Home General Discussion

Don't Look Now

dutyjedutyje Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,263
Did anyone notice the new Featured Cigar on cigar.com today? La Herencia Cubana. Big deal, right?

cigar.com:
blah blah blah... toothy Ecuadorian Sumatra wrapper...blah blah blah
You see that? Ecuadorian Sumatra wrapper.. right here in the midst of Ecuadorian Sumatra craziness. Suppose this is all just a bloody coincidence? Let's think back to the height of our Cameroon-wrapper euphoria just a few weeks ago... next thing we know, cigar.com is featuring a "Staff Picks Cameroon Sampler"... hmmmm

Methinks they're reading a lot more of our posts than we had suspected.

Did you guys try that cigar with the Ecuadorian Sumatra wrapper, Cameroon binder, and tri-country Ligero filler? And the best part was that it was only $40/box! What was that called again? I think c.com should feature it here.

Comments

• madurofanmadurofan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,152
    dutyje:
    Did you guys try that cigar with the Ecuadorian Sumatra wrapper, Cameroon binder, and tri-country Ligero filler? And the best part was that it was only $40/box! What was that called again? I think c.com should feature it here.
    ARRRUGGHH(the best way I could figure to make the Tim Taylor sound online)
  • urbinourbino Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,517
    Heh. I didn't even follow the link to read about the Herencia ("La Herencia" is Mexican for "the Herencia"). I guess I should have.
    urbino:
    "La Herencia" is Mexican for "the Herencia"
    Wow sometimes you are so profound ...
    Just trying to be helpful. Not everybody has my extensive knowledge of Mexican.
  • dutyjedutyje Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,263
    urbino:
    Just trying to be helpful. Not everybody has my extensive knowledge of Mexican.
    Thanks.. I'm fluent in Honduran, but I was confused by the Mexican
    Oh, yeah. Those Honduran Mexicans speak a much simpler dialect.
    I tell you what completely f*cks me up is Bahamian ...
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    dutyje:
    Methinks they're reading a lot more of our posts than we had suspected.

ive thought this as well. ever since the cigar.com newsletter about blending (named "The Art of Blending Revealed ") came out on 7-16. my thread "blending 101" was posted on 6-25.

im not saying that they used anything at all from my article (even if they did im ok with that) but it sure seemed like a happy coincidence to me. I have no problem with cigar.com reading our posts and then discussing on their own newsletter, i mean, we are cigar nuts. we have our finger on the pulse of the cigar world. we will tell it as we see it. we buy cigars from them, they take note of what we like from us. win-win in my book.

i hope this is the case actually. this way we will have even more opportunity to learn from the good folks at cigar.com... about topics we are already talking about none the less.

i should work for these guys...
    I've never been able to get past being bi-lingual.. After English and Honduran, I just don't know that I'd be able to pick up yet another language like Ecuadorian or Nicaraguan. I tried to learn Great British once, but it was too complicated.
    Look at kuzi staying all on-topic... I agree kuzi. I don't think it's a bad thing at all. And it may all be coincidence anyway. But if it isn't, what a great opportunity to help them help us. Everybody wins.

It would be really, really awesome, if they'd come out with a big sampler with a bunch of singles of different cigars. Just one cigar of each brand (if you want the sampler to have 3's, just order 3 samplers). This gives the buyer the ability to decide how many sticks constitutes a proper "sample" size.. some people like one, others like two, three, four, or five.

It'd be super awesome if they had a giant sampler with a bunch of singles... one would almost think of it as the sampler to end all samplers.... I think that's a nice, original sounding name. Don't you?
  • MaduroScottMaduroScott Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 53
    kuzi16:

ive thought this as well. ever since the cigar.com newsletter about blending (named "The Art of Blending Revealed ") came out on 7-16. my thread "blending 101" was posted on 6-25.

im not saying that they used anything at all from my article (even if they did im ok with that) but it sure seemed like a happy coincidence to me. I have no problem with cigar.com reading our posts and then discussing on their own newsletter, i mean, we are cigar nuts. we have our finger on the pulse of the cigar world. we will tell it as we see it. we buy cigars from them, they take note of what we like from us. win-win in my book.

i hope this is the case actually. this way we will have even more opportunity to learn from the good folks at cigar.com... about topics we are already talking about none the less.

i should work for these guys...
    Its almost like a cigar site going to the expense of hosting a cigar forum was doing some sort of marketing research on their customers or something... This forum is free, right? Google is too? Great! Now if I could just find a Mexican to Honduran web translator.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    dutyje:
    Look at kuzi staying all on-topic... I agree kuzi. I don't think it's a bad thing at all. And it may all be coincidence anyway. But if it isn't, what a great opportunity to help them help us. Everybody wins
    im tryin to stay on topic. its a resolution of sorts. ill tangent but ill try and mention an on topic point.

maduro scott, the market research thing was EXACTLY what i was getting at. you just summed it up in two words and i took a paragraph. im ok with that too.

this place gave me the opportunity to talk about cigars all day if i wanted to (and i do if you look at teh time of my posts)
    Yea I've thought about this as well kuzi. The timing of the blending deal as well as the Cameroon stuff. Now the Ecuadorian Sumatra, iiiinnnntteresting.
  • LasabarLasabar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,457
    Allright Gentlemen... I'd like to take some time to talk about Hookers and their relationship to cigars...

Now Ladies of the night never truly found a home until Johnson Tobacco & Co. started with there Rim-Job and Figurado promotion in 1926........
    Lasabar:
    Allright Gentlemen... I'd like to take some time to talk about Hookers and their relationship to cigars...

Now Ladies of the night never truly found a home until Johnson Tobacco & Co. started with there Rim-Job and Figurado promotion in 1926........
    Close this thread ...
  • Smoke=FireSmoke=Fire Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 682
    kuzi16:
    dutyje:
    Look at kuzi staying all on-topic... I agree kuzi. I don't think it's a bad thing at all. And it may all be coincidence anyway. But if it isn't, what a great opportunity to help them help us. Everybody wins
    im tryin to stay on topic. its a resolution of sorts. ill tangent but ill try and mention an on topic point.

maduro scott, the market research thing was EXACTLY what i was getting at. you just summed it up in two words and i took a paragraph. im ok with that too.

this place gave me the opportunity to talk about cigars all day if i wanted to (and i do if you look at teh time of my posts)
    It makes sense. After all, I am sure we cross a wide demographic of cigar smokers, and so what we are talking about can be plausibly assumed to be what other cigar smokers are discussing. It is good business practice to sell what your customers want.

If a Hooker shows up as a bonus on the next one day deal that clinches it, though. :P
    Smoke=Fire:
    If a Hooker shows up as a bonus on the next one day deal that clinches it, though. :P
    If a hooker shows up a say we do a box split ;)
  • LasabarLasabar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,457
    madurofan:
    Smoke=Fire:

OMFG! I'm at a Periodontal Surgeons waiting room waiting on my girlfriend... and everyone is staring at me for laughing!
    You kids. I can't take you anywhere.
    So I take it your not in on the box split urbs?
    In on it? I'm looking for the brain bleach to get the image out of my head.
    LMAO ... so no hookers for urbs on his birthday
  • Smoke=FireSmoke=Fire Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 682
    madurofan:
    Smoke=Fire:
    Dibs on the bottom half :P
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    Eww, hooker halves?.... I honestly thought we were above this kind of rowdy talk... for shame *shakes head and walks away*. :P
  • LukoLuko Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,004
    I'm no lumberjack, but I can handle the splitting.
    and since jozer was inpired to burst into song on another thread, how about some Oscar Brand:

Well it was over and under and a one time more
    Ride on! Ride on!
    Over and Under and one time more
    The sheets were split and the mattress tore
    The springs gave way and they hit the floor
    Ride on you buggers ride on!

Well they hit the floor with a frightful crack
    Ride on! Ride on!
    Hit the floor with a frightful crack
    The shiek's proud horn was forever slack
    The poor girl split from front to back

Well here's the moral for one and all
    Ride on! Ride on!
    Here's the moral for one and all
    If you're out for blood but you're scared to fall
    Try it standing against the wall

j0z3r:
    Eww, hooker halves?.... I honestly thought we were above this kind of rowdy talk... for shame *shakes head and walks away*. :P
    I was talking about just splitting the box, but if you guys wanna split the whole hooker thats up to you! lol