I guess that bill got "terminated."

I'm here all night, folks.
  • undulacundulac Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,129
    sightunseen:
    I guess that bill got "terminated."

I'm here all night, folks.
    I see what you did there.
  • jlmartajlmarta Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,440
    Yeah, but you gotta consider - 'Da Ahnold' is a stogie fan. Need I say more?

Marty

• phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    Well one thing he's done well.. Though it won't last. Though it might have been contested in court. I don't know why they just don't outlaw littering on the beaches and parks? Just incur the fine for that. Screw smoking.... Though I doubt you'll find many cigars on the ground, most if not all are the butts of cigs.
  • bacon.jaybacon.jay Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 718
    phobicsquirrel:
    Well one thing he's done well.. Though it won't last. Though it might have been contested in court. I don't know why they just don't outlaw littering on the beaches and parks? Just incur the fine for that. Screw smoking.... Though I doubt you'll find many cigars on the ground, most if not all are the butts of cigs.

Most politicians don't know the difference between cigars and cigarettes. BS if you ask me. I really like the wording of the comment that the Governnator made in his veto of the bill though:

"But Schwarzenegger - whose cigar habit is well known - wrote in his one-page veto message that Senate Bill 4 was an 'improper intrusion of government into people's lives.' "

Now that's what I'm talking about.

I kind of take offense that they called smoking cigars a "habit" though. I don't feel as if it's a habit, I'm sure others will agree with me.

• bacon.jaybacon.jay Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 718
    Wow, post #400 ^^^. Woot woot.
    One of our Sacramento news channels had an article about the proposed ban on smoking in state parks and the title of the article was something to the effect of "State to Snuff Stogies" but the accompanying photos were all of cigarette butts.

I took exception to the wording and told them about it - but neither expected nor got a reply.

One just doesn't see all that many cigar butts laying around. Fewer cigar smokers and/or a somewhat better class of people? I think so.

Marty

• RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,914
    jlmarta:
    One of our Sacramento news channels had an article about the proposed ban on smoking in state parks and the title of the article was something to the effect of "State to Snuff Stogies" but the accompanying photos were all of cigarette butts.

I took exception to the wording and told them about it - but neither expected nor got a reply.

One just doesn't see all that many cigar butts laying around. Fewer cigar smokers and/or a somewhat better class of people? I think so.

Marty

The Governator Vetoed the Bill Yesterday... then went outside to his Cigar Tent at the State Hpuse and Smoked a Churchill God of Fire ! He was overheard saying Take that you Vegi eating Anti Smoking ASSHOLES ! True Story from CW 31 In Sacramento... I live in Folsom just 14 Miles away.
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    Redtailhawkoz:
    jlmarta:

Marty

The Governator Vetoed the Bill Yesterday... then went outside to his Cigar Tent at the State Hpuse and Smoked a Churchill God of Fire ! He was overheard saying Take that you Vegi eating Anti Smoking ASSHOLES ! True Story from CW 31 In Sacramento... I live in Folsom just 14 Miles away.
    Are you serious?? that's awesome, lol
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,555
    This thread is awesome. The other part of this is that the cigar butt will degredate very quickly and basically turn into the same thing as leaves falling off the trees, fertilizer. The filter on that cigarette will NEVER degredate and will stay a cigarett butt for many lifetimes.

• SquatchitoSquatchito Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 41
    What an unbelievable waste of time. If the purpose is to reduce pollution than perhaps they might try actually enforcing littering laws.
  • ironhorseironhorse Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 469
    Fourtotheflush:
    This thread is awesome. The other part of this is that the cigar butt will degredate very quickly and basically turn into the same thing as leaves falling off the trees, fertilizer. The filter on that cigarette will NEVER degredate and will stay a cigarett butt for many lifetimes.

I actually have a little compost heap collection next to where I park my car of cigar butts. hahaha its like a decomposing pile of bodies. Some still look nice and fresh even after being there for 3 or 4 days and some look like they're petrified dog turds!
    Krieg:
    Redtailhawkoz:
    jlmarta:

Marty

Dead Serious......... Arnold does have some CLASS! He has been Banned from 2 B&M's here. I take a Nice fuente with me every time I go to Sac Town to Offer hi if I ever run into him... he likes those old Hemming ways! But Believe it or not he SMokes Mostly Cubans He buys On Line from Canada!LOL
  • coachjamiecoachjamie Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 337
    banned from 2 B&M's?
    Da Ahnold may have a little class when it comes to cigars but I've never viewed him as having a lot of smarts. Even with all the supposed big-gun advisors he was supposed to have behind him when he was campaigning, he's managed to take a bad situation and completely screw it up. Ah, but let's not get into politics in a smoking thread.

Marty

rotflmao its all good!
  • sirfoster83sirfoster83 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 783
    As much as Arnold is unimpressive to me as a polotician, I will take him anyday. I live in Minneapolis try sitting outside smoking a nice churchill in 30 below windchill.... if your lucky enough to get a winter day with such balmy weather!
    I understand your feeling. I grew up in Detroit and, while I'm pretty sure it wasn't as cold as Minneapolis in the winter, it was still pretty miserable outside. That's one of the reasons I live in California.

As for Da Ahnold, you might want to re-think your statement. In my opinion, as a governor he makes a good plumber - or a day-laborer of some sort.

Marty

• ironhorseironhorse Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 469
    Redtailhawkoz:
    Krieg:
    Redtailhawkoz:
    jlmarta:

Marty

Dead Serious......... Arnold does have some CLASS! He has been Banned from 2 B&M's here. I take a Nice fuente with me every time I go to Sac Town to Offer hi if I ever run into him... he likes those old Hemming ways! But Believe it or not he SMokes Mostly Cubans He buys On Line from Canada!LOL
    I still want to know why he was banned? Is that true? you gotta have a lot of balls to ban the governor of the state you do business in!
    ironhorse:
    I still want to know why he was banned? Is that true? you gotta have a lot of balls to ban the governor of the state you do business in!

Yeah, I agree. Then again, I wouldn't want to be about a third of the way through a great stogie and have Da Ahnold walk in and light one up. Being trapped in the B&M with the guy would be a fate worse than death - boring-wise.

Marty

• sirfoster83sirfoster83 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 783
    jlmarta:
    I understand your feeling. I grew up in Detroit and, while I'm pretty sure it wasn't as cold as Minneapolis in the winter, it was still pretty miserable outside. That's one of the reasons I live in California.

As for Da Ahnold, you might want to re-think your statement. In my opinion, as a governor he makes a good plumber - or a day-laborer of some sort.

Marty

2 words for ya....Jesse Ventura (sp?) We know bad politics up here as well... Thank god that mess is over.
    Touche' , good sir.

Marty

• phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    sirfoster83:
    jlmarta:

Marty

2 words for ya....Jesse Ventura (sp?) We know bad politics up here as well... Thank god that mess is over.
    lol, well you guys do have michelle bachman in congress....

I too would like to know why Arnie was banned in shops, we need to know!!!!!!!!! At least he has good tastes, GOF's are pretty tasty.