Home General Discussion

5 Vegas Limitada

lilwing88lilwing88 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,787
Has anyone tried all three years? I've only had the 08 and thought it was very good. A nice smooth full-bodied maduro. Just wondering if there's a big difference among the years and which one is the best in your opinions....

Comments

• kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    all 4 years.

06 was the first year.

the 06 was great. the 07 was nothing special. the 08 is good but still needs rest (IMHO) the 09... come to think of it i have yet to have an 09.... hmmmm... i should work on that.
  • The CankThe Cank Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 799
    I had a few of the 09 but I think I remember people telling me that the 08 were better. Im getting the order of 15 next week I think
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    I've had the 06, 07, 08, 09. I doubt I'll go for the 10, but hey they usually find their way too me. I think the 08 is the best, the 06 is second. I found the 09 to be okay and the 07 to be the same. The 09 was a big price increase over the 08 and I don't know why. I dunno, there are other sticks with the limited sticker that are better. But hey, it's all subjective.
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,787
    My bad. Didn't know 06 was the first year. Now I have even MORE to try!
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,132
    I have an 06 sitting in the humidor but haven't tried one yet. I did smoke an 07 which was pretty good, never have got my hands on an 08, and I've smoked several of the 09. I thought the 09 was a fantastic cigar and I still have a few stashed away to hold onto and see how they age. I'll probably get a sampler of the 10's sometime to give them a shot.
  • ironhorseironhorse Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 469
    I have only had the 08, and one was good and one was bad. I agree with Kuzi that this stoge could probably benefit from some nice rest. It's got a very good thick oily maduro wrapper that will probably seep into the binder and filler and balance it a little better. I notice that on both, the torpedo tip was packed a little too tight and needs to be cut pretty deep. But it has a ton of potential, I think
  • txjayhawktxjayhawk Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 311
    kuzi16:
    all 4 years.

06 was the first year.

the 06 was great. the 07 was nothing special. the 08 is good but still needs rest (IMHO) the 09... come to think of it i have yet to have an 09.... hmmmm... i should work on that.
    I have a good amount of '09's if you would want to trade for a couple. PM me if you are interested.
  • sdipsdip Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 406
    IMO the best is the 06
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,294
    I have had all except the 2010. The one I liked the best was the 07. I swear I heard or read somewhere that there was an 05. Who knows... I would like to try the 2010 but at the moment I can't spend money on any.
    rwheelwright:
    I swear I heard or read somewhere that there was an 05.
    you are right.

i forgot that the original was 05.

the 05 blend:
    Wrapper: Equador
    Binder: Nicaragua
    Filler: Brazil

good call, and good eye.
  • leonardleonard Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 359
    I have smoked all but the 05 and the 10. I have a 05 but cant bring myself to smoke it.
  • cholmes8310cholmes8310 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,585
    leonard:
    I have smoked all but the 05 and the 10. I have a 05 but cant bring myself to smoke it.
    send it to me. I have no problem firing it up! hah
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    I didn't know there was an 05. I wonder how it compares...
    kuzi16:
    rwheelwright:
    I swear I heard or read somewhere that there was an 05.
    you are right.

i forgot that the original was 05.

the 05 blend:
    Wrapper: Equador
    Binder: Nicaragua
    Filler: Brazil

good call, and good eye.
    I'm just a nerd!
    leonard:
    i have never even seen one.

can you post a pic?
  • bass8844bass8844 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 416
    I've heard that the 05 was by far the best, but I've never had one. I remember I thought about picking up a box, but decided to get a box of the 06 instead. I'm kicking myself now for that decision
  • leonardleonard Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 359
    kuzi16:
    leonard:

can you post a pic?
    Im not good with stuff like that (posting pics). What I'll do is next time j0z3r comes over to herf I'll have him take a pic of the 05 and post it.
  • DiamondogDiamondog Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,169
    Just ordered up the past, present and future....only 1 I have tried is '08 and really enjoy them
  • CvilleECvilleE Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,177
    kuzi16:
    leonard:

can you post a pic?
    Here you go kuz...not sure if you have seen one yet since this is an older thread, but got this one from stad today...he had more that he listed he wanted to get rid of. I never thought I'd ever get one.

• aeon_spiral@yahoo.comaeon_spiral@yahoo.com Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,101
    i have a couple of 2010's left i like em quite a bit. havent tried 2011 yet
    CvilleE:
    kuzi16:
    leonard:

can you post a pic?
    Here you go kuz...not sure if you have seen one yet since this is an older thread, but got this one from stad today...he had more that he listed he wanted to get rid of. I never thought I'd ever get one.

If you got more than a few are you interested in trading 1 or 2?
  • aeon_spiral@yahoo.comaeon_spiral@yahoo.com Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,101
    leonard:
    ive got an extra 10 if ur interested in trading
  • CvilleECvilleE Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,177
    i only have this one..stad is the one to pm about the '05s....he is on vacation now though..
  • chemforeverchemforever Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,200
    And I thought this was going to be about the '12 have to see what botl think about that one.
    CvilleE:
    kuzi16:
    leonard:

can you post a pic?

no secondary band. interesting.
  • stadstad Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 386
    kuzi16:
    CvilleE:
    kuzi16:
    leonard:

can you post a pic?

The first year (05) was a simple box and one band. That's the only way to really distinguish it from later releases. I still have sealed boxes of 05-07 and an opened box of 08. I would really like to find new homes for them so i can start buying again. My humidors are maxed out! I purchased two boxes of each at time of original release, one for smoking and one for aging. I still have some left from the boxes I opened, that were the 05 I gave CvilleE came from.
    stad:
    kuzi16:
    CvilleE:
    kuzi16:
    leonard:

can you post a pic?

The first year (05) was a simple box and one band. That's the only way to really distinguish it from later releases. I still have sealed boxes of 05-07 and an opened box of 08. I would really like to find new homes for them so i can start buying again. My humidors are maxed out! I purchased two boxes of each at time of original release, one for smoking and one for aging. I still have some left from the boxes I opened, that were the 05 I gave CvilleE came from.
    I'll trade you for a few 05s if you are interested.
  • Medic45Medic45 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,886
    I'd be happy to take a few off ur hands pm me and let's see what we can work out
  • VisionVision Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,701
    Did you get the 08s?
  • Medic45Medic45 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,886
    Vision:
    Did you get the 08s?
    O yeah bro I got em posted in what u get today thread tyvm I now have 08,10,11 need 06,07,09 and 12 lol