Home General Discussion

Potential New Humidor - Form over Function?

unmerrymelodiesunmerrymelodies Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 19
I am looking to get a new humidor since my current one is bursting at the seams. Has anyone ever used or known anyone who has used a humidor similar to this one? That link goes to another site (boo, hiss) but it had to be done.

My main concern is that although it looks quite spiffy, keeping the humidity consistent will be difficult. It's effectively got 4 seals on it and i feel that is just a huge amount of liabilities. However, I can sometimes be an organizational nut and having all those drawers to keep things separate would be perfect for me. If anyone has tried one of these in the past please let me know if you've had any issues and even if you haven't feel free to weigh in on any pros or cons you can think of.

Comments

• mustluvcigarsmustluvcigars Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 686
    dont have one, so cant speak to function, but ive seen models very similisr to that for half the price, one is at the site not to be mentioned here.
  • firetruckguyfiretruckguy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,484
    Looks pretty nice. I have a lucky 7, Its kinda like the one your looking at but all 7 drawers are inside the humidor. It said it was a 200 count and I am at 180 of all difrent size and I still have 1 and a half drawers left to fill. Pretty nice humi for under 100 bucks. Good luck with whatever one you pick my friend.
  • mustluvcigarsmustluvcigars Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 686
    firetruckguy:
    Looks pretty nice. I have a lucky 7, Its kinda like the one your looking at but all 7 drawers are inside the humidor. It said it was a 200 count and I am at 180 of all difrent size and I still have 1 and a half drawers left to fill. Pretty nice humi for under 100 bucks. Good luck with whatever one you pick my friend.
    i believe thats one I was refering to, I had my eye on it a while back, looks nice.
  • firetruckguyfiretruckguy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,484
    mustluvcigars:
    firetruckguy:
    i believe thats one I was refering to, I had my eye on it a while back, looks nice.

I have to say I love it. I hate endorsing somthing from another site, but this humi is beautiful and so functional. One of thies days im going to hit up waxingmoon to see if he couldnt make me a bigger one like it made out of his beautiful wood.

And yes cabi......... I said "his beautiful wood" ;)
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,384
    Looks cool but the only thing i would be concerned about is the seal on the ones that open up to the sides....only ever seen top opening humi's. But if it seals up right.....that looks pretty kick ass.
  • unmerrymelodiesunmerrymelodies Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 19
    firetruckguy:
    I saw one similar to the Lucky 7 you mentioned but it was from a different site. I like the look of those and the fact that it only has the single door would ease my concerns about keeping the humidity consistent. There are just so many options out there. I love buying things online, but items like these I wish one of the local B&M's carried them so I could actually check it out in person.