Home General Discussion

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• PuroFreakPuroFreak Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,132
    Well I was planning on having 4 or 5 good smokes on my days off, but got a slight stomach bug and didn't feel up to smoking that much, but on my first day I did get to try one of my Oliva Serie G robusto and was VERY impressed! Took about an hour and a half to smoke and had great flavors! I would say its a medium bodied but very flavorful. Also had a R&J Reserve Maduro and it was a good smoke too. Enjoyed the Oliva more, but the R&J was a good smoke. Would also say this was a medium body but produced a lot of smoke. Hopefully I'll make up for lost time next thursday at the Fuente event!
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    urbino:
    I think you'll enjoy it, Phoebe. It seems to win over just about everybody who tries it. Which size did you get?
    robusto.. seems to be the size I am usually getting..
  • urbinourbino Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,517
    I haven't had the robusto. Let us know what you think.

I just finished the 2nd Bauza robusto that kas sent me a while back. For the first time, I had something besides water with my cigar: some Starbucks House Blend. I dunno if you drink coffee, kas, but it's a good combo. The sweetness of the Bauza works well with the spiciness in the coffee.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    urbino:
    I haven't had the robusto. Let us know what you think.

I just finished the 2nd Bauza robusto that kas sent me a while back. For the first time, I had something besides water with my cigar: some Starbucks House Blend. I dunno if you drink coffee, kas, but it's a good combo. The sweetness of the Bauza works well with the spiciness in the coffee.
    Yes, I have had coffee with a cigar on a few occasions, but never with the Bauza. I shall give it a try, I am sure it will please.
  • vankleekkwvankleekkw Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 404
    Smoking a La Riqueza tonight. This cigar delivers every time.
  • ScramblerScrambler Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 746
    vankleekkw:
    Smoking a La Riqueza tonight. This cigar delivers every time.
    I need to try one of those.

I smoked an Oliva G Double Robusto this afternoon watching football. It was fantastic, first one I've had of that vitola. Hopefully I can get another stick in this evening.
  • StoogeeStoogee Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 157
    this morning I had an alec bradley tempus and I was a little disappointed with this cigar it was not bad but I think there is a lot better for the money. so after that I went to the broncos game and on the way home I smoked a Perdomo Habano Corojo and this cigar was very good a lot of spice full bodied and a great even burn.I plan on buying more of these in the future.
    I spent the evening watching my Dodgers while smoking a ginormous Montecristo Media Noche. Darn fine cigar. Cool and sweet, with some nice complexity. I haven't ever had the regular Monte, but the MN and the White I've had recently were both terrific.
  • ScramblerScrambler Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 746
    I just got home from a long night at the bar (working, not drinking, unfortunately) and settled down on the porch with a Don Carlos, courtesy of j0z3r. I hope I like it, 'cause I scored a box at auction earlier today.
    Scrambler:
    I just got home from a long night at the bar (working, not drinking, unfortunately) and settled down on the porch with a Don Carlos, courtesy of j0z3r. I hope I like it, 'cause I scored a box at auction earlier today.
    Ooooooo, color me jealous.
  • brettmanbrettman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 34
    Tonight I caught up on some reading with a Tatuaje Series P. I was looking forward to it but it just ended up being a disapointment. I couldn't keep the wrapper burning even to save my life, and before it was even half-way done, the wrapper didn't even want to burn period. So I snuffed it out early and went inside where it was warm.
    Sorry to hear it, b. Burn issues suck.
    urbino:
    Sorry to hear it, b. Burn issues suck.
    Amen. It's especially tortuous when the actual smoke is good, which in this case it was. It kind of throws the whole experience off.
  • dep691dep691 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 311

Sunday night I had a Lito Gomez Chisel. Has anyone else tried one of these? I think I may have found a new favorite. Lots of spice, construction was perfect, now the burn on it was off and had to keep doctoring it, but the flavor and strength of this cigar makes me want to try some more to see if it is consistent.

• dutyjedutyje Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,263
    I had my second La Herencia Cubana over the weekend while tailgating the soccer game. This one was amazing. A rich flavor, and quite a bit of spice for a medium-bodied cigar. These are a great smoke for their price point, and I think will be an everyday for me.
  • rdnstnrdnstn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 991
    dep691:

Sunday night I had a Lito Gomez Chisel. Has anyone else tried one of these? I think I may have found a new favorite. Lots of spice, construction was perfect, now the burn on it was off and had to keep doctoring it, but the flavor and strength of this cigar makes me want to try some more to see if it is consistent.

Hmmmm

I think I know what I will try now when I meet Litto Thursday night. Only 3 more days and that is the day that I finish finals for this term too. I can't wait.
    Sounds like a well timed celebration, Ron.
    dutyje:
    I had my second La Herencia Cubana over the weekend while tailgating the soccer game. This one was amazing. A rich flavor, and quite a bit of spice for a medium-bodied cigar. These are a great smoke for their price point, and I think will be an everyday for me.
    I still haven't tried the one I got in the COTM. May have to break that bad boy out soon. I've been on a winning streak lately.
  • dutyjedutyje Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,263
    urbino:
    dutyje:
    I still haven't tried the one I got in the COTM. May have to break that bad boy out soon. I've been on a winning streak lately.
    They shipped that to y'all for COTM? Dang... Bombardier, hold yer fire!
    Yeah, if you had that in mind, you might want to abort. Thanks for the thought, though.
    Smoking a Man O War Torpedo. This one was all hyped up, but IMHO I don't think that it delivered. I'm glad that I got it from someone instead of buying them.
    I recently got a fiver of those as a free add-on to a ccom order. Here's hoping you just got a bum stogie, even if they were free.
  • sdipsdip Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 406
    Love these cigars. Bought a box of robustos and got some churchills w a free sampler. Cbid has some great deals on them too.
    vankleekkw:
    Smoking a Man O War Torpedo. This one was all hyped up, but IMHO I don't think that it delivered. I'm glad that I got it from someone instead of buying them.
    I have tried these in various sizes.. Torpedo, double corona, and corona, and found that in this one smaller was better. I was disappointed with the torp. double corona was okay, but very happy with the corona. I don't think I would invest in a box of these but may try them again someday. Personal taste here, as many enjoy the Man O War..
    It has a great smell, ok flavor, but major burn issues. I just think that there are much more out there at this price range that are better. Maybe they were rushed to the market.
    vankleekkw:
    It has a great smell, ok flavor, but major burn issues. I just think that there are much more out there at this price range that are better. Maybe they were rushed to the market.
    No, the one I had ,( and I feel bad about ripping on any cigar that others like so much) tastedso bad, it was one of the worst I have ever had. There is no way that stick fairly represented the Man o War line. That is why I had to try again. I think they are okay now, but not in my top tweny..
  • LukoLuko Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,004
    Ccom cameroon...I'm going through the sampler and each is just better than the last. I'm amazed...I would say these are among the best lighting, best burning cigars I've had. None has had any issues. I've nubbed em all and they taste great. I'm getting a couple of boxes for everyday gars.
    Hemingway Classic. Ya feel me?
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,132
    urbino:

VERY NICE!!! I'll probaby be having a Hemingway or a Don Carlos Thursday and I can't wait!! I tried my first Hemingway because of your posts about them and you got me hooked Urb! THANKS A FREAKIN LOT!!! haha
    urbino:
    I just picked up a Signature the other day and I'm letting it sit (impatiently) in my humidor for a while. I can't wait to try it out, as this will be my first Hemingway and I've heard alot of good things about them.