Home Ratings & Reviews

Gurkha Genghis Khan Churchill

LCarLCar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 57
Well, I went to the local B&M last week and picked one of these up. Costa Rican Maduro with Dominican fillers. Let me tell you, it kicked my butt. This is one of the strongest "Medium Bodied" cigars I have ever had. It was very leathery with earthy tones and a little bit of floral notes and slight notes of pepper. It was not very complex as far as the flavors changing, but it was strong enough to hold my attention throughout the 2 1/2 hours it took to burn it all the way down to the nub. I think I would agree with the "body" of the cigar being medium, but the flavor leans closer to full. The smoke is surprisingly light on the palette for the strength of the flavor, but it doesn't really seem out of balance. I was impressed with how much this cigar kicked my butt. I can say that I wouldn't smoke it in the morning, nor would I want to smoke it on an empty stomach. That said, I certainly would love another one. As soon as I smelled it I knew I would love it. Anybody ever have one of these babies? Just wondering if anyone else thought these were a little on the strong side...

Comments