Home General Discussion

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• LasabarLasabar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,457
    I had a Cohiba Siglo III.... This was either fake or WAAAAY toooo young.... yuck...

And don't think I'm on some ISOM Kick and I've turned my back on the finer cigars (I even think there's a Nica Libre calling my name!) I've just run into some ISOMs and I'm gonna enjoy them!
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,294
    Had a Padillia Achilles Salomon today. I've had this cigar since probably March and it has been in my smoking humidor the past month and a half. It started out ok but with a tight draw. The burn was great until the end. Plus near the las 2 1/2 inches I wasn't getting much flavor from it. The draw was tight the whole way even after rolling it with my fingers.
  • TheShaunTheShaun Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 425
    Smoked some sort of Guantanamera Cuban that was given to me at a party tonight. It was super dry and probably sitting the cupboard for ages. The first third was actually not that bad, good draw, nice flavor, very mild, but it just went downhill from there.
  • T. GervaisT. Gervais Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 239
    Ended up smoking the 3 Siglos, had a good toasty medium bodied flavor, and lasted for a long time, with a nice even burn and slightly loose draw. It was enjoyable, though not probably not worth the price tag for me.
  • nickgonzonickgonzo Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 146
    zanzain:
    its funny i tod my new girlfriend i smoked at least one cigar a nite so she went out and bought me like 5 havana honeys i'm a huge rocky patel fan and thats usually what i smoke after a day of work on saturdays but since i dig her and she puts up with my crap i'm smoking my havana honeys tonight
    hahaha great story. She sounds like a winner to me!
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,132
    j0z3r:
    Had a couple today after a BS stay on the freeway due to an "officer involved shooting"...why they have to do the entire investigation on the freeway and close the whole thing down is beyond me. Anyway, fired up a Cabaiguan corona which hit the spot just right, nice medium body with a creamy, thick pepper spice thing going on, delicious. Later was a DPG Cuban Classic robusto, always a great cigar, this time no different from any other...if Don Pepin makes a bad cigar, I sure as hell want to know about it, because everything I've had from him is good at worst and stellar at best...guy knows his cigars.
    The reason they have to do the investigation right there is called C.Y.A. You have to map out every detail. Where each officer was standing, where the suspect was, what actions took place and an exact time-line for each event that occured. The reason for this is because the suspects family is probably going to hire Johnny Cochran Jr. and come after the officer, the department, and the street sweeper that cleaned the spot he was standing when this all took place. We just went through this exact thing last week...

If that was the Cabaiguan I sent ya I'm glad you enjoyed it. I got an awesome deal on a 5 pack of those a while back and they have been sitting 2-3 months. I just smoked my first out of that pack this week too and it was great! I'm with you though, if DPG makes a bad smoke I've never found it either. The Vegas Cubanas you sent me was great! It was more mild than most of this stuff, but a ton of flavor! I have a JJ Maduro sitting in my humi and that is one I've never tried... I may have to fire that up tonight. Not sure yet... Gotta have some good smokes for Sunday night football!!!
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    Thanks for filling in the info Jason...I know they have to cover their asses, but man was it a pain. And yeah, that was the Cab. you sent me, awesome smoke.
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    Well, I went up to my local cigar bar to watch the GA game. While I was there, I decided to have a Camacho Triple Maduro Toro. Damn good cigar, lasted about 2.5hrs. I tell ya, if you're a maduro fan, you gotta try this cigar.
  • gmill880gmill880 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,947
    Just finished a cigar I received some months ago from j0z3r ...hey Joe this was the one with the red ribbon as a band can you remind me what that stick was? Lasted an hour and a half ...good mild-med tobacco flavor and had a flavor i'm going to call a pleasant parched peanut flavor to it. Very enjoyable. Now I think I'll pour me a rare breed barrell proof bourbon and hit the hot tub , just need to decide on the next smoke. Trying to relax before having my vacation end tommorow (back to the grind) Kinda a light rain falling but the hot tubs at a 100 right now and feels better to me the cooler it is anyway.
    gmill880:
    Just finished a cigar I received some months ago from j0z3r ...hey Joe this was the one with the red ribbon as a band can you remind me what that stick was?
    That, my friend, was a Cusano DSG, one that I don't think was ever released commercially but ccom was selling. I need to try one out, my first attempt was a little disappointing as it wouldn't smoke. Glad you enjoyed it.
  • betasynnbetasynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,249
    I had a La Aurora barrel aged. More medium then I generally like, but the generous, very unique flavor made me happy. Good cigar, might have another later.
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,378
    T. Gervais:
    Tonight I'm torn between a Padilla Series '68 rubusto, a San Cristobal robusto, and a Gran Habano 3 Siglos robusto. I haven't yet tried any of them, anyone wanna help me out?
    Three excellent choices. The 3 Siglos is the more mild of the three and the San Cristobal the strongest in my humble opinion. I've had a few San Cristobal's that I've had to stop 75% of the way through, lol. I don't know if I could pick a favorite!
  • LasabarLasabar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,457
    I wanted to smoke tonight... but then it started to rain...

Fiddle-sticks
    Well the hot tub smoke ended up being a LFD Cabinet Oscuro Ligero ...I really enjoy every LFD I have ever tried . Now this was a potent cigar , excellent flavor , nice and spicey with good kick. I'm not sure if it was the bourbon , or since it was starting to rain a little if I picked up the pace and was smoking a little too fast or a combo of both but man ...I literally crawled over the side of the hottub haha ...damn I'm glad all the neighbors were inside haha ...although its good for them to think your a little crazy ...keeps them from borrowing stuff and besides none of them are cigar smokers ...maybe I need to have a street herf and introduce their uptight asses to some relaxation huh ...
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,961
    Broke my no-smoke spell today with a Nica Libre and later a Java. both great sticks, and great ways to get back into rhythm.
    alienmisprint:
    Broke my no-smoke spell today with a Nica Libre and later a Java. both great sticks, and great ways to get back into rhythm.

Now those are two delicious smokes ...
    Had an Alec Bradley Maxx. Good flavor, as always, but I couldn't get it to draw correctly. Sad.
    gmill880:
    Well the hot tub smoke ended up being a LFD Cabinet Oscuro Ligero ...I really enjoy every LFD I have ever tried . Now this was a potent cigar , excellent flavor , nice and spicey with good kick. I'm not sure if it was the bourbon , or since it was starting to rain a little if I picked up the pace and was smoking a little too fast or a combo of both but man ...I literally crawled over the side of the hottub haha ...damn I'm glad all the neighbors were inside haha ...although its good for them to think your a little crazy ...keeps them from borrowing stuff and besides none of them are cigar smokers ...maybe I need to have a street herf and introduce their uptight asses to some relaxation huh ...
    LMAO. It's been a while since I've been hit that hard by a cigar. Blame it on the whiskey!
    Had a three-fer today. I started with an Ambos Mundos white label robusto ( I can't remember if the white is the Sumatra or habano, I want to say Sumatra) and it was good, better than I remember the others I've had actually, maybe this one had more time on it (thanks Brandon). Later was a Gurkha Fuerte from nickgonzo that he tells me was from the first batch in '07, and it was a good one, I have not enjoyed a Gurkha that much in some time. Later still was a Tatuaje house blend from PuroFreak, it looks just like a Miami but the blend is different, it was a flavor bomb and I'll have to have more of these sometime down the line.

All of the cigars I smoked today were from trades or bombs, thanks to all the guys responsible for them.
  • nickgonzonickgonzo Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 146
    j0z3r glad you enjoyed it man! It was a great cigar, and the couple years of age have made the cigar even better imo. I cannot speak of the current production, I might have to get some more to test them out vs the original shipment since I'm running out. PS I love this ashtray! hahaha

Today I had a RP Renaissance that I got in a trade from Leonard. I really enjoyed it thanks again brother.
    Glad you're liking the ashtray and also that it's serving a purpose other than collecting dust. :)
  • ejenne87ejenne87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,921
    I had a LFD Double Ligero in the Sumatra wrapper. That sure was one great smoke! I can't wait to try it in the maduro wrapper now.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    ejenne87:
    I had a LFD Double Ligero in the Sumatra wrapper. That sure was one great smoke! I can't wait to try it in the maduro wrapper now.
    i like the maduro better.
  • jeff_connorsjeff_connors Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 483
    i have noticed that they are sold out here...do they ever come back in stock>?
    j0z3r:
    Had a three-fer today. I started with an Ambos Mundos white label robusto ( I can't remember if the white is the Sumatra or habano, I want to say Sumatra) and it was good, better than I remember the others I've had actually, maybe this one had more time on it (thanks Brandon). Later was a Gurkha Fuerte from nickgonzo that he tells me was from the first batch in '07, and it was a good one, I have not enjoyed a Gurkha that much in some time. Later still was a Tatuaje house blend from PuroFreak, it looks just like a Miami but the blend is different, it was a flavor bomb and I'll have to have more of these sometime down the line.

All of the cigars I smoked today were from trades or bombs, thanks to all the guys responsible for them.
    I'm glad you enjoyed that house blend. I was surprised when it didn't have a special band, but you can tell from the first puff it isn't the regular Miami. They should be getting in another 100 boxes soon so I will be able to get my hands on some more.
  • bbc020bbc020 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,422
    PuroFreak:
    j0z3r:

I'm glad you enjoyed that house blend. I was surprised when it didn't have a special band, but you can tell from the first puff it isn't the regular Miami. They should be getting in another 100 boxes soon so I will be able to get my hands on some more.
    Pretty sure the white is the habano. Glad you enjoyed it.

I have to say I'm intrigued by the house blend Puro has mentioned all this time. I love the tat miamis, and especially in the noella size.
  • betasynnbetasynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,249
    I had a Montecristo Media Noche just now in the Edmundo size. Fantastic little smoke, really great way to spend an hour lunchbreak.
    bbc020:
    PuroFreak:
    j0z3r:

I have to say I'm intrigued by the house blend Puro has mentioned all this time. I love the tat miamis, and especially in the noella size.
    If some of you guys wanted to do a box split on some of these I'd be happy to be the middle guy. lol Just get how ever many people want in on a split and send me the money. I'll take money and go get a box and ship em out to you guys. If anyone is interested in something like this I'll find out the exact price and let you guys know.
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,294
    Yesterday was a two cigar day for me. First with all this talk about the 3 Siglos, I had to have one so I did! It was really good. I have a few more left and will have to get more in the future. Had this since March. My second cigar was an Anejo. Not sure of the size. I swear it was a 6 X 50 but there is no such thing that I can see. I guess it was either a 46 or a 50. I got this last year around August or September.

Today I took the day off and hung out at my semi local B&M. Started with a Hemingway classic. It was good but I like the signature better. This on didn't burn that well at the beginning. Near the last inch and a half, the think split all the way tot he end. It was still smokeable but I gave up on it at that point. I can't seem to remember when I bought it but it was sometime last year and I think it was around July or August. Then, I kept with the Cameroon and went to a Oliva G. Nice cigar that I smoked to the NUB... I've had this one since the end of February.
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,961
    PuroFreak:
    bbc020:
    PuroFreak:
    j0z3r:

If some of you guys wanted to do a box split on some of these I'd be happy to be the middle guy. lol Just get how ever many people want in on a split and send me the money. I'll take money and go get a box and ship em out to you guys. If anyone is interested in something like this I'll find out the exact price and let you guys know.
    I'd definately still like to try one of those house blends, is anyone else interested in doing a 2 or 3-way box split?