Home General Discussion

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• thedjfish@comcast.netthedjfish@comcast.net Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,533
    going to try a rocky patel summer 2008,see how that goes
  • martymcg43martymcg43 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 396
    alec bradley scr... it's been a while... forgot how much i liked these
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,317
    stephen_hannibal:
    Going to step out and have something called a Mederos... it's a cool looking 5x60.

So cool looking is about all this cigar can do. It was sh!t... I've never seen a 60 ring turn into mush after an inch. Where's that goats ass thread...

• wwhwangwwhwang Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,863
    Just had an Oliva connie reserve. It was good for the first half, but I think it lost flavor midway. Maybe underhumidified? Or am I about to graduate to medium cigars?
  • camgfscamgfs Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 967
    I've been smoking a lot of Cubans lately, but yesterday I had a Rocky Patel Summer 2008 Connie, and today was a Perdomo Habana Maduro straight from the box that arrived this afternoon. Great cigars, both of them!

• NYHCx516xNYHCx516x Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 728
    NYHCx516x:
    brotheradam:
    Having a Gurkha Liga C-10 for Breakfast
    Im kind sad, had my first one of those the other night, didnt really care for it.

Having a MOW Runi this evening.
    Ruination on an empty stomach is a really bad idea. Just an FYI
  • docedwardsdocedwards Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 319
  • wwhwangwwhwang Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,863
    thedjfish@comcast.net:
    going to try a rocky patel summer 2008,see how that goes
    so far, that's one of my fav mild sticks. Hope you enjoy it.
  • DiamondogDiamondog Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,169
    Going out for a Cao Sopranos Boss...
  • jacketsrulejacketsrule Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 401
    Benchmade-not bad for a budget stick.
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,555
    phobicsquirrel:
    Fourtotheflush:
    Decade for breakfast.
    lol.. Any coffee?
    I had a nestor maduro last night, I enjoy this cigar but hell they have some burn issues.

I had it with water, it goes down a little easier, wait, wait

Seriously, it was good, but definately better after a full meal. just the way the oils intermingle.v

• fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,023
    Today's lineup: Don Kiki Brown label, Oliva Series O, Gurkha Blue Steel, Arganese ML3, Nicarao, 5 Vegas AAA
  • gaberoxgaberox Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 824
    NYHCx516x:
    NYHCx516x:
    brotheradam:
    Having a Gurkha Liga C-10 for Breakfast

Im kind sad, had my first one of those the other night, didnt really care for it.

Having a MOW Runi this evening.
    Ruination on an empty stomach is a really bad idea. Just an FYI

I never had a problem having those for breakfast but thats my usual type of smoke.

Having a Perdomo 10th anny criollo fresh off the truck. Ive never done that before but curiosity about these got the best of me. Surprise its darn good. Go figure.
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,909
    Started father's day weekend with a La Herencia Cubana Oscuro Fuerte, great smoke. I can't wait to see what a little time will do to the one's I have remaining.
  • vegassparkyvegassparky Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 365
    a well rested gurkha assassin... wow this thing is goooood.
  • Joeyjoe21_8Joeyjoe21_8 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,048
    maybe i need another one andlet it rest a while...lol... But tonight i changed up the pace and lit up a Verdadero Organic tonight..first time...its a mild conn., decent, a little complex but not to much....its ok..but i wont hunt it out to buy a box thats for sure
  • JumperJumper Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 135
    jacketsrule:
    Benchmade-not bad for a budget stick.
    Had one the other night with some black coffee. Flavor was solid but not complex. Could have been the coffee squashing the more subtle hints, I guess. But yes, decent.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    Today was Joya de Nicaragua day apparently...started of with a JdN Antaño 1970 belicoso which was very good, always enjoy that one. I capped off my day with an Antaño Dark Corojo in the El Martillo size, a chunky 5.5x54 robusto and that one was very good as well, I really like that size though I've yet to try any of the others.
  • docbp87docbp87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,521
    La Herencia Cubana robusto. Great small stick. Might have to invest in a box...
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,317
    Had a Gran Habano #1 Connecticut... always good with a cup-o-joe.
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,378
    Smoked two yesterday. Started with a JDN Dark Corojo, wow - this cigar is frickin awesome. This was fresh off the truck and it was still awesome. I ordered 5 from The Beard and man do I wish I had gotten more. They'll be on my next order for sure.
    Finished the night up with an OpusX. It was good, but it didn't have the "wow factor" the XXX had that I smoked in February with Kuzi.
  • ejenne87ejenne87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,921
    I had a LFD Camaroon Cabinet lancero last night at the B&M. This is one of Joe's favorites if I am not mistaken, and I can certainly see why. This was a phenomenal smoke! I only bought the one just to try it out last night but I know for sure that I will be getting more!
  • JumperJumper Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 135
    Smoked a Xikar Defiance last night. It was good but the construction didn't hold up as well as the first one i smoked. Solid cigar though.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    ejenne87:
    I had a LFD Camaroon Cabinet lancero last night at the B&M. This is one of Joe's favorites if I am not mistaken, and I can certainly see why. This was a phenomenal smoke! I only bought the one just to try it out last night but I know for sure that I will be getting more!
    Was it an actual lancero, 7x38, or was it the lonsdale at 6x44? If it was truly a lancero then it wasn't the Cam. Cab but the DL lancero w/ Cam. wrapper. That said, regardless I think both are incredible cigars, in my opinion the Cam. Cab lonsdale has a slight edge. Glad you tried one and liked it.
  • DiamondogDiamondog Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,169
    Just had a 5 Vegas Classic....
  • ejenne87ejenne87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,921
    j0z3r:
    ejenne87:
    Was it an actual lancero, 7x38, or was it the lonsdale at 6x44? If it was truly a lancero then it wasn't the Cam. Cab but the DL lancero w/ Cam. wrapper. That said, regardless I think both are incredible cigars, in my opinion the Cam. Cab lonsdale has a slight edge. Glad you tried one and liked it.
    It was in fact the Cam Cab lonsdale. My mistake. If they had more than a few of these left I might go back and buy a box. I will hold off I guess until they get more in, should be a couple weeks from what I understand. If you ever can't get your hands on these let me know.

And, I know I still owe you a package. I will hopefully get that out to you today. I picked up a little treat for you yesterday to say sorry for having to wait. I will PM you when I get a tracking number and fill you in on what I grabbed for you last night.
  • brotheradambrotheradam Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 896
    For my first cigar of the day a Romeo y Julieta Vintage, I liked this one alot.
  • martymcg43martymcg43 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 396
    through the first third of a Liga Privada no.9 parejo oscuro... oooh buddy it's delicious... ash hasn't fallen off yet. perfect construction.
  • jacketsrulejacketsrule Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 401
    I started with a La Aurora BME, then I took one for the team. A co worker gave me a Los Cabrillas from Honduras and really talked it up. I had to light it up right there, and act like it was good. All smoke, and no flavor at all.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    I'm half way through a lfd mysterio natural right now. I have to say I'm enjoying it more than my first. Not really a strong cigar, but sort of sweet and mild.. Burn was a bit wacky but now is improving.