Home General Discussion

I have a confession to make...

brainfrzbrainfrz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 73
I love maduro cigars. Just smoked a 5 Vegas A- damn that was good. Between the recent Macanudo Maduro and CCom Brazilian I'm sold. Other cigars are good, but maduro's do the trick for me. Mellow yet flavorful. They genuinely relax me, put me in a good state of euphoria. Need I say more? I picked up 2 of the daily deals today and will be buying a box of Brazilian torpedo's when my cigar budget and wife permits. Life is good.

Comments

• Dark RoastDark Roast Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 463
    Brain - glad you found your sweet spot for cigars! Enjoy all Maduro's you can! But remember variety is the spice of life. So don't completely pigeonhole yourself! Enjoy Life!
  • brainfrzbrainfrz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 73
    Dark Roast:
    Brain - glad you found your sweet spot for cigars! Enjoy all Maduro's you can! But remember variety is the spice of life. So don't completely pigeonhole yourself! Enjoy Life!
    Couldn't agree anymore. I always love having a good sampler pack in my humi to taste out but will always fall back on maduros.
  • gdsim1gdsim1 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 213
    Brain, I have a suggestion for you - if you havent already, pick up an Ashton Aged Maduro sometime. Had my first one the other day at the suggestion of my local B&M owner, and it just might be the best cigar I have EVER smoked! They're a little pricey, but well worth it!

• zeebrazeebra Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,166
    I hear the Kristoff's are pretty good. Gonna have to try a maduro soon. Still have not tired anything but connies yet.
  • mrpillowmrpillow Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 464
    The Kristoff's are a FANTASTIC maduro, easily one of my favorites.
  • pnaylonpnaylon Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 214
    I love me some CAO Brazilia! Might be a little full bodied, but MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!

• HugemooseHugemoose Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 458
    I have to agree with you! I really like to switch up what I smoke when I go out for one, but I always come back to a maduro.
  • Duder2Duder2 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 926
    Yeah, in general maduro's rock. So far for me, in the Brazilian label house blend, the best vitola (tried them all) is definitely the robusto with the churchill coming in second. I haven't had great luck so far with the torp's, but the robusto is fan-freakin-tastic! Just my .02 on that one.

I just tried an AJ Fernandez signature maduro and must say it was pretty great. I'll give the rest I have a bit more rest, but it was damn good. Might wanna grab some of those while you can, they aren't being made anymore.
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    Probably one of the best maduros I've had in awhile is the Padron 1964 Maduro. Also if you enjoy maduro, try the Camacho Triple Maduro. That is a powerhouse of a cigar, the robusto is about a 2 hr smoke for me. I have been on the hunt for the CAO Mx3, pretty rare cigar, so if any of you happen to see one let me know :)
  • brainfrzbrainfrz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 73
    Thank you all for the recomendations- I'll have to give them a try.
  • Sandman1amSandman1am Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,567
    Krieg:
    Probably one of the best maduros I've had in awhile is the Padron 1964 Maduro. Also if you enjoy maduro, try the Camacho Triple Maduro. That is a powerhouse of a cigar, the robusto is about a 2 hr smoke for me. I have been on the hunt for the CAO Mx3, pretty rare cigar, so if any of you happen to see one let me know :)
    I'm with Krieg on both of these cigars! Love em. On a side note I have a CAO Mx3 resting right now. I think I can still get these down in Detroit. I will check and get back to you.