Home General Discussion

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• ejenne87ejenne87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,921
    Matt Marvel:
    ejenne87:
    had two so far, RP Edge Maduro and Oliva G maduro. Both decent smokes, the Edge being a bit more to my liking. I hope to get one more in this evening, most likely a Nub Cammy!
    Have you had the Edge in the missile vitola? That's a task in a half trying to finish it.
    I have not had that one. This was actualy my first Edge ever. I have a few more of them, just haven't gotten to them yet. It was alright, fresh from the B&M here in Laredo, TX though. I have a feling that I will like them much more when they are stable and rested in the humi though.
  • urbinourbino Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,517
    Well, I wimped out. Got away from the office too late, and it's too cold outside. Why does 34 degrees in February feel so much colder than 30 degrees in December? Is there a weatherman in the congregation?
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,561
    Camacho SLR, Kristoff ligero Maduro, Alec Bradley Prersnio, an ISOM, and a CAO La Traviata.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    Started off with a Kristoff Sumatra torpedo, very enjoyable. I think there was one after that but can't seem to remember.. Ah, Fonseca Habana Seleccion, had a good taste for the first half but the draw was very tight and became too much. Then another Kristoff Sumatra, love that cigar. Had a Camacho Select double robusto after that. Finally ended with a Camacho Coyolar super toro. Pretty good day I must say.
  • Duder2Duder2 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 926
    Tonight's selection was my first Oliveros LTD. Loved everything about it! It's not too often that I catch a good buzz anymore, but wow, this thing knocked my socks off!
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,555
    I am heading out tonight for a stick or two. going out with some old friends so Im pretty excited.
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,317
    Had A Gran Habano #1... Pleasantly surprised.
    Might have to get a few more of these.

• DiamondogDiamondog Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,169
    I will be firing up a 5 Vegas Limitada 2008 later this aft....EDIT, ended up having it last night and I wasn't really impressed with it, wasn't bad just wasn't what I was hoping for, I have another 9 so maybe it will grow on me, I definately want to try some of the other Limitada years...
    I won't be smoking these tonight, but I made a happy discovery a little while ago: I've still got 3 Oliva Special S diademas! I thought I'd seen the last of those discontinued little gems.
  • jacketsrulejacketsrule Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 401
    Cuvee Rouge for lunch, and Camacho SLR Maduro on the ride home.
  • sdipsdip Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 406
    Todays Menu Nestor CT, DPG JJ Maduro, Tat Cabinet, Nica Libre
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,132
    Well tonight is my friday so I belive I'm going to try to have at least a 3 cigar day tomorrow. Probably something mild-medium in the morning like a Cabaiguan corona extra with my coffee, then probably after lunch something with a little more body to it like a 5 Vegas Series A, AB Tempus, or a Forum Blend natural, then to cap off the night I'm going to probably light either an 06 or 07 Limitada. I've got both sitting in the humi and I'm not sure which to try first... Choices choices...
  • denniskingdennisking Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,681
    a 4 cigar day while playing 18 holes. reposada 96, verdadero organic, gurkha empire II and a 5 Vegas classic. then went and had dinner at the deschutes brewery
    I smoked a surprisingly low number of cigars today considering it was herf day. Started with a Kristoff Sumatra torpedo. Followed that up with a La Vieja Habana of some sort. Next up was a Joya de Nicaragua Anatño robusto...all those were at the B&M. Got home and finished things off with a Perdomo Sun Grown robusto. Good day and now I'm tired.
    Tonight started with another 4 year old El Cobre. Man, this may be my all time favorite stick, just awesome! A bit later I went for a LHCOF. It was ok but I could tell they need more rest, seemed a bit on the dry side. I'll wait a while before going back for this one as it showed potential, but it just wasn't quite there yet.
  • leemarshall337leemarshall337 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 70
    5 Vegas Cask Strength. I smoked one off the truck(it was decent), but tonight was my first with any rest on it. Very happy with it, and amazing construction. About to fire up a CCOM Cuban, it's late and I just want a decent smoke, and too late to fire up anything expensive.
  • leemarshall337leemarshall337 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 70
    OK, changed my mind. Going with a CAO MX2.
    leemarshall337:
    OK, changed my mind. Going with a CAO MX2.
    Good choice!

I got a third in before bed, this time went for a 5 Vegas Series A Archetype (thanks firetruckguy!). This was the second time I've tried this stick and it was pretty darn good.
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,561
    DPG for breakfast.
  • DiamondogDiamondog Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,169
    I am gonna fire up a 5 Vegas Series A this afternoon
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,023
    On Saturday I had a Arganese ML3 Robusto and Torpedo.
    I'm fittin' ta go outside and have a La Aurora Preferido Gold. This tubo has been in my humi for 2 years. Oughtta be good.
    The La Aurora was a fine smoke. The wrapper wasn't as pretty as I would expect from this cigar, but everything else was very good -- flavor, burn, ash, etc. It produced the whitest smoke I think I've ever seen, and lots of it. At one point, I swear I got a whiff of toasting marshmallow off this thing. Worth $18? No, but definitely worth trying.
  • sdipsdip Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 406
    Today's menu IT Reserve robusto, Perdomo Fresh Rolled robusto, 5Vegas Red robusto, RP MM toro
  • GoldyGoldy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,636
    fla-gypsy:
    On Saturday I had a Arganese ML3 Robusto and Torpedo.

How were those?
  • Alex WilliamsAlex Williams Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,515
    Started off the night with a delicious 5 vegas gold and polished it off with a la herencia cubana oscuro fuerte. Both were AWESOME. Thanks crusader for these delecious sticks!
  • jacketsrulejacketsrule Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 401
    La Herencia Cubana Salomon for today.
  • ScottUScottU Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 194
    Smoked a 5 vegas classic box pressed while grilling up some carne asada... Was a good smoke, good flavor, lots of smoke.... Had a terrible burn for the first 2 inches and it was a slightly looser draw than I like. All in all I would recommend this as a good mild stick.
    I started off my day with a Drew Estates Chateau Real natural corona gorda, it is a very pleasant mild cigar boasting a nice array of flavors and rich, creamy smoke, very nice. Up next was an infused DE cigar, the Isla del Sol, the tip was sweetened which I don't like and the flavor was ok, not a cigar I'd be likely to purchase in the future, but the price was right to get some freebies at the DE event. The last cigar of the day was a Kristoff Sumatra torpedo, I've been hitting these hard lately and am really liking them a lot, it's a solid medium bodied cigar but it has such a nice, smooth flavor and a perfect balance, a very well blended cigar in my opinion.
  • HugemooseHugemoose Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 458
    I went out late last night and enjoyed a wonderful, small, Oliva Special G maduro. Always a great cigar.