Home General Discussion

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• brotheradambrotheradam Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 896
    Just retried a Puros Indios Viejas courtesy of Stephen Hannibal. Much better the 2nd try.
  • DiamondogDiamondog Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,169
    Just finished up a RP Decade, such a great stick, only if I could get this in a 6X60 drool....
    Had a Diesel Unlimited this morning...
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,294
    RaschNuts:
    thinking of doing something Gurkha. Maybe Spec Ops or maybe Centurian not sure.

What you guys think?
    What the F is a spec ops?
  • wwhwangwwhwang Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,863
    rwheelwright:
    RaschNuts:

What you guys think?
    Gurkha released three new lines after the trade show in Louisiana. Ninja, Viper, and Spec Ops. Ninja and Viper are here, but Spec Ops is only 500 boxes worldwide.
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,294
    wwhwang:
    rwheelwright:
    RaschNuts:

What you guys think?
    Gurkha released three new lines after the trade show in Louisiana. Ninja, Viper, and Spec Ops. Ninja and Viper are here, but Spec Ops is only 500 boxes worldwide.
    SoB. I want one or two! Are they good? What's the blend like? It's not on their website.
  • RaschNutsRaschNuts Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 882
    rwheelwright:
    wwhwang:
    rwheelwright:
    RaschNuts:

What you guys think?
    SoB. I want one or two! Are they good? What's the blend like? It's not on their website.
    Not sure i havent tried one yet. Only had these for about 2 weeks. letting them rest more.

PM to you Rwheel
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    thanks to The Cank i am smoking a San Cristobal robusto.

thank you yet again.

• sppd81sppd81 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 26
    Had a Tabak Especial Cafe Con Leche with the morning coffee. Bought it for the girlfriend, but wanted to try something different. It was.................different. Still not sure if I liked it or not. Really sweet.
  • t_evan50t_evan50 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,725
    Graycliff 1666. Nice flavor. Some burn and construction issues.
  • wwhwangwwhwang Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,863
    Had the Gurkha Grand Envoy earlier. I think I like it. Kind of a hybrid between the Gurkha Centurian (which I love) and the Padilla Achilles (which I'm not so crazy about). I should probably get a few more before passing judgment on it though.
    Just finished up a MOW R Robusto No. 2
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    sppd81:
    Had a Tabak Especial Cafe Con Leche with the morning coffee. Bought it for the girlfriend, but wanted to try something different. It was.................different. Still not sure if I liked it or not. Really sweet.
    You may like the maduro, the flavor, as I recall, was richer. I'm not really an infused cigar guy, but I do enjoy the Tabak and Java maduros. Smoke one while drinking coffee with cream and sugar and it's a match made in heaven.
  • Pacman84Pacman84 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 633
    Cain maduro right after dinner
  • Nick2021Nick2021 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 938
    Alec Bradley SCR...3 weeks of rest on this cigar definitely made all the difference in the world. I actually think it would have been better with more time on it, but since I'm redeploying back home in 12 days, had to smoke this :)
  • sppd81sppd81 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 26
    j0z3r:
    sppd81:
    You may like the maduro, the flavor, as I recall, was richer. I'm not really an infused cigar guy, but I do enjoy the Tabak and Java maduros. Smoke one while drinking coffee with cream and sugar and it's a match made in heaven.
    Thanks Joe, I'll have to give em a try. I do love maduros. This was the first infused stick I've tried.
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,317
    4:30am Perdomo ESV 91 Connecticut... this is the second one I've had. I don't like it.
    Tastes like a NUB connie.

• ejenne87ejenne87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,921
    Nick2021:
    Alec Bradley SCR...3 weeks of rest on this cigar definitely made all the difference in the world. I actually think it would have been better with more time on it, but since I'm redeploying back home in 12 days, had to smoke this :)
    Good news! Where will you be heading back to?
  • Nick2021Nick2021 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 938
    ejenne87:
    Nick2021:
    Good news! Where will you be heading back to?
    San Antonio, TX...can't wait :) Also got a surprise package of cigars coming my way (something I didn't think CCom could get) which will be waiting for me! Pretty exciting...get to see the family and see all the cigars I've blown my money on while deployed LOL
    Had a Camacho Corojo Ltd....good stick although its not filled as much as I would like...
  • Russ55Russ55 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,762
    Had a JdN Dark Corojo in the El Martillo size. Fantastic smoke. I need to try the Azarosa I have. Sometimes when I have one of these I need it to be a little shorter. I just didn't have enough time for the large toro last night.
    Just finished up a Padilla Miami...
    Russ55:
    Had a JdN Dark Corojo in the El Martillo size. Fantastic smoke. I need to try the Azarosa I have. Sometimes when I have one of these I need it to be a little shorter. I just didn't have enough time for the large toro last night.
    the smaller size also has more flavor. you wont be let down.
    had a Davidoff Maduro R today.

review in a day or two once the holiday weekend is over.
  • Russ55Russ55 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,762
    kuzi16:
    Russ55:
    Good to know. I've been contemplating a box. Have you tried the corona? I forget their little name for it.
  • HeavyHeavy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,590
    Had a 5 Vegas Gold Maduro last night. It was my first - I let it take a nine week nap before I gave it a shot. Not bad at all. Within the first third I detected a bit of a cinnamon flavor that I swear turned to an almost sweet-peperminty kind of flavor for a couple of puffs before it disappeared. Never experienced that before - it was good.
    Russ55:
    kuzi16:
    Russ55:
    Good to know. I've been contemplating a box. Have you tried the corona? I forget their little name for it.
    yes i have. its called "Peligroso"
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,317
    Smoking a Pinar P2000. The first one I had was meh... This one is spot on!

• shamrockedshamrocked Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 285
    stephen_hannibal:
    4:30am Perdomo ESV 91 Connecticut... this is the second one I've had. I don't like it.
    Tastes like a NUB connie.

You're up early... or maybe you're just up late haha
  • boydmcgowanboydmcgowan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,101
    Just finished up an Alec Bradley Family Blend for lunch. A buddy of mine brought it for me, and it was my first one. Really a good smoke. A well balanced flavorful cigar with a decent kick. I was impressed.

Tonight I'll be firing up a couple of Gurkha Masters Select with 3 or 4 extra yeas of age on them with my Father in Law. Wasn't intending on aging them, but I bought two boxes a while back and its taken me a while to get through them. Definitely interesting to see the flavors change over time, but I think this is about as long as you'd want to go on a medium bodied/medium flavored cigar.