Home General Discussion

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Bad AndyBad Andy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 848
    Jetmech_63:
    Would that be a V Maduro....???

Just finished up a RP I press, teriffic flavor but kept doing the canoe thing the whole way down. The flavor is enough to buy another one and try again though.
    Maybe the I stands for indian. THose have been resting since August. They need to release that same blend as a normal box press.
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,384
    Bad Andy:
    Jetmech_63:
    Would that be a V Maduro....???

Just finished up a RP I press, teriffic flavor but kept doing the canoe thing the whole way down. The flavor is enough to buy another one and try again though.
    Maybe the I stands for indian. THose have been resting since August. They need to release that same blend as a normal box press.

I could tell they had been resting for a while, a fresh from the factory has some freaky 90 degree angles on it. The blend is awesome though! What an awesome flavor.
  • Bad AndyBad Andy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 848
    I may have to revisit it this weekend...
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    kaspera79:
    rwheelwright:
    urbino:
    I had a La Aurora 1495 Cameroon 1994. This was the last of the ones Scram sent me, months ago, I think. As always, an excellent smoke. Makes me happy to know I've still got some, thanks to some of youse other guys.

This forum rocks.
    I got 17 of these that I have stashed away hiding! Everytime I want to smoke one, I shy away because they look and taste so good I can't imagine loosing one.
    Come on wheelie.. Thats what they were made for.. Find a quiet hour and enjoy one. I love these and will only stop when I get down to my last five. Then they go into safety storage. That's one a year on a special day.. Birthday, Holiday, pick one.. The wait has to be rewarded
    I have 2 left, I liked them. I'm having my 1st Sol Cubano Cuban Cabinet, a magnum to be exact. Nice creamy little guy with an easy draw and lots of smoke. I've realized that if I keep the smoke in my mouth for a few seconds then slowly exhale and very slowly push through my nose that much more flavor comes through. I've also eased up on how much I draw as I previously have been dragging too much and to my surprise has made a difference not only in taste but in burns as well. Some info I'm sure you all knew but thought I'd share.
  • LukoLuko Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,004
    Ahh, good night. Wifey's out of town, so my 7-year-old and I took the dogs for a walk in the snow while I enjoyed a ccom cameroon. Very tasty. Then we grilled up some filet mignon and watched the latest Indiana Jones on DVD.
  • urbinourbino Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,517
    Luko:
    Ahh, good night. Wifey's out of town, so my 7-year-old and I took the dogs for a walk in the snow while I enjoyed a ccom cameroon. Very tasty. Then we grilled up some filet mignon and watched the latest Indiana Jones on DVD.
    That is a good night.
  • gmill880gmill880 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,947

Family -food-smokes-the stuff of lore

I got some Erin go Bragh in as a bonus with an order. I had some a while back and decided for schitzengiggles i'd try em again. This cigar is best smoked on St Patty's day, it'll turn you green!! I couldnt get past the first inch and i was about to lick the cat's ass for some relief.

I sent out some bombs today and i included these in 2 of them....for the recipients of these...I am truly, truly sorry. I had no intention of pawning off my crap on you guys. Please feel free to return them to me for a refund:) Or send em to......nah i cant do that LOL
  • zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,214
    Got to spend some time yesterday and today with my best friend while he was home on leave, he's heading back to Pearl in the morning and then off on another six or seven month deployment at sea (destroyer). Broke out some CI Anniversary Epicure toros - these just arrived today but I was anxious to try one. Very nice medium bodied but plenty of flavor, mellow, leathery notes. Great draw and a perfect burn all the way. They'll probably be fabulous with a bit of time on them. A very well balanced smoke.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    Jetmech_63:
    I got some Erin go Bragh in as a bonus with an order. I had some a while back and decided for schitzengiggles i'd try em again. This cigar is best smoked on St Patty's day, it'll turn you green!! I couldnt get past the first inch and i was about to lick the cat's ass for some relief.

I sent out some bombs today and i included these in 2 of them....for the recipients of these...I am truly, truly sorry. I had no intention of pawning off my crap on you guys. Please feel free to return them to me for a refund:) Or send em to......nah i cant do that LOL
    lol, okay guys, be sure to get the eggs ready! =) well maybe someone will like them....
    I had another La Cuna Bin No. 85 habano (toro) tonight. This makes my second, and both of them have been terrific. Great construction, lots of smoke, and lots of flavor. I'm having a hard time identifying one of the flavors in it, but there's definitely some leathery and woody flavors, with a bit of pepper.
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,294
    You guys jinxed me. I had my first real experience with tar tonight. I was finishing the Fuente 8-5-8 when I started to get this taste. When I looked at it I could see tar all over the place. :-( At least it was at the end.
  • CochrancmCochrancm Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4
    I smoked a Padron 1926 for lunch today(Very good)and am going to smoke a RP Decade tonight for my evening Birthday Stogie. Keep smokin
  • bbc020bbc020 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,422
    Cochrancm:
    I smoked a Padron 1926 for lunch today(Very good)and am going to smoke a RP Decade tonight for my evening Birthday Stogie. Keep smokin

Happy Birthday! Sound like it's has been and gonna be a good one!
    I just got my new humi all seasoned up and moved my cigars into their new home. To celebrate i got smoked a RP Liga "c" Maduro(Olde World). Man that thing hit the spot! Only diffrence i could pick out is that the roller slightly messed up on the cap...not like it wasnt going to get cut off anyway. Still had that rich, cedary, smooth, decadent smoke i love from that line. I'll have to buy some, Thanks Brian!
  • LukoLuko Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,004
    Another awesome night...took my daughter and my dogs and we went to a local school so she could ride her sled. I smoked a CAO vr. Wow, that was a flavorful smoke...we had a little rain that made it hard to smoke towards the end, but I'd say I'll be going back for more of those guys. Then we went to our favorite dining establishment and had a nice dinner while watching (unfortunately) Baltimore win. I had a couple of Bass ales and finished the night off with Jameson on the rocks.
  • zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,214
    It was a good day.... Padilla Hybrid Robusto followed up with a Gran Habano #1 Connecticut Robusto.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    I started the day off with a Camacho 1962 churchill, it was good, not great, but solidly good...the wind wreaked havoc on the burn, that was an interesting fix to figure out. Had what I think is a La Cuna bin 85 habano toro after lunch...I say I think that's what it was because it was sent as a mystery stick in my pif from Stoogee. All in all, it was pretty darn good, the draw was a bit tight, but nothing terrible and the flavor, oh the flavor, this cigar has one of the most unique flavor profiles I've had from a cigar, a little sweet, a bit of spice, some leather, cedar and I don't even know what else.

edit: Well apparently it was a La Herencia Cubana, not a La Cuna. I was right about who makes the cigar, wrong about the actual cigar. Bummer.
    j0z3r:
    I started the day off with a Camacho 1962 churchill, it was good, not great, but solidly good...the wind wreaked havoc on the burn, that was an interesting fix to figure out. Had what I think is a La Cuna bin 85 habano toro after lunch...I say I think that's what it was because it was sent as a mystery stick in my pif from Stoogee. All in all, it was pretty darn good, the draw was a bit tight, but nothing terrible and the flavor, oh the flavor, this cigar has one of the most unique flavor profiles I've had from a cigar, a little sweet, a bit of spice, some leather, cedar and I don't even know what else.
    Cedar! Yes. Thank you. That's a much better description of what I was getting at when I said it was woody and peppery. Cedar. I'm gonna be keeping these on hand.

That Camacho '62 varies from one size to another more than any cigar I can remember smoking. The perfecto is one of my favorite cigars, but the churchill and the robusto haven't done much for me.

BTW, have you -- or anybody around here, but you and I seem to be the only ones here right now -- ever tried those Perdomo fresh-rolled cigars?
    I've thought to try the Fresh Rolled by Perdomo, but no I haven't.
  • gmill880gmill880 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,947
    have not Urbino
  • madurofanmadurofan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,152
    I had an RP 1990 this morning while doing a little yard work and had a Tatuaje Cojonu 2006 Belicoso at the B&M while watching the Ravens and Titans. I love the Cojonu's but I still think the 2003 is a better smoke.
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,294
    kaspera79:
    rwheelwright:
    urbino:
    I had a La Aurora 1495 Cameroon 1994. This was the last of the ones Scram sent me, months ago, I think. As always, an excellent smoke. Makes me happy to know I've still got some, thanks to some of youse other guys.

This forum rocks.
    I got 17 of these that I have stashed away hiding! Everytime I want to smoke one, I shy away because they look and taste so good I can't imagine loosing one.
    Come on wheelie.. Thats what they were made for.. Find a quiet hour and enjoy one. I love these and will only stop when I get down to my last five. Then they go into safety storage. That's one a year on a special day.. Birthday, Holiday, pick one.. The wait has to be rewarded
    OK, I broke down and smoked one tonight. I gave into peer pressure! I really like that little guy. Sooo tasty
    Indeed.

I just finished off an Avo Domaine #30. This one wasn't as good as they usually are, but still good. It may have just been the cold, cuz it was cooold out.
    Tonight was oddly warm, must be the Santa Ana winds blowing through, so I went out for one more. I decided, after a cursory glance at the lower section of my humidor, on an Oliva Serie V torpedo. I think I might love this cigar, not sure as I've only had two, but both have been outstanding in both flavor and reliability, not to mention that nice, smooth kick they've got going.

I'll have to give the 1962 perfecto a shot urby...I've been somewhat underwhelmed with the torpedo and now with the churchill and I'm thinking that perhaps the smaller size format would be perfect.
    Finished up the night with a Padilla Obsidian i got in a sampler. Seems this cigar has had consistent reviews of having a hard draw, mine was no exception. It was a torpedo and i cut it a little higher on the taper, no luck. Bur was ok, it stayed lit but had to make a few corrective torchings. It was a powerful sucker but the flavor...eh, i expected more from a maduro. No sweetness, had a good amount of woody/cedary flavor going, but all in all that was it. Going to try and shift them to my 65% humi and let em set for a few months.

To make matters worse, my favorite lighter has a catastrophic leak from the refill valve stem. Damn! I did not want to have to buy a new one of those!
    I had a Perdomo ESV '91 second. These things are just great, every damn time. Mad props to j0z3r for putting me onto these.
    I love those Perdomos urby, my personal favorite Connecticut wrapped cigar. And the price is just great too, it's not as though they are second quality in any category besides aesthetics.

Today was a good cigar day for me, but I think I may have overworked my poor taste buds...they're practically numb. Started off with a 5 Vegas Gold toro, I really like this as an early day smoke. Had a La Herencia Cubana lonsdale a bit later, the smaller gauge is a lot more serious than the toro, shows more of the leathery, earthy qualities of the wrapper but gives up the sweetness. In the evening it was a Tauaje Miami robusto, quite strong and flavorful, but the burn is horrid, requires many corrections. I just finished up with a Man'o'war robusto, the burn was not great, but steady and the flavor was good though it seemed to me as if the finish was much shorter than it should have been, could be my overworked taste buds though...certainly a cigar that needs another try, and since I have two more, why not two tries?
    Atsalotta cigars in one day, paisano.
  • bbc020bbc020 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,422
    ah yeah...the four cigar day. Overworked taste buds has been my experience in those circumstances. Haven't had a Man O War to tell you if it could've been the culprit, but I know 4 cigars in day is a lot for me. Don't get me wrong, I'd do it again... anyday I could.