Home General Discussion

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• surfingzeekosurfingzeeko Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 628
    Smoking a perdomo habano corojo right now, and all is well in the world :) thanks Russ55!
    EDIT: what the hell. this thing kicked my ass. I was totally fine, got a little buzz actually, then I layed down. bad idea.
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,909
    I had a RyJ reserva real, tasty as RyJ's always are to me, but I didn't notice much of a difference between this and the original dominican 1875.
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,294
    I haven't updated here in a couple of days. I've been bad!!!! So, let's see what they hell I smoked!

Friday, I started with a Gurkha Warlord. This was a good smoke up until the last inch and a half. Then I got a lot of ammonia. Even my g/f picked up on it. After that, I moved to an A Fernandez that I think I got from Phil. This tasted very similar to the Warlord but obviously it was much smaller in size and lacked the ammonia.

Sunday, I had a Cain Nub Habana. This was a good smoke! It started off a little harsh but that quickly went away and became tasty. Even my g/f liked this cigar!

Yesterday, I had a AB Tempus Robusto from the cotm club 6 months ago. This started off really harsh but got better about half an inch in. I was helping my father in the garden so I couldn't smoke as well as I usually do. This did have some burn problems where the filler burned more than the wrapper and required some touchups. I don't understand why I have been having this issue lately. My humi is less than 70% and I have a de-humi running in that room plus that cigar has been in my humi for over 30 days. Closer to 45. I've had this problem with a few over the past few weeks. I dunno!!!
  • LukoLuko Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,004
    Fourtotheflush:
    Luko:
    had a carlos torano exodus last night.

How was it?
    I havent tried any of Torano's cigars.

Very good...it was the first I've had and I definitely will be coming back for more. I had the exodus gold...I'd say it was med to med-full, nice pepper flavor. I'm a sucker for habano. You should definitely try it.
  • illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,507
    had a Sancho Panza Vailente.. wonderful cigar for the price, I would expect this to be much more than $3.25.. great flavors and tons of smoke.. great Connecticut stick
  • vegassparkyvegassparky Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 365
    Cant decide RP vintage 92 or a Titan2...oh or a diesel shorty?
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,317
  • illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,507
    stephen_hannibal:
    Shorty...
    +1 definitely the shorty.. let us know how it is!
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    rwheelwright:

Yesterday, I had a AB Tempus Robusto from the cotm club 6 months ago. This started off really harsh but got better about half an inch in. I was helping my father in the garden so I couldn't smoke as well as I usually do. This did have some burn problems where the filler burned more than the wrapper and required some touchups. I don't understand why I have been having this issue lately. My humi is less than 70% and I have a de-humi running in that room plus that cigar has been in my humi for over 30 days. Closer to 45. I've had this problem with a few over the past few weeks. I dunno!!!
    I had one yesterday, the opposite for me. Great for the first 3/4 but the last 1/4 or maybe a bit more turned harsh.
  • vegassparkyvegassparky Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 365
    Just enjoyed the shorty. got to say that thing is spice all the way thru.
    Had a DE Natural Root... this was the best one I've ever had. Very smooth...

vegassparky:
    Just enjoyed the shorty. got to say that thing is spice all the way thru.

Is it like a smooth spice or a harsh unfermented type spice?

• jship079jship079 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 621
  • sdipsdip Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 406
    On vacation at Carolina Beach and smoking a ton. So far - Perdomo ESV 91, Jaime Garcia, RP Rosado, DPG Blue, Torano 1916, Gurkha Nepalese Warrior, 5 Vegas Gold, Gurkha Centurian, Punch Uppercut. 5 Vegas Limitada 10 and a few I can't remember
  • undulacundulac Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,129
    sdip:
    On vacation at Carolina Beach and smoking a ton. So far - Perdomo ESV 91, Jaime Garcia, RP Rosado, DPG Blue, Torano 1916, Gurkha Nepalese Warrior, 5 Vegas Gold, Gurkha Centurian, Punch Uppercut. 5 Vegas Limitada 10 and a few I can't remember
    I did that at the Outer Banks last month. I had about 30 (all different) sticks while on vacation with most of them being the first time I had tried them. Now I can't remember which I liked and would purchase again. I had a few cocktails down there. I was told I had a great time.
    Just lit up a Cain Nub Maduro. I lit one Saturday night and within a few minutes got instantly sick. 103 fever and was in bed all day Sunday. I wasn't able to relight it so I had to run out and get a new one. Nice stick. A little too full for my first cigar considering I'm still not 100%. I should of had a medium.
    Wow, slow night. This is my third post in a row. Finish the Cain Nub. I still can't believe you can get over an hour out of such a short cigar. I wasn't done for the night so I just fired up a Fonseca robusto. I know you aren't supposed to go from full to a mild, but I couldn't handle another strong cigar again. I really hope I shake this bug by this weekend.
  • DiamondogDiamondog Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,169
    Had a Padilla Dominus tonight....
  • RippRipp Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 125
    Lit up a 5 Vegas Triple A... Cant wait for my new sticks to come this week from CCom.
  • Poker SlobPoker Slob Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 996
    AB Family Blend. Pretty good stick, a little one demensional, but not bad.
  • shamrockedshamrocked Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 285
    i am having my first 601 green tronco ... awesome cigar so far. lots of flavorful smoke and cool burn.
  • gaberoxgaberox Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 824
    Having what may be the best 601 green Ive had yet. These usually look pretty rough. Bumpy, veiny and what not. This one has a near perfect wrapper. Dark and very oily with almost no veins and perfectly round. Flavor is bad a** as usual.
  • docbp87docbp87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,521
    Nub Cameroon. Still my favorite of the line, along with the Maduro.
  • Russ55Russ55 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,762
    MoW Ruination. Had it in the afternoon. Should have had a regular one. I seem to enjoy the power of the Ruination more after a heavy meal. After a PB&J the strength just doesn't do it for me.
  • babsdpubabsdpu Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 143
    Had a La Herencia Cubana tonight, not the OF version. Very good. Had a little complexity to it at the end, not too overpowering on an empty stomach, either. I was impressed! AJ does such good work...
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    LFD Air Bender
  • Joeyjoe21_8Joeyjoe21_8 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,048
    ha...had that last time....its a ok smoke...but tonight im having a Gurkha Gran reserve...non tubo one...gottta admit...its pretty good..not overpowering and u can taste the cognac on the tip of your tongue...not bad at all
  • JSaintJSaint Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,848
    had a SCCC A tonight with some Appleton Estate Rum...awesomeee
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,294
    stephen_hannibal:
    Shorty...
    Hey, who you calling shorty?
  • zeebrazeebra Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,166
    RyJ Reserva Real ...nice and smooth!