Home General Discussion

Anyone else?

bama3715bama3715 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 89
So i just got through smoking a Drew Estate Java Wafe, which kinda sucked. Ive had one before that was ok, but this one seemed like it didnt have enough filler. Very loose draw but a ton of smoke. My question is a lot of the extreme box pressed i have had seems to "breathe" whenever i inhale. looks kinda cool. This has happened with the Patel Ipress and Gurkha Regent. Anyone else ever noticed this?

Comments

• bama3715bama3715 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 89
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,317
    I notice box press cigars burn weird for me...
  • mrpillowmrpillow Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 464
    Box pressed cigars have consistently burned better than round cigars for me.
  • Dustin1981Dustin1981 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 410
    mrpillow:
    Box pressed cigars have consistently burned better than round cigars for me.
    I am the exact opposite. I seem to have more issues with box press than round. Nothing that is so bad that I would pass on one but I tend to find them a bit more loose on the draw. Any burn issues I have had tend to fix themselves. If I had a choice between a round or boxed I would go round but I have had alot of very enjoyable box presses.
  • bama3715bama3715 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 89
    Its not the burn that im referring to, it the way the cigar suctions in and out whenever i inhale. Sorta like the way a straw does whenever your milkshake is too thick.
  • Dark RoastDark Roast Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 463
    That wafe can be poorly constructed. Have always stayed away from it. Otherwise I have always had good luck with box pressed.
  • txjayhawktxjayhawk Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 311
    My girlfriend will smoke the wafe. Last couple times she has had problems with it going out...it does seem like they could have packed a little more filler in there. I am trying to get her to smoke a a regular size and not a gimmicky stick.
  • cholmes8310cholmes8310 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,585
    bama3715:
    Its not the burn that im referring to, it the way the cigar suctions in and out whenever i inhale. Sorta like the way a straw does whenever your milkshake is too thick.
    I noticed this on a 5Vegas Gold box press, but it was a poorly constructed stick anyways. filler felt light, there were several soft spots, etc. I haven't had any problems with Perdomo2 box pressed I've smoked, or any of the RP Vintage box presses.
  • bacon.jaybacon.jay Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 718
    The only infused cigars from Drew Estate that I'll smoke is the Java Wafe Maduro, and the Tabak Especial Petit Corona "Colada" in the Dulce (connecticut) wrapper. The other sizes/wrappers in each respective line are horrible to me. Even then, I have to be in the right mood.

I think it's because those sizes offer just enough flavor, but not too much. I've never had burn or draw issues with them though...

• alienmisprintalienmisprint Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,961
    bama3715:
    I have never noticed that, and I love the I-Press. Although I haven't had one in a while.
  • Duder2Duder2 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 926
    alienmisprint:
    bama3715:
    I have never noticed that, and I love the I-Press. Although I haven't had one in a while.
    I've never noticed the "breathing" thing. I think the I-Press has a decent flavor, but they have always had a bad burn for me, very uneven. For that reason I have no desire to buy more. I generally have good luck with box presses though.
  • gmill880gmill880 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,947
    I LOVE the DE Java Maduro Toro and the Tabak Especial ...just sayin ...