Home General Discussion

Getting Stressed at work.

NYHCx516xNYHCx516x Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 728
Its beautiful outside, and stormy in here! Work politics are just getting on my nerves. So, I was thinking... people take smoke breaks. Often. Think anyone would get pissed if I ducked outside for an hour and a half with a MOW? Come on... just one smoke, you let everyone else! HA. Today is brought to you by STRESS. And I will get through it by mentally placing myself on my porch, smoking the lovely evening away.

Anyone else daydream to get through work?

Comments

• Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 930
    I'm with you there. I work in customer service, which is stressful enough by itself. I can cope with it though, because it's my job and I'm used to it. The office politics annoy me to no end though.
  • NYHCx516xNYHCx516x Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 728
    Same here. Customer (Patient) service in the health care industry. I can deal with customers(patients). Its the inter office politics (and real world politics at this point) that wear me down.
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,317
    Dude f'n do it... I did it at the end of last summer constantly.
    I know today I'm ducking out early.

• pnaylonpnaylon Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 214
    Just finished my 2-hour concrete test, I'm about to smoke up a storm!
  • AdcuriumAdcurium Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 170
    Take a Churchill sized mental health break! If an hour and a half prevents a heartattack, it's worth it (IMHO).
  • ironhorseironhorse Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 469
    haha, I have my own office so I can smoke while working, but I imagine if you're allowed like 3 15 mins breaks in a day, you could use all of em at once to have a nub. Or a robusto.....if you can handle it.
    ironhorse:
    haha, I have my own office so I can smoke while working, but I imagine if you're allowed like 3 15 mins breaks in a day, you could use all of em at once to have a nub. Or a robusto.....if you can handle it.
    First off *300 post* woot :)

Second... i get a lunch, and no more than 20 min of break. But i do get an hour lunch... so I should consider a nub. Robustos are too much, or so ive heard. Working for a health care company too... I would have to leave sight of the building to smoke... (again, politics).. which sucks, cause there is tons of parkland around my place.
  • cholmes8310cholmes8310 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,585
    Fourtotheflush and myself have the same problem. During the spring and summer we try to get out at least once a week for an hour lunch. Generally take a NUB, toro, or corona sized stick and smoke em kinda quick. Maybe not the BEST way to smoke em to preserce the flavor, but it helps us keep our sanity.
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,317
    Its 66° and sunny at work on a saturday...
    need
    to
    have
    a
    cigar....
    So glad (sometimes) that im a monday - friday guy. Its nice here. Ill have one in your honor!