Home Non Cigar Related

HC Bill Rant

2»

Comments

• lilwing88lilwing88 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,787
    PuroFreak:
    Read an interesting bit this week about how the Medicare services agency announced that the new health insurance law will increase the nation's health care tab over the next 10 years instead of bringing costs down... Now isn't this exactly what we have been saying all along? And isn't this one of the major problems the administration and the democratic congress said this bill would fix?? Fantastic! Go figure, another runaway government program...
    The magical cuts in Medicare that the Dems proposed are turning out to be unsustainable because they don't take into account the fact that the pool of Medicare recipients is going to be increasing over the next few years. There's no way for Medicare to run efficiently 10 years from now with the cuts that are supposed to go into effect. I predict an amendment to Medicare funding coming in early 2012. Obama will try to save face with his octogenarian voting pool.
  • jlzimmermanjlzimmerman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 282
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,317
    I knew something like this was going to happen... seriously who didn't call it.

• PuroFreakPuroFreak Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,132
    The sad thing is, the liberals answer will be "More Regulations" to stop the evil corporations from getting away with this! Remember what they teach us, "profit" is a BAD THING...
  • VulchorVulchor Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,176
    I think the problem is (and I am not getting into this topic, just voicing concerns I have heard by both sides) not profit being bad....its what the cost of the profit is in human and ethical terms that is the issue.
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,132
    Vulchor:
    I think the problem is (and I am not getting into this topic, just voicing concerns I have heard by both sides) not profit being bad....its what the cost of the profit is in human and ethical terms that is the issue.
    Well that is a whole different problem. Then you get into the government legislating their own version of morality. This is where I've always leaned more libertarian and have disagreed with the conservatives back in the 80's. The left is doing the same thing. They think it's a moral issue for them to control the big bad corporations so everyone is treated fairly. Well if that corporation is making their profits without violating the rights of people, then I don't care if they turn a $100 billion profit. It's none of anyone's business. Health care is NOT a right. It can not by definition be a right. And for the liberals to say these corporations are violating rights by not providing health care is a lie to demonize a successful business that is creating wealth, and creating jobs.
  • VulchorVulchor Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,176
    Im glad to live in a country where we can differ in opinions. With this however, there are also times we will never agree, or even understand points the other is trying to make at times---and I think we are again at that point. I am very happy and blessed (a term I use lightly due to my feelings on Religion at this point of my life) to have insurance and a lot of creature comforts many people do not. There are reasons for that both good and bad, that deal with anything from hard work vs laziness down to education and class vs ignorance and misfortune. I enjoy our debate here, and while I am baffled by some opinions (even my own at times) at least the discussion is put out there for each side...better or worse.
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    There is still a chance this healthcare bill can be stopped. If the GOP can take control of the house (Ie the purse strings) then they can cut off funding for the law, which basically stops the program in it's tracks. Then there might be a good possibility it will be repealed if GOP gains control of WH and filibuster proof senate.