Home General Discussion

Noob Question.

Dr RockDr Rock Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6
Hey guys, Ive got a quick question about the site...

When ordering online, do you need to be present when the cigars are delivered for age verification and signature?  I'm away from the house 12 hours at a time, and its always a pain in the ass when we order wine online to actually be here. 

Having that said, Party on!

Comments

• xmacroxmacro Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,402
    Answer - it depends.

If the cigars are shipped USPS, then I've never had to sign. If they're shipped UPS, then it depends on the delivery guy - I've had some that won't deliver unless they get a signature, I've had some that drop it off, walk away, then come back and ask for a signature, but mostly the UPS just drops it off and leaves

In any even, Ccom always sends an email with a tracking link, so you always know what day the sticks are gonna arrive on

• phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    yeah I'm in the same boat. usps is pretty good about dropping it off, but sometimes I have to pick it up at the PO.. UPS depends on the driver. I try to always use usps, ,ups sucks monkey nuts.
  • Dr RockDr Rock Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6
    phobicsquirrel:
    yeah I'm in the same boat. usps is pretty good about dropping it off, but sometimes I have to pick it up at the PO.. UPS depends on the driver. I try to always use usps, ,ups sucks monkey nuts.

Thanks to both!
  • undulacundulac Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,129
    Never had to sign. Knock on wood.
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,378
    never had to sign anything myself.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    TatuajeVI:
    never had to sign anything myself.
    me neither.... plus there is age verification at the check out.
  • Garen BGaren B Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 977
    Same as the others, I never have to sign if its UPS. Just have a friend or neighbor make sure that those sticks don't disappear off your porch.
  • HaysHays Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,262
    Never once had to sign.
  • Dark RoastDark Roast Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 463
  • kevster77kevster77 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 68
    they always shove it in the mailbox and drive off.
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,317
    Dr Rock:

When ordering online, do you need to be present when the cigars are delivered for age verification and signature?  I'm away from the house 12 hours at a time, and its always a pain in the ass when we order wine online to actually be here. 

Ummm Dr Rock are you underage? Just saying that's a question someone underage would ask.

• fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,023
    stephen_hannibal:
    Dr Rock:

Ummm Dr Rock are you underage? Just saying that's a question someone underage would ask.

Very astute observation, I have never had to sign and never considered i would.
  • Dr RockDr Rock Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6
    stephen_hannibal:
    Dr Rock:

Haha.  I wish.  I buy alot of wine online and every time I have been required to be present to sign for the delivery.  Just checking if this was the same.
  • jsnakejsnake Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,037
    I have not ever once had to sign for a cigar package and I have received packages from many online vendors.
  • Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 930
    If I get them through UPS, I have to sign, but I have to sign for any and everything that comes through them. The driver out here will just set them by the door if nobody is here though, unless told otherwise. The postal driver that we have now drops my packages at the door. I used to have to pick them up at the PO. All in all, I've never had any issues. Luckily, the delivery folks in my area are good guys.