Home General Discussion

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• rzamanrzaman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,604
    Smoking a Opus X - the lost city. Not very impressed. I have a box of 10 with 72% Bodeva humi pack over two months. I am just annoyed with the harshness. My personal opinion is not worth of the price. Now I am going to smoke a Ashton ESG 23 salut. I know I will enjoy this. It's hard to be disappointed with Ashton VSG, ESG or Cabinet.
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,132
    bandyt09:
    PuroFreak:
    bandyt09:
    nikostewart:
    bandyt09:
    nikostewart:
    DPG Cuban Classic
    Niko, did this have any age on it? I think these are really good at the 1 year mark.
    Just a few weeks rest in my humi....I was really enjoying the first third (nice pepper and sweet finish) then the second third has a little bitter...the last third brought back some of that sweetness that I enjoyed but overall it was still a nice cigar.
    If you make it down next week, remind me to give you an aged one, or you can pick it out of my humi yourself, so you can see the aging potential these have. I think most of the ones that I have are at a minimum of 18 months.
    That is hands down my number one go to cigar. It has great flavor and is one of the most reliable cigars on the market. It's one I try to always keep stocked in the humidor!
    I don't TRY to keep these stocked in the humi, I DO KEEP THEM STOCKED and aged, LOL..........
    Smart man! LoL Great smokes without a doubt!
  • beatnicbeatnic Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,133
  • denniskingdennisking Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,681
    rzaman:
    Smoking a Opus X - the lost city. Not very impressed. I have a box of 10 with 72% Bodeva humi pack over two months. I am just annoyed with the harshness. My personal opinion is not worth of the price. Now I am going to smoke a Ashton ESG 23 salut. I know I will enjoy this. It's hard to be disappointed with Ashton VSG, ESG or Cabinet.
    I usually age mine at least 9 months. If you want, I will age them for you Stick out tongue [:P]
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,317
    beatnic:
    Cain Datona
    Ditto... Half the strength and just as bland as the other CAIN lines.

Thanks Dude. How do you wait so long? BTW, drop the Ashton ESG plan and smoking a Cuban Cuaba soloman. Ahhh taste of heaven...
    Got a sample with my monthly membership. Cain Datona is definitely medium to full bodied. The amazing part is the smoothness. I smoke it yesterday and considering ordering it couple more. I need 2-3 more smokes. This definitely a good smoke. Try Oliva Master Blend III. If you like Cain Datona, you will also like this blend. I have a box and smoke at least once a week.
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    I smoked a AF Don Carlito 2006 God of Fire for my bday last night. Great stick
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    rzaman:
    Got a sample with my monthly membership. Cain Datona is definitely medium to full bodied. The amazing part is the smoothness. I smoke it yesterday and considering ordering it couple more. I need 2-3 more smokes. This definitely a good smoke. Try Oliva Master Blend III. If you like Cain Datona, you will also like this blend. I have a box and smoke at least once a week.
    I love the Oliva MB IIIs
  • docbp87docbp87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,521
    dennisking:
    rzaman:
    I usually age mine at least 9 months. If you want, I will age them for you Stick out tongue [:P]
    Shouldn't need to age the Lost City sticks. They are from a crop grown in 2004... They are good to go now IMO.
  • illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,507
    It's been awhile since I've been able to relax and smoke a fine cigar, but the other day was perfect weather so I sat outside and enjoyed a Don Pepin Garcia Series JJ Belicoso with 18 months or so on it. It was smooth, oh so smooth, and had a nice snap to it that my pallete thoroughly enjoyed. I'm hoping for some more beautiful weather so I can enjoy another tonight!
  • illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,507
    that sounds like a great way to celebrate! Happy belated bud!
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,961
    Had a Tatuaje Reserva J21 along with a double Johnny Walker Black and Coke at the B&M earlier, that's the life.
  • smokeater187smokeater187 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 232
  • Bobbo2009Bobbo2009 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 843
    Having a nub habano while sitting on the deck listening to the cubs pre game. Not that impressed. Guess I'll break out the Gurkha Ninja after dinner.
    alienmisprint:
    Had a Tatuaje Reserva J21 along with a double Johnny Walker Black and Coke at the B&M earlier, that's the life.
    Nice! Sounds much better than working! LoL
  • HaysHays Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,262
    PuroFreak:
    alienmisprint:
    +1, which is exactly what I'm doing on a day with blue skies and 70* temps :S
    Hays:
    PuroFreak:
    alienmisprint:
    Most definitely was. I'm probably going to follow it up with a La Aurora 107 later this evening.
  • RCY CigarsRCY Cigars Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,346
    Felt it was time, got some good news today. Had a Camacho PE. I will get a box of these, I dont know when. But I will.....
    alienmisprint:
    Hays:
    PuroFreak:
    alienmisprint:
    Most definitely was. I'm probably going to follow it up with a La Aurora 107 later this evening.
    Damn that's another good smoke man! You're doing it right today!
    RCY Cigars:
    Felt it was time, got some good news today. Had a Camacho PE. I will get a box of these, I dont know when. But I will.....
    Glad you got some good news Rick! And the PE is a great smoke. I had one on my birthday weekend and loved it!
  • xIcedGuardianxxIcedGuardianx Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 873
    alienmisprint:
    Hays:
    PuroFreak:
    alienmisprint:
    you gotta let me know how you like the 107. I know you've been trying to light one of those up for awhile now. I enjoyed the one I had.
  • ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,539
    Spent the day working in the yard from 10-6 and smoked a Felipe Gregorio Tres Capas, Gurkha European Selection Maduro, Augusto Reyes Maduro and a Oliva Serie "G"
  • undulacundulac Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,129
    This afternoon I had a AB Harvest 97 robusto.

Right now, I just lit up a Padilla Miami that must have quite a few years on it because it has the black and red label on it. I'm not sure when they switched the design of the label, but I know it been quite a few years. It delicious by the way.
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,909
    Camacho corojo, damn those are good. I think I've had enough of them now to safely add them to my favorites list.
  • docbp87docbp87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,521
    Just lit an 07/08 PDR habano Sungrown lancero. Killer smoke. And cheap as dirt from the Beard!
  • MarmicoMarmico Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 93
    Just had an outstanding Partagas Black. Usually I'm skeptical of them because of their construction issues, but this was perfect! And, it was the 5x54 and held on to the ash for exactly half of the cigar. Half! That's 2 1/2 inches!!! Great cigar for a great night!
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    Marmico:
    Just had an outstanding Partagas Black. Usually I'm skeptical of them because of their construction issues, but this was perfect! And, it was the 5x54 and held on to the ash for exactly half of the cigar. Half! That's 2 1/2 inches!!! Great cigar for a great night!
    to me the Black is the only regular line partagas worth smoking. i personally have never had construction issues with them. sucks to hear that you have.
    xIcedGuardianx:
    alienmisprint:
    Hays:
    PuroFreak:
    alienmisprint:
    you gotta let me know how you like the 107. I know you've been trying to light one of those up for awhile now. I enjoyed the one I had.
    I did end up burning a La Aurora 107 last night, the robusto. I loved it, my favorite La Aurora now. I really wish they had these in a lonsdale, but the lancero will probably be really good too, lol.
  • DiamondogDiamondog Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,169
    Just finished up a JDN Antano...