Home General Discussion

5 years

gripnripgripnrip Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 406
Today marks my five year anniversary quitting smoking cigarettes, and the beginning of my love affair with cigars. I celebrated with a Oliva Serie O Robusto. Although I still consider myself a newbie, I have learned a lot over the past 5 years, and especially the past few months as a memeber of this forum. I want to thank my BOTL (you guys) for opening my eyes to the many joys of cigars to be explored. It has been a joy-can't wait for the next 5 years!

Comments

• Duder2Duder2 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 926
  • brainfrzbrainfrz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 73
    gripnrip:
    Today marks my five year anniversary quitting smoking cigarettes, and the beginning of my love affair with cigars. I celebrated with a Oliva Serie O Robusto. Although I still consider myself a newbie, I have learned a lot over the past 5 years, and especially the past few months as a memeber of this forum. I want to thank my BOTL (you guys) for opening my eyes to the many joys of cigars to be explored. It has been a joy-can't wait for the next 5 years!
    Good job man. I quit cig's roughly 3 years ago when I got with my wife-to-be. I'd say about a year and a half ago I started smoking 'gars. She doesn't mind so long as I only have a couple a week. It's hard in the summer time though!
  • gripnripgripnrip Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 406
    brainfrz:
    gripnrip:
    Good job man. I quit cig's roughly 3 years ago when I got with my wife-to-be. I'd say about a year and a half ago I started smoking 'gars. She doesn't mind so long as I only have a couple a week. It's hard in the summer time though!
    Know what you mean....I started out with "a couple a week" too, but when you can be outside in the spring/summer it is hard not to smoke more. i've basically decided to do just that! Life is good....
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,555
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,378
    Congrats! Why did you pick the Series O, if you don't mind me asking? Special to you, or just one you like?
  • urbinourbino Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,517
    Just wanted to add my: congrats! Kicking butts is tough.
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,561
    I stopped smoking cigarrettes in 1993, quit dipping snuff 1 year (to the day) later. I remember I was one mad muther fuker for a few months, but have not missed them since I got past that stage.
  • gripnripgripnrip Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 406
    TatuajeVI:
    Congrats! Why did you pick the Series O, if you don't mind me asking? Special to you, or just one you like?
    It was my first time to smoke one. Had it in my humi for some time and was saving it for a "special occasion"....I LOVE Oliva sticks. This one did not disappoint-smooth, nutty flavor-yum.