Home Cigar 101

What are acid cigars?

2»

Comments

• turn_keyturn_key Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 90
    I happen to like both the Java and Tabak, but they are not for everyone. I can relate to the cat piss commment; I've had a similar reaction to an Acid. There are times when I feel like having a full body and times where I want something more aromatic: Sometimes I want to taste dirt and leather and sometimes I want something sweet smelling and tasting. I can't see a Java as an everyday smoke, but it's nice to mix it up. Just my 2 cents.
  • DaveTheRookie09DaveTheRookie09 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 58
    turn_key:
    I happen to like both the Java and Tabak, but they are not for everyone. I can relate to the cat piss commment; I've had a similar reaction to an Acid. There are times when I feel like having a full body and times where I want something more aromatic: Sometimes I want to taste dirt and leather and sometimes I want something sweet smelling and tasting. I can't see a Java as an everyday smoke, but it's nice to mix it up. Just my 2 cents.
    I agree whole heartedly! I love a MoW or a Padilla but every once in a while especially if I have a bonfire I love a Kuba Kuba or a Tabak Especial Cafe con Leche and everyone around me loves the smell... When I cut the cap on a Tabak and it smells like grandma just pulled a fresh batch of brownies out of the oven you know you are in for a real treat!!! But I can only have them once in a blue moon so I only have a little 10ct Humidor dedicated to infused cigars...
  • Dark RoastDark Roast Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 463
    TatuajeVI:
    All I gotta say is DE makes some great sticks. Infused is not my thing, but they did get me back into cigars a few years ago. Now, the T52 and No. 9 Liga Privada are fantastic sticks. Pick em up and thank me later!
    Picked up a box of 9's a couple weeks ago. Tried one at a B&M a month ago. And F'n loved it! They are resting nicely to be nudged awake when I can no longer resist their calling me. I fired up a One yesterday and a Java the day before. Since becoming a BOTL, at least I think I am, I have tried to branch out into more traditional sticks. But I have twenty to thirty infused sitting in seperate container that I fire up on occasion. My infused used to occupy a 150ct. humidor. Now they reside in a zip lock baggy while my humidors (150 and 50) hold more trditional sticks. It was that damn March Madness that kicked the infused to a plastic bag!
  • zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,214
    are said to be comparable to the traditional Churchill and Robusto cigars.
    ... to the original poster: Churchill and Robusto are both sizes, not flavors or blends. Just in case you were wondering why everyone was busting on ya.

I've liked some of the Drews and hated others. I would like it if they actually told us what flavors are used in the cigars, rather than just their useless descriptions.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    zoom6zoom:
    are said to be comparable to the traditional Churchill and Robusto cigars.
    ... to the original poster: Churchill and Robusto are both sizes, not flavors or blends. Just in case you were wondering why everyone was busting on ya.

I've liked some of the Drews and hated others. I would like it if they actually told us what flavors are used in the cigars, rather than just their useless descriptions.
    Was kind of dickish if you ask me. I've never had any acid's, never will. I had a few kahluha cigars and at first liked them but then they just became to sweet for me. I've tried Tabaks, but the same thing, way too sweet. My buddy's GF likes sweet sticks but since I give her real cigars from time to time she doesn't even smoke the flavored ones any longer.
  • AdcuriumAdcurium Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 170
    I've never smoked an Acid. But, there was a gentleman in my B&M the other day smoking one and it smelled like coffee. I love coffee. Almost more than I love sailing, the Yankees, clean sheets. payday and strippers. And it smelled like heaven. But, I haven't been able to bring myself to smoke one. I think a cigar should smell like a cigar. But alas, last night I got a package from a friend which contained, among other things, 2 acid cigars. So later this afternoon I'll have one with my stripper. Er, I mean coffee... and I'll report back.
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,317
    Hmmm it's been almost 14hrs... you guys think it killed him?

I chickened out and went with a fuente!
  • sightunseensightunseen Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,130
    For a second I thought you might have had some acid and smoked a stripper.
  • doromathdoromath Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 576
    sightunseen:
    For a second I thought you might have had some acid and smoked a stripper.

Thanks for making me miss my college days...been awhile since I felt old.
  • 405bench405bench Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 36
    "the only people I know that smoke ACID cigars are women".

Not sure if this is just making a true statement or a dis.   I happen to love certain Acids at certain times.  In fact I'm smoking a kuba-kuba as I type.   I've been smoking premium handmades for 28 yrs now and avg 3/day.  Although my favs tend to be Fuente Hemingway maduros, Aston VSG, and maduro's, and Olivia V's, I do like the Acid 3's, kuba-kuba and Acid one's.  I find them to be very high quality smokes.

As for women only...I'm 6'1" 240 and bench 405, well actually I missed it this morning but tripled 365.   I'm not a woman.

Frankly I can understand not liking Acid's but I find the condecending remarks towards those that do offensive.   I personally don't care what ones tastes run too.  I'll smoke a cigar with someone that lights up a swisser (sp?) sweet.  To each his (or her) own.  It is a personal experiance so quite disrespecting those that have tastes that aren't your own.

Reminds me of flyfisherman who dis anyone that doesn't throw dry fly's only.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    405bench:
    "the only people I know that smoke ACID cigars are women".

Not sure if this is just making a true statement or a dis.   I happen to love certain Acids at certain times.  In fact I'm smoking a kuba-kuba as I type.   I've been smoking premium handmades for 28 yrs now and avg 3/day.  Although my favs tend to be Fuente Hemingway maduros, Aston VSG, and maduro's, and Olivia V's, I do like the Acid 3's, kuba-kuba and Acid one's.  I find them to be very high quality smokes.

As for women only...I'm 6'1" 240 and bench 405, well actually I missed it this morning but tripled 365.   I'm not a woman.

Frankly I can understand not liking Acid's but I find the condecending remarks towards those that do offensive.   I personally don't care what ones tastes run too.  I'll smoke a cigar with someone that lights up a swisser (sp?) sweet.  To each his (or her) own.  It is a personal experiance so quite disrespecting those that have tastes that aren't your own.

Reminds me of flyfisherman who dis anyone that doesn't throw dry fly's only.
    Hey bench, around here we say things in a joking manner, This forum is unlike any I have ever seen.... We all "know" each other and are just poking fun at our friends. I smoke Acids too on occasion, and take no offense when the purists among us have a little fun. I just can't stand those damm Macanudo smokers ! (jk)
    For the record, I really do like Coffee and the Yankees. I might try to make a break for the back deck tonight and I've got an Acid and a CAO Traviata in the que. If I make it out there, I'll smoke 'em both. For the team.
  • Dark RoastDark Roast Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 463
    Hey Bench...Stick around these forums and you will see everyone busts everyone's balls. But is all in fun and not meant to disrespect or hurt feelings. Like I have stated before I enjoy an Acid from time to time (Java, One, Blondie), but when I started reading these threads over a Spring Break vacation with family I really enjoyed what these guys had to say. Now they have become somewhat of an extended family. Hell if you ask my wife, I spend more time on computer than I ever did in past. This place can be addicting! And I am trying different cigars, although the MOW kicked my a$$. Any way I have added my .02. Peace Out!
  • HaybletHayblet Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,400
    I'm actually on my way out to pick up an Acid to see if they are what people rave/jeer about not sure what kind to start with... depends on if my B&M is open for one thing and what they carry
  • GadwinDuilGadwinDuil Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 474
    I'd suggest a 1400cc or Kuba Kuba for a first try of a DE. They are sweet but not disgustingly so.

Just saying :P
  • HaybletHayblet Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,400
    Smoked the Kuba Kuba while I was there watching the Cubs lose :( wasn't too bad of a stick I suppose, got a 1400 for later will do a review on it more than likely
  • Melman55Melman55 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3

...for people like me who find regular cigars unexciting.  I am a full time smoker of all the D.E. infused products...Acid, Ambrosia, Tabak Especial, Natural and Sub-culture.  I'm trying to find a traditionbal cigar that I like...and struggling to do so.  I like sweetness and flavor...and nobody can match the Drew Estate infusion process. 

Can someone recommend a traditonal cigar with some decent flavor....because all I sense is variations of blandness. ...oak, toffee, leather, cedar...can't taste them...all I sense is burning tobacco...so...ultimatleyI find traditional cigars unsatisfying.

I even tried the Liga 9...it's okay I guess...but an Opulence 3 blows it away.

• kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    Melman55:

...for people like me who find regular cigars unexciting.  I am a full time smoker of all the D.E. infused products...Acid, Ambrosia, Tabak Especial, Natural and Sub-culture.  I'm trying to find a traditionbal cigar that I like...and struggling to do so.  I like sweetness and flavor...and nobody can match the Drew Estate infusion process. 

Can someone recommend a traditonal cigar with some decent flavor....because all I sense is variations of blandness. ...oak, toffee, leather, cedar...can't taste them...all I sense is burning tobacco...so...ultimatleyI find traditional cigars unsatisfying.

I even tried the Liga 9...it's okay I guess...but an Opulence 3 blows it away.

youve probably trained your palate to only accept infused cigars. if you want to try and switch, you need to stop smoking all together for a while. let your palate recover for a few months.
  • Melman55Melman55 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3
    Thanks but no thanks...I like my palate just the way it is Kuzi.  There are a couple of regular cigars that I liked enough to try again...namely the Shaq Diesel and the Man O'War Ruination. 
  • docbp87docbp87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,521
    Melman55:
    Thanks but no thanks...I like my palate just the way it is Kuzi.  There are a couple of regular cigars that I liked enough to try again...namely the Shaq Diesel and the Man O'War Ruination. 
    The flavors in non-infused cigars are often more subtle, requiring more attention to pick up... because they are not artificially placed into the cigar, through the use of oils and what not. I personally have tried a few different D.E. infused sticks... not my cup of tea. They all taste like different incenses to me. I guess if I want patchouli, I'll light some incense, not a cigar. If I want a cigar I'm not going to go light some incense am I?