Home General Discussion

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• amz1301amz1301 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,287
    Undercrown courtesy OchoZacho.
  • JDHJDH Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,107
    El Hijo courtesy of Rick, (RCY). I don't know which I enjoyed more; the cigar or the fact that he sent it to me. Great smoke, thanks Rick.
  • Duke2Duke2 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 393
    Keeping it simple tonight with a pour of Four Roses Single Barrel and a Tatuaje Fausto.
  • KneppersKneppers Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2
    It's an AJ overstock. I'm thinking it's a Ruination but it could be a Diesel Unlimited. Either way I am enjoying it with a glass of homebrewed rye IPA. Life is sweet.
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,993
    Popping my Tat cherry...TASTY!!! Any tat experts, I'd love to know your recommendations image
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    catfishbluezz:
    Popping my Tat cherry...TASTY!!! Any tat experts, I'd love to know your recommendations
    That's a good start. I wouldn't call myself an expert, but I have had a good deal of the Tatuaje offerings and consider myself a veritable DPG whore. For something on the milder side, I love the Cabaiguan, my preferred vitola is the corona extra. The brown label is nice too for a stronger cigar, I don't know that you can go wrong with any of the sizes, but I'm partial to the Regios. The Black label petit lancero is fantastic, it is a pepper bomb so be prepared for that, but the flavor is excellent and the size really shows off the blend.
    j0z3r:
    catfishbluezz:
    Popping my Tat cherry...TASTY!!! Any tat experts, I'd love to know your recommendations
    That's a good start. I wouldn't call myself an expert, but I have had a good deal of the Tatuaje offerings and consider myself a veritable DPG whore. For something on the milder side, I love the Cabaiguan, my preferred vitola is the corona extra. The brown label is nice too for a stronger cigar, I don't know that you can go wrong with any of the sizes, but I'm partial to the Regios. The Black label petit lancero is fantastic, it is a pepper bomb so be prepared for that, but the flavor is excellent and the size really shows off the blend.
    Between aj and dpg...I'm a happy camper. I have not had many dpg, but am in the process of a significant order to cure that. However, this was my first tat...and I'm in love!!! I would buy a box, but I think I'll order a few vitolas first. This blend rules...can't wait for more.
  • ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,539
    Well I started the evening with a MOWPA Maduro ROTT, wow everything that makes the natural awesome plus the meaty, smokey and slight sweetness on the finish from the PA Broadleaf wrapper.
    I followed up with a MOW Special Edition Maduro...Fantastic.
    I finished the evening with the new Sol Cubano Special Dark, PdR did a great job, the stick was very enjoyable, I am interested in trying it on a clean palate.
  • JDHJDH Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,107
    Duke2:
    Keeping it simple tonight with a pour of Four Roses Single Barrel and a Tatuaje Fausto.
    That's fine bourbon, as far as I'm concerned, you can't beat it for the price, and paired with that Tat! Very nice pairing.
  • OchoZachoOchoZacho Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,471
    catfishbluezz:
    j0z3r:
    catfishbluezz:
    Between aj and dpg...I'm a happy camper. I have not had many dpg, but am in the process of a significant order to cure that. However, this was my first tat...and I'm in love!!! I would buy a box, but I think I'll order a few vitolas first. This blend rules...can't wait for more.
    My favorite vitola in that blend is the Hermosos (corona gorda) although the Nobles is a close 2nd. I am not an expert on Tat's but the 7th Reserva in the Miami line is in my all time favorite smoke. PM me your addy (I lost it) and I'll send one your way. I owe you a cheap shot anyways!
  • RampMonkeyRampMonkey Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,808
    Go ahead and laugh it up gents, but had my 1st AF 8-5-8 /Conrona last night. Now I can see why folks enjoy that stick/line so much.
  • Russ55Russ55 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,762
    La Aroma de Cuba Marquis, original blend. Paired with Zacappa 23. Thanks again to Todd for this wonderful cigar.
  • jj20030jj20030 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,448
    tonight will be a rp decade torpedo
    double post headknock,lol
  • DirewolfDirewolf Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,493
    La Aroma. I have no luck with these..
  • amz1301amz1301 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,287
    Four Kicks courtesy OchoZacho. Thanks again brother.
  • ToombesToombes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,451
    diesel Unlimited. Ummm... DAY-UM!!
  • jimmyv723jimmyv723 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,497
    j0z3r:
    catfishbluezz:
    Had my first Tat Black Petit Lancero Friday and it was awesome. Glad you liked that Havana VI and hope you enjoyed the Le Bijou as well. Save that second one for a while and see how it is with some age on it. Glad I could get those to you.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    Today was a Rock Patel Vintage 1990 from July '09. I don't know, something happened to this cigar that made it pretty bad. It was stale, harsh, and bad burn. No comparison to the many I have enjoyed in the past. This was in no way a fair example for this usually great cigar.
    kaspera79:
    Today was a Rock Patel Vintage 1990 from July '09. I don't know, something happened to this cigar that made it pretty bad. It was stale, harsh, and bad burn. No comparison to the many I have enjoyed in the past. This was in no way a fair example for this usually great cigar.
    some times it happens i suppose, i see rp getting a bad rap a lot, im just finishing up a decade torpedo and was great, had 1 awhile back that kinda sucked but this one put in my humi in august was awesome, will nub it for sure with about 2 inches left, best luck ive had with the 90,92, decades are the ones in the tubes
  • Katt68Katt68 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 124
    Tat in the "MOM CAVE" image
  • big chunksbig chunks Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,607
    Just lit up a partagas cifuentes enero, this cigar looks amazing hopefully it's as good as it looks
    jimmyv723:
    j0z3r:
    catfishbluezz:
    Had my first Tat Black Petit Lancero Friday and it was awesome. Glad you liked that Havana VI and hope you enjoyed the Le Bijou as well. Save that second one for a while and see how it is with some age on it. Glad I could get those to you.
    The Bijou took some smoked gouda to pair, otherwise it was a bit fiesty for my tastes, but I love DPG. The Havana was amazing....ordering some ASAP. The favor will not go unoticed bro
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,909
    Direwolf:
    La Aroma. I have no luck with these..
    I've never been able to get these or the Edicion Especiales to burn well AT ALL. I want to try the new Mi Amor but if that doesn't go well my La Aroma days are over.

No cigar for me, waiting for my next opportunity...
  • Russ55Russ55 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,762
    Davidoff Supremo Ltd White Edition 2011.
  • illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,507
    Enjoying a 5 Vegas AAA tonight, watching the sunset and having a glass of rum.. Not a bad way to end the day
    going to smoke LP a -L40 that spindrift sent me tonight
    My first fuente... image
    My first double post!
  • DirewolfDirewolf Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,493
    Not a damn thing.. don't feel like it lol