Home General Discussion

New apartment, what to smoke to celebrate?

bacon.jaybacon.jay Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 718
Hi fellow BOTLs! I just recently moved out of the 'rents house into an apartment with a buddy of mine and I was wondering what I should smoke to celebrate the occasion? Something higher-end that you wouldn't normally smoke otherwise, maybe in the $20-40 range? I like anything from medium to very full, but normally go for the fuller-bodied/flavored sticks.

For anyone that would like my new address, let me know and I can PM it to you!

Comments

• laker1963laker1963 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,046
    bacon.jay:
    Hi fellow BOTLs! I just recently moved out of the 'rents house into an apartment with a buddy of mine and I was wondering what I should smoke to celebrate the occasion? Something higher-end that you wouldn't normally smoke otherwise, maybe in the $20-40 range? I like anything from medium to very full, but normally go for the fuller-bodied/flavored sticks.

If you have any... this occassion calls for a GOF without a doubt. This is one of the bigger things in life. ENJOY bro'.

I looked thru my address list and I don't have one for you, so send it along. I keep a list of BOTL addresses in case anyone wants to send a bomb and not let the "cat out of the bag" prior to it landing. Any registered BOTL here can contact me for other BOTL addresses if needed.
  • badge54fdbadge54fd Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 242
    laker1963:
    Any registered BOTL here can contact me for other BOTL addresses if needed.

Excellent idea brother. I will keep the new communal address book in mind next time I want to blow something to heck and beyond.
    badge54fd:
    laker1963:
    Any registered BOTL here can contact me for other BOTL addresses if needed.

Excellent idea brother. I will keep the new communal address book in mind next time I want to blow something to heck and beyond.
    Yeah I have been doing it for quite a while now. I have 32 BOTL's addresses right now, and would gladly accept any others. A lot of the guy's know I do this and have contacted me for addresses before. It does make it easier to do surprise bombings.
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,317
    Congrats bro... I'm looking to move into my hopefully renovated condo in a year or so.
    Hearing stuff like this will motivate me.

• bacon.jaybacon.jay Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 718
    laker1963:
    bacon.jay:

If you have any... this occassion calls for a GOF without a doubt. This is one of the bigger things in life. ENJOY bro'.

I looked thru my address list and I don't have one for you, so send it along. I keep a list of BOTL addresses in case anyone wants to send a bomb and not let the "cat out of the bag" prior to it landing. Any registered BOTL here can contact me for other BOTL addresses if needed.

I have also started this, I have a list of BOTL's addresses as well.

I originally thought of a GOF, but I currently do not have one. I know where I can get one if I can find the time to go there though. Does anyone else have any suggestions?

• betasynnbetasynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,249
    I actually just got my first apartment as well. Granted, I was living in a dorm before this, but I got to get the keys tomorrow, and if it is nice, I know I'll be enjoying both an Opus x and then a Camacho Triple Maduro.
    betasynn:
    I actually just got my first apartment as well. Granted, I was living in a dorm before this, but I got to get the keys tomorrow, and if it is nice, I know I'll be enjoying both an Opus x and then a Camacho Triple Maduro.
    ewwwwww, good choices too. Congrats beta.
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,377
    I'll second the Opus X! Enjoy the new apartment and freedom!
  • Dark RoastDark Roast Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 463
    Congrats on your freedom! What's the saying? "Go Big or Go Home" Well sounds like your home so go BIG. Description of the Camacho Pre Embargo looks tasty? Most expensive I have tried is the Liga Privada No.9. Live, Love and Learn.
  • Poker SlobPoker Slob Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 996
    Padron 1926 Anniversary might be a good celebration.
    Dark Roast:
    Congrats on your freedom! What's the saying? "Go Big or Go Home" Well sounds like your home so go BIG. Description of the Camacho Pre Embargo looks tasty? Most expensive I have tried is the Liga Privada No.9. Live, Love and Learn.

I've got a Camacho PE and I like them a lot, but I'm looking for a little more cigar than that. Also, and I believe many others here will agree with me, the PE isn't as good as its MSRP suggests it is...

Laker, I'll get you my new addy when I can get to a real computer, right now I'm posting from my BlackBerry and it's not working quite right for some reason.

• docbp87docbp87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,521
    Moving into your own place is one of the best feelings ever. I moved into my own apartment about 6 months ago, and have loved every second of it. Congratulations. Reward yourself with something special! Heck, for $40 you could grab a couple sticks from the Opus/Padron/GOF class!
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,561
    GOF for sure, Anejo or Opus X all good choices to break in the new place.
  • illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,507
    congrats on the new place man! my first place was when I was 18 and I didn't smoke cigars that often, but I wish I did.. GOF or a Camacho Triple Maduro would be a good call, enjoy it with a nice drink and congrats on the new freedom!
  • betasynnbetasynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,249
    I have the lease in my hands. Brand new apartment!
    Well, I picked up an Ashton VSG Sorcerer today, as well as a Flying Pig Maduro that my local shop owner rolled. I was hoping that he would have a Padron 1964 Anniversary left, but he was out when I got there. I'm still wondering if I should go find a GOF or Anejo, because I've really wanted one for a while.