing about Ghost Peppers is there are 2 cases of DEATH because of affixiation. I have had one. Nasty HoT I breath Fire Like Gene Simmons and thats not *** compared to the Ghost Chilly.
    The Exit Round is Painfully Long and Nasty, Pray you dont have john Wayne TP.
    Thats ruff and Tuff and dont take S.H.I.T off anyone!
    Man VS FOOD and Diners Drive Inns and Dives are my Favs, My wife and I have eaten at over 30 o the joints those guys have been too. Guy has resturants down the road from us and is in the Area all the time. Im working on getting together with him! Hes a HOOT... Did I mention hes a HUGE Cigar Smoker!
    Damn, thanks for the info.
  • poypoykingpoypoyking Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 55
    Yes, Marie Sharps is one of my favorites. Discovered it vacationing in San Diego, and now I use it quite frequently. Fabulous flavor.