Home General Discussion

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• jj20030jj20030 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,448
    last up a macanudo hampton court corona, yummy and boo koos of smoke with a russian river pliny the elder
  • MonteWhiteMonteWhite Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 200
    Padilla Habano
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,294
    RBeckom:
    Gurkha Legend Silver Edition.
    what is the silver edition?
  • wwesternwwestern Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,386
    Padron 1964 Principe at a 4 1/2 x 44 this little bad boy lasted about 75 mins I was pretty impressed.
  • xIcedGuardianxxIcedGuardianx Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 873
    Had to try an Est. 1844 ROTT. Overall I'm pleased. You can tell it needs some rest ( i.e it had a bit of harshness in the smoke) but has some nice flavors and I have a feeling that with a few months of rest, these are going to be great.
  • The KidThe Kid Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,842
    Cusano LXI, great flavor but the ash is frikn annoying and the burn aint that great either..really distracts from my enjoyment
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    The Kid:
    Cusano LXI, great flavor but the ash is frikn annoying and the burn aint that great either..really distracts from my enjoyment
    what was the problem with the ash?
  • Russ55Russ55 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,762
    Had a MoW Robusto that was just shy of 3 years last night. Paired it with some Aberlour 16. Very nice.
  • y2pascoey2pascoe Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,707
    Trying out this Taboo Twist (barber pole wrapper) I got from DSWarmack and the DCCC a little while back. Jury's still out, it's having some burn and draw issues and doesn't want to stay lit, but the flavor is a nice leathery spice so far. We shall continue.
  • y2pascoey2pascoe Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,707
    xIcedGuardianx:
    Had to try an Est. 1844 ROTT. Overall I'm pleased. You can tell it needs some rest ( i.e it had a bit of harshness in the smoke) but has some nice flavors and I have a feeling that with a few months of rest, these are going to be great.
    Which size? I'm splitting a box of the No. 50 with blurr.
    mystery stick,lol, been seeing this one in the humi for awhile , had lost the band and guess i forgot about it, i think its a ambos mundos sumatra but its pretty good,lol image
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,909
    San Lotano Habano, obviously. So frickin' good.
    next up a oliva V Ligero Especial torpedo
    jj20030:
    mystery stick,lol, been seeing this one in the humi for awhile , had lost the band and guess i forgot about it, i think its a ambos mundos sumatra but its pretty good,lol image
    Sure thats not a donkey droppin?
    nope, i got my eyes of those,lol
  • dbeckomdbeckom Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,807
    JDN Antaño Dark Corojo
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    So far, Tatuaje Black label petit lancero, loving these little firecrackers. Followed up with a Padilla '68 robusto, never a disappointment. Will probably finish up with a MoW Puro.
  • RBeckomRBeckom Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,099
    Romeo Y Julieta 1875 Bully and Artisan Habano Robusto. Both solid smokes with remarkable consistency.
    jj20030:
    last couple of these ive smoke have got down past 1/2 mark then have a hard spot that you have to get thru, but once you do it continues better, anyone else noticed this with the v torps. ?
    hell, i give up on the v, just down right plugged, save the night with a ave maria corona
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    jj20030:
    jj20030:
    last couple of these ive smoke have got down past 1/2 mark then have a hard spot that you have to get thru, but once you do it continues better, anyone else noticed this with the v torps. ?
    I've not had one with a good draw, each one has been a battle. For me, the dbl robusto, churchill and lancero are money.
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,909
    jj20030:
    jj20030:
    I've noticed this more than once and age doesn't cure it. Now I go for the double robustos instead. Never got a plug in one of those yet.
    j0z3r:
    jj20030:
    jj20030:
    I've not had one with a good draw, each one has been a battle. For me, the dbl robusto, churchill and lancero are money.
    , thanks maybe try a lancero in the future, no problems with the maduros though, and that v had several months restin too
  • SpazzSpazz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 22
    Started of with a la aurora 1495 which was somehow flakey( is that a word) at the head but ended the night with a 5 vegas triple A. The triple a was way more than i expected and i cant wait to have a regular A or another triple. Not to say the la aurora wasn't a great gar(with amazing taste) but it seemed almost crisp and the vegas out of the sAme humi was spot on with botoh flavor and and over an hour burn time.
  • bandyt09bandyt09 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,762
    The last 1/3 of a Johnny-O Culebra. Probably match it with some Zacapa.
  • J.S.J.S. Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 751
    It's too hot for anything full bodied. I am toning it down tonight with a Romeo y Julieta 1875. Not for another hour or so though.
    San Lotano maduro, Thanks t-evan this is starting very nice
    earlier had a CAO crillo from Alienmisprint, which was excellent
  • docbp87docbp87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,521
    Opus Fuente Fuente. Really young. Gonna lay the rest down for a loooong nap.
  • bandyt09bandyt09 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,762
    Finishing the night with a MOW Puro........
  • gaberoxgaberox Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 824
    Oliva v churchill, my old go to. 1st one Ive had in over a year.

This one reminds me why Ive always been a churchill guy. Not so much anymore but when I used to have lots of free time. The sweet spot lasts longer, its easier to notice flavor changes, they tend to smoke cooler. Churchills are the best.