Home General Discussion

Chicken S**t??????

lilwing88lilwing88 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,787
Which cigar in your humi are you the most chicken s**t to light up? Maybe it's because your waiting for the perfect moment or your afraid you won't like it that much. Or maybe it's because it's a rare one that hard to come by.......

I guess I'll start, but I have a few........

My GOF, Camacho Pre-Embargo, and an ISOM Cohiba. I get nervous just looking at them sometimes....

Comments

• cabinetmakercabinetmaker Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,561
    I have a DE acid cigar in a glass tube. I'm not concerned about it being rare, just about how bad it'll suck, and WTF was I thinking when I bought it??

I got a Pre-embargo in the other day, it was a very nice smoke.
  • Smoke=FireSmoke=Fire Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 682
    Without doubt it is a Gurkha Grand Age perfecto, 2 of them in fact, with about 3 years on them. Most definitely waiting on the right moment!

But my wife keeps telling me she has a headache. -.-

Looks like it's gonna get more age on it :P
  • xmacroxmacro Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,402
    Cohiba Maduro. I love the Cohiba Red Dot, but I usually don't like full-bodied smokes . . . but on the other hand I do love Cohiba's. So I'm just sitting on the fence, unsure whether to trade it away or give it a whirl
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    I have two La Aurora 1495 Cameroon 1994. ( The 1994 wrapper is what makes this one so special ) I fear smoking the second to last one because that means I only have one left. They are great and never to be made again. Jozer knows what I mean because has a dwindling stash of these gems.
  • ironhorseironhorse Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 469
    I have a cohiba maduro too, in the glass tube, that I am afraid to smoke, but only cause it looks so pretty in there. I also have an opus X and about 3 VSG's that I don't know why I refuse to look at, but its like the arc of the covenant to me. Keep in case of holy apocolypse emergency. I also had a cain F for a while that I was keeping cause I was petrified to smoke it indoors in the winter. But since the weather has vastly improved, I bit the bullet the other day. Don't know why I was so scared, it was fantastic, and only a slight buzz. RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!!
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,787
    kaspera79:
    I have two La Aurora 1495 Cameroon 1994. ( The 1994 wrapper is what makes this one so special ) I fear smoking the second to last one because that means I only have one left. They are great and never to be made again. Jozer knows what I mean because has a dwindling stash of these gems.
    How do you know if you have one with a 1994 wrapper? I have a La Aurora 1495 Cameroon Corona that was gifted to me with lots of age on it, but I have no clue what year the wrapper is......
  • LukoLuko Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,004
    Have a GoF that I'm just waiting for the right moment for.
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,294
    kaspera79:
    I got a stash too...But I'm hoarding them. I have them on an aging regiment.
  • HeavyHeavy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,590
    I have an ISOM Cohiba and a couple of ISOM Fonsecas that have 3+ years of age on them. I keep saving them for a special occasion, but everytime a special occasion comes up, I decide it's just not 'special' enough to burn one of these. So instead I just dig something out of the humidor that I feel is more 'replacable' than these.
  • mrpillowmrpillow Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 464
    I'm hesitant to smoke anything I only have one of, even if it is easily replaceable XD
  • Hawk55Hawk55 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 846
    When I was first starting out...almost two years ago....I ordered one of the Acid Tin Samplers... I have separated them into their own little humidor...occasionally I will open it and smell one of the stiks to see if I am ready to try one...these things SCARE me...they don't smell like a cigar should smell.... Do you know what I mean...
  • txjayhawktxjayhawk Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 311
    mrpillow:
    I'm hesitant to smoke anything I only have one of, even if it is easily replaceable XD
    +1 on that...
  • kevster77kevster77 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 68
    I would have to say oliva serieV. don't want the full body make me spew up my lunch.
  • Sandman1amSandman1am Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,567
    txjayhawk:
    mrpillow:
    +1 on that...
    +2
  • DaveTheRookie09DaveTheRookie09 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 58
    I have 4 GOF Don Carlos Robustos and I was originally planning to smoke one on my birthday (May 15th!!) but then realized that since it's the big 21 i will be too wasted to enjoy it... maybe the weekend after i'll have one
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    lilwing88:
    kaspera79:
    How do you know if you have one with a 1994 wrapper? I have a La Aurora 1495 Cameroon Corona that was gifted to me with lots of age on it, but I have no clue what year the wrapper is......
    There is a second smaller band that says Cameroon 1994 under the large band with the lion on it. If you have one, you are in for a treat.
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,787
    kaspera79:
    lilwing88:
    kaspera79:
    There is a second smaller band that says Cameroon 1994 under the large band with the lion on it. If you have one, you are in for a treat.
    D'oh! Mine just says Cameroon .... oh well.
  • urbinourbino Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,517
    kaspera79:
    Ditto. I think I've got 4 or 5 left.

My other one would be the 2 Oliva Special S diademas I have left. They're not made anymore, either.
  • acsamples79acsamples79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 66
    a few different cohiba ISOM, definetely my ISOM r&J dukes. since theyre limited edition.. im afraid they will be hard to find if i ever need more... as well as my opus x "A"
  • KCWKCW Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,253
    My Father In-Law's ISOMS. There all about 5-14 years old. It's actually not fair to look at them every time I get a smoke. And I try to have him over for dinner OFTEN. I ask if he wants one and he always says NO!!! Its like he's doing it on purpose!!!
  • Smoke=FireSmoke=Fire Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 682
    kaspera79:
    Oh gawd, I have two of those as well. Now watch me get drunk one night and smoke them both :P
  • Sandman1amSandman1am Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,567
    KCW:
    My Father In-Law's ISOMS. There all about 5-14 years old. It's actually not fair to look at them every time I get a smoke. And I try to have him over for dinner OFTEN. I ask if he wants one and he always says NO!!! Its like he's doing it on purpose!!!
    You should charge him "rent".
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,294
    KCW:
    You should buy similar looking cigars, smoke his ISOMs and put the bands on the new ones. F him for teasing you like that. You need to teach him a lesson! :-)
  • Alex WilliamsAlex Williams Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,515
    rwheelwright:
    KCW:
    You should buy similar looking cigars, smoke his ISOMs and put the bands on the new ones. F him for teasing you like that. You need to teach him a lesson! :-)
    he aint blood family... SMOKE EM!!!!
  • KCWKCW Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,253
    Alex Williams:
    rwheelwright:
    KCW:
    he aint blood family... SMOKE EM!!!!
    I've already been put on notice. The reason I have them is because when he was having some renovations done at his house he moved them to my humi for "safe keeping". Good thing too. His Humi got trashed during the renovation. He usually smokes with me so he said, "Lets leave 'em in yours. But, I'll know if you smoke one." Arghhhhhhhhh!