Home General Discussion

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• PuroFreakPuroFreak Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,132
    Had some great smokes yesterday. Started off with a House Blend Habano from a shop in Lubbock, TX. while I was smoking a brisket with the guys. Next up was my after dinner smoke, the La Verite 2008 by Tatuaje that I got in a trade from one of our fine BOTL's around here, Nick. Fantastic cigar and paired perfectly with a couple glasses of Caduceus 2007 red. This is one hell of a wine if anyone ever comes across it! Last up for the night was a DPG Mi Barrio with a couple glasses of Ardbeg Scotch. Hell of a way to end a good day with friends and football!
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    oliva V lancero
  • Nick2021Nick2021 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 938
    El Triunfador...very tasty :)
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,317
    Burned a Flor Del Todo Churchill on my ride to work and Cusano Corjo 97 on the ride home.
    I was kinda meh about both of them.

Nick2021:
    Original or new blend?
  • beatnicbeatnic Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,133
    SweeT! Excellent smoke. Rolled Entubado(each filler separately rolled before bunching). I burned my fingers on the last one I enjoyed.
    Just had a Gurkha Master Blend. Kinda dry to start with. Very mild cigar that builds all the way down.
  • Pacman84Pacman84 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 633
    Diesel shorty after a long day
  • undulacundulac Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,129
    Diesel Unlimited. My first one. . . I'll never forget it. Just can't wait for the second.
  • DiamondogDiamondog Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,169
    Had an AB Tempus tonight...
    PuroFreak:
    Nick2021:
    Original or new blend?
    It was the one you gave me :) Not sure if it was old or new blend but it was very tasty...actually thinking about a box of them now...how long did you let it sit before gifting me?
  • RampMonkeyRampMonkey Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,808
    Nothing special here, just a nice glass of wine and a 5 Vegas Classic.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    Nick2021:
    PuroFreak:
    Nick2021:
    Original or new blend?
    It was the one you gave me :) Not sure if it was old or new blend but it was very tasty...actually thinking about a box of them now...how long did you let it sit before gifting me?
    If it had a brown label and was a lancero it was the original blend...I doubt Jason would give you anything but, he knows how good the original is. :) Good luck finding a box of the originals, not gonna say it's impossible, but they've gotten steadily harder to find over the past year or so.
    j0z3r:
    Nick2021:
    PuroFreak:
    Nick2021:
    Original or new blend?
    If it had a brown label and was a lancero it was the original blend...I doubt Jason would give you anything but, he knows how good the original is. :) Good luck finding a box of the originals, not gonna say it's impossible, but they've gotten steadily harder to find over the past year or so.
    Definitely the new blend then...it's definitely the one he gave me lol....was still a good smoke though...how're the Barclays btw? Have you fired one up? I finally lit one up several weeks ago and had to hide the rest...damn good smoke that I could easily go through very fast!
    Nick2021:
    j0z3r:
    Nick2021:
    PuroFreak:
    Nick2021:
    Original or new blend?
    Definitely the new blend then...it's definitely the one he gave me lol....was still a good smoke though...how're the Barclays btw? Have you fired one up? I finally lit one up several weeks ago and had to hide the rest...damn good smoke that I could easily go through very fast!
    I forgot to tell you, I did light one up and it was awesome, incredible smoke. I gifted the other one to a BOTL who I knew would enjoy it. That's one I wouldn't mind having a few boxes of.

The original El Triunfador was a lancero only and came banded in a simple looking brown label, it utilized a Connecticut broadleaf wrapper and is my favorite cigar from Tatuaje. Somewhere in the last couple years it was reblended and released over a variety of sizes, still a good cigar but nowhere near the original.
    j0z3r:
    Nick2021:
    j0z3r:
    Nick2021:
    PuroFreak:
    Nick2021:
    Original or new blend?
    I forgot to tell you, I did light one up and it was awesome, incredible smoke. I gifted the other one to a BOTL who I knew would enjoy it. That's one I wouldn't mind having a few boxes of.
    Glad you enjoyed it! Getting ready to hand one off to another BOTL...darn shame they didn't make more boxes...they are great smokes! Thanks for the info. on the tats...sounds like they're harder to find than a Frank...almost bit on a fver of those two weeks ago but could not justify the price...actually scared me a little bit.
  • Russ55Russ55 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,762
    Graycliff DE. Burned a little hot at the end, but otherwise very enjoyable.
  • ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,539
    smoked a Cu-Avana Intenso Punisher and a LHCOF
    Russ55:
    I've had more DE burn hot in the last third than not, some have been good to the last drop, but I've resigned myself to knowing that more often than not they're gonna get hot. Even smoking super slow hasn't helped me. That's ok though, it's such a good cigar that I'm willing to look past the minor failings at the bigger picture.
    Had an RP Connecticut Churchill from a trade with Hayblet.
    A very buttery smoke not bad.

Had a Bolivar belicoso finos this morning...
    Nick2021:
    j0z3r:
    Nick2021:
    j0z3r:
    Nick2021:
    PuroFreak:
    Nick2021:
    Original or new blend?
    Glad you enjoyed it! Getting ready to hand one off to another BOTL...darn shame they didn't make more boxes...they are great smokes! Thanks for the info. on the tats...sounds like they're harder to find than a Frank...almost bit on a fver of those two weeks ago but could not justify the price...actually scared me a little bit.
    Oh cool, yea the one I sent was the original blend. They are getting hard as hell to find, but I love that cigar. I haven't even tried the new blend yet because I just can't see it living up to the original and I hate to be disappointed. lol I actually smoked that La Verite that you sent me in that same trade. Damn good cigar!
  • Russ55Russ55 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,762
    j0z3r:
    Russ55:
    I've had more DE burn hot in the last third than not, some have been good to the last drop, but I've resigned myself to knowing that more often than not they're gonna get hot. Even smoking super slow hasn't helped me. That's ok though, it's such a good cigar that I'm willing to look past the minor failings at the bigger picture.
    I remember you mentioning that a few months ago, and this was the first time where I really noticed it. I may have been too in love with it then to notice any shortcomings. I haven't had one in a while. At about and inch and a half left it was to the point where I couldn't smoke, or hold it. Which I guess isn't too bad. I agree, it's such a great stick I'm willing to overlook that.

I still think they should make these in a toro size.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    today i smoked a La Gloria Mateo

later i smoked a Petite Tatuaje Reserva.
  • wwhwangwwhwang Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,863
    Had my belated wedding celebratory smoke. My first Camacho Pre-Embargo! Not quite sure if it's worth the MSRP, but it's damn tasty. Musk, sweet tobacco, roasted nuts, cream, and a light pepper that dances to the back of the tongue...that's what she said haha.
    DPG Cuban Classic... spicy.

Just finished up a Camacho Corojo Ltd...
  • sirfoster83sirfoster83 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 783
    Partagas 150. Thanks Cabbie AMAZING stick. I NEED SOME!!!
    Gurkha Regent. Smooth!
    PuroFreak:
    Nick2021:
    j0z3r:
    Nick2021:
    j0z3r:
    Nick2021:
    PuroFreak:
    Nick2021:
    Original or new blend?
    Oh cool, yea the one I sent was the original blend. They are getting hard as hell to find, but I love that cigar. I haven't even tried the new blend yet because I just can't see it living up to the original and I hate to be disappointed. lol I actually smoked that La Verite that you sent me in that same trade. Damn good cigar!
    Thanks for the cigar again puro...was very good :)