Home General Discussion

Cigar Podcasts

Dustin1981Dustin1981 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 410
Does anyone listen to any cigar podcasts. I like to take them on my ipod to work with me and check them out but now that I am all out of the old ccom radio podcasts I am looking to find some new ones. Anyone have any suggestions?

Comments

• illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,507
    I don't listen to any but I would like too for sure
  • Stryker808Stryker808 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 269
    www.cigardave.com - http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/cigar-dave-broadcast/id318535478 first hour is usually about politics with a tobacco/smoking theme. Second hour he fields calls from around the nation asking questions and giving out cigars. I think there are a bunch of others....try google... but this is the one ive been listening to for a while.
  • LeftFiveLeftFive Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 181
    I listen to these two:
    Dogwatch Cigar Radio
    Stogie Fresh 5

The Stogie Fresh guy can be irritating in his over pronunciation of Spanish words and general speaking voice, but I agree with the majority of his reviews. He does 1 cigar and pairs an (alcoholic) drink with it, rates and reviews them both.
    The Dog Watch guys are more appealing to me; they're both kind of gruff, no-nonsense fellers.

I'm not fully sold on either one tho; I listen to ones that are reviewing cigars I'm interested in, and skip what I'm not. They both release shows consistently, and help pass the time at work.
  • ironhorseironhorse Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 469
    I've only listened to the dogwatch guys and I like them, but I can't stay awake when I listen. It goes on just wayyyy too long. They could easily cut that show down to a half hour and make it more interesting but they don't bring much of their personal lives in and their reviews tend to be accurate, but bland and poorly delivered. I might give them another shot now that I know more about cigars, but jeesh, gotta get a cup of coffee first.