Home General Discussion

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• taythegibstaythegibs Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,024
    BigT06:
    Johnny-O torpedo. Awesome cigar.

Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App
    that is a beautiful ash right there, with all the talk about johnny-O im going to have to look into them farther....
  • BigT06BigT06 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,899
    PM to ya, gibs.
  • taythegibstaythegibs Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,024
  • amz1301amz1301 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,287
    Anejo Reserva No. 49 courtesy my buddy JJ. Stopped by the liquor store picked up a couple bottles. Figured with all this talk on beer I'd try something new. Probably something else you guys will get me hooked on buying, lol.

• musicman3musicman3 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 622
    Chimay is good stuff!
    musicman3:
    Chimay is good stuff!
    I'm liking it. Goes very well with the Anejo. Picked up two bottles of the blue and two of the red to try. Gonna break open a red next.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    amz1301:
    musicman3:
    Chimay is good stuff!
    I'm liking it. Goes very well with the Anejo. Picked up two bottles of the blue and two of the red to try. Gonna break open a red next.
    How would you describe the Chimay blue Andrew? Always interested in another good brew.
    j0z3r:
    amz1301:
    musicman3:
    Chimay is good stuff!
    How would you describe the Chimay blue Andrew? Always interested in another good brew.
    I'm no expert but I'll give it a go. Color - deep brown reddish color, Smell - yeast, malt, Feel - fizzy carbonation, Taste - yeast, dark fruits, cherry, raisin, Alchohol - yea its got me feeling pretty good, lol

Overall not what I was expecting. Hate to say this but I was expecting not to like it. Last couple times I've veered off the normal beer path, Guinness etc... I haven't liked them.
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,993
    BigT06:
    the ash on that looks unreal man... A buddy had one tonight and said it was a pepper blast, it was a short pyramid. What's the profile here?
  • BigT06BigT06 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,899
    catfishbluezz:
    BigT06:
    the ash on that looks unreal man... A buddy had one tonight and said it was a pepper blast, it was a short pyramid. What's the profile here?
    I haven't gotten a pepper blast off any of the short pyramids that I smoked, but that's interesting. The canonazos were the strongest and most peppery to me...

the torpedo is very dark, damp earth core. Very Bolivar-esque. Very good, very smooth smoke.
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,993
    BigT06:
    catfishbluezz:
    BigT06:
    I haven't gotten a pepper blast off any of the short pyramids that I smoked, but that's interesting. The canonazos were the strongest and most peppery to me...

the torpedo is very dark, damp earth core. Very Bolivar-esque. Very good, very smooth smoke.
    I'm thinking it was in the rest period which led to it. either way, I'll find out on Monday ;)
  • bigfnstevebigfnsteve Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,290
    In honor of an awesome day during a rough time... mow armada ftw. Love`em
  • rzamanrzaman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,604
    Cohiba Lancero
  • rzamanrzaman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,604
    This is a classic Belgian ale. It has a nice flowery touch under notes. straight medium bodied, medium carbonation, dark fruit with heavy prune, cherry, black raisins aroma. While drinking it develops to molasses falvor. It has a very smooth and creamy texture. You can feel the sweet, bitter taste concentrated on top of the tongue. I had one last month in DC. I can still remember the taste. Good pick Amz1301.
    amz1301:
    j0z3r:
    amz1301:
    musicman3:
    Chimay is good stuff!
    I'm no expert but I'll give it a go. Color - deep brown reddish color, Smell - yeast, malt, Feel - fizzy carbonation, Taste - yeast, dark fruits, cherry, raisin, Alchohol - yea its got me feeling pretty good, lol

Overall not what I was expecting. Hate to say this but I was expecting not to like it. Last couple times I've veered off the normal beer path, Guinness etc... I haven't liked them.
  • musicman3musicman3 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 622
    amz1301:
    musicman3:
    Chimay is good stuff!
    I like the Chimay White and Red. The blue i really have to be in the mood for. But overall great beers.
  • Steve2010Steve2010 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,036
  • Gaetano7890Gaetano7890 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 771
    stowggie:
    catfishbluezz:
    Smoke that pig man!!! Make sure you have 2 hours though
    Defiantly allow a least 2 hours! Set fire to that thing you'll love it.
    I was looking forward to the feral all day and then at 11pm I got called into work and wasn't sure if I had two hours spend smoking one. I'll have to save it for another time. I enjoyed a Cohiba Puro instead def my favorite Cohiba.
  • Russ55Russ55 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,762
    Just finished up a Hemingway Signature that I picked up last April. Great stick.
  • The KidThe Kid Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,842
    Gurkha Grand Age
  • DirewolfDirewolf Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,493
    First Padilla Habano. Mighty tasty
    Working on a San Lotano Connecticut lancero courtesy of my buddy Todd. Not an earth-shattering Connecticut blend by any means, but still quite pleasant. Even though the wrappers are different, it reminds me a lot of the Padilla Habano when AJ made it.
  • martymcg43martymcg43 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 396
    A. Fernandez Signature Series...
  • Rail JockeyRail Jockey Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 758
    Steve2010:
    Whats the scoop on these? Im thinking about getting a few of them.
    j0z3r:
    So whatcha think Joe ? Had a bottle of the red afterwards, thought it was pretty good also.
  • y2pascoey2pascoe Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,707
    My first Fausto. Just lit this bad boy up and I'm already floored. Pete Johnson sure knows how to make a bad ass stick.

amz1301:
    So whatcha think Joe ? Had a bottle of the red afterwards, thought it was pretty good also.
    So far I'm enjoying it, the flavor and body is just what I like in a beer. I don't really care for bitter beers, and this has enough hops to add complexity to the flavor without adding that overwhelming bitterness. I picked up some Red and White as well, so I'll be giving them a go during the week.
  • jj20030jj20030 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,448
    j0z3r:
    amz1301:
    So far I'm enjoying it, the flavor and body is just what I like in a beer. I don't really care for bitter beers, and this has enough hops to add complexity to the flavor without adding that overwhelming bitterness. I picked up some Red and White as well, so I'll be giving them a go during the week.
    Cool, let me know what you think of them. They had the white also but I didn't get it for some reason. This morning I was wishing I would've stuck to one bottle though...hangover, lol.
    amz1301:
    j0z3r:
    amz1301:
    Cool, let me know what you think of them. They had the white also but I didn't get it for some reason. This morning I was wishing I would've stuck to one bottle though...hangover, lol.
    Bummer. I usually limit myself to one bottle for just that reason...well that and I'm a bit of a lightweight as I don't drink very often.