Home General Discussion

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• bbc020bbc020 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,422
    I swung for the fences today with another three cigar day. Started today with a Padron 26 no 35 maduro. Excellent burn and great powerful flavors in this petit corona. Then had a La Flor Dominicana El Jocko Maduro. Wonderful fat little perfecto with nice leather and some nice metallic sweetness. Finally finishing the night with a Tatuaje Miami Regio Reserva. The new Regio and Noella Reservas are amazing. Almost as good as a Cojonu, but with a naturally dark broadleaf wrapper. Just an awesome smoke, even after getting it only 3 days ago.
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,961
    Had a Tatuaje P a little while ago. This one was fresh out of the box I got in today, and it was still damn good. These are one of the best deals going, if you haven't tried them yet you really should give 'em a shot.
  • clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,750
    I had a Perdomo Reserve Champagne 10th Anniversary. I really didn't care for it one bit. The taste wasn't bad, but it wasn't good either. It was putting off some horrible aromas that I can only equate to the smell of burning newspaper.
    alienmisprint:
    Had a Tatuaje P a little while ago. This one was fresh out of the box I got in today, and it was still damn good. These are one of the best deals going, if you haven't tried them yet you really should give 'em a shot.
    Where does one who lives in BFE Maryland go to purchase said Tatuaje cigar?
  • jpclotfelterjpclotfelter Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 294
    clearlysuspect:
    I had a Perdomo Reserve Champagne 10th Anniversary. I really didn't care for it one bit. The taste wasn't bad, but it wasn't good either. It was putting off some horrible aromas that I can only equate to the smell of burning newspaper.
    If you have a humidor full of them I would be happy to take them off your hand.
  • rad1964rad1964 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 189
    These past 2 weeks, I probably tried the most different cigars that I have ever enjoyed, some I didn't.

I have been trying to keep some sort of ratings of my own tastes

Perdomo 10th Anniversary Champagne
    Really cool label. Fairly smooth smoke, but not a great preference for me. Rated it 6 of 10

Drew Estate Nasty
    This is what has drawn me into the cigars. Third one I've smoked, spicey, short smoke, since I am new to the tobacco highs, I like that. Rated 7 out of 10.

Tabak Especial Maduro Colada Negra
    At first smoke, I didn't care much for it (6 out of 10). Second one, I appreciated enough to go for a 8 out of 10.

Macanudo Maduro Diplomat
    A decent smoke, wouldn't refuse one, but I am not sure this ones a regular for me. 6 out of 10.

Drew Estate Natural
    I put this in my mouth and OMG it was so sweet. I couldn't stop spitting and couldn't get that sweet out of my taste buds. Not for me. 2 out of 10.

Padilla Miami Lancero
    For some reason, I didn't think I would like this, but I was impressed and it was smoooooth. 7 out of 10.

Graycliff, Double Espresso
    At first sniff, I was intrigued, at first taste I was impressed and half way through I was hooked! My taste buds says winner: 10 out of 10.

Verdadero, Organic
    Since I got these as a freebie from Cigar.com, I assumed they were cheapies and were trying to unload them. Ooops, my apologies. Organic can mean quality. A nice raiseny bouquet (just as described) and smooth. I may not give these away. Growing on me, 6 out of 10.
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,555
    I had a 5 Vegas A Apothesis yesterday. It a boxed 5.5 x 50. This looked great smelled great. I cut it with a blade cutter and cut took off a shaving of the cap. Due to the box press and the ring on my cutter, I couldnt clip off any length of the cap at all. This proved to be bothersome as the draw was extemely tight. I think that this was due to the tight box press. I poked some holes in the head of the stick and it loosened up a bit, but not to where I wanted it too be. Then I squeezed the stick all the way down working out the box press a little bit and it loosened up nicely to where it was smokeable. This was my 1st of the A and it didnt disappoint. I have a couple more resting and will give them a bit more time before dusting them off again. It was a nice cigar, but not super complex. The real big drawback to this one was working this stick loose and this cigar also gave me the worst 'Cigar Mouth' Ive had in a while. Not sure if thats because I was really pulling hot smoke through this most of the time or not. Anyway, id smoke it again.
  • TheedgeTheedge Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 316

I was looking forward to picking something nice out of the humidor all day yesterday.  Went home after work and chose an Ashton VSG.  I don’t know…it was rolled so tight it wouldn’t draw, I need a device to properly fix that.  When I did get it going it didn’t seem to have much flavor…quite frankly it had the mild aroma of a swimming pool.  I actually ended up setting that one aside (for mowing the lawn)and fired up a Graycliff Chateau Gran Cru, which was much better, but really not my favorite either.  I keep trying different things, but end up coming back to Rocky – just ordered a box of the 08.  Although I did have a Padilla 1932 the other day that was very enjoyable.     

• gmill880gmill880 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,947
    andrewh:
    gmill880:
    The CCom Brazilian was the only CCom house blend I did not care for ...humph !!! Loved the Cuban Label though ...
    How were the cameroons?

I enjoyed them from what i remember
  • WaxingMoonWaxingMoon Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 328
    I have a couple of CAO Brasilia's for the weekend....
  • Archangel32GArchangel32G Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 41
    finally got my shipment in. Smokin an Acid Def Sea, had an Acid Opulence 3 earlier today Definitely kickass
  • zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,214
    Forum sampler maduro!
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    ... some guys just can't wait. Hey zoom did the box even make it into the house ? LOL
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,561
    Rocky Patel Decade torp., A. Fernandez sig robusto, Gurkha micro batch s-2 torp, Man - o - war ruination....the day is still young.
  • gmill880gmill880 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,947
    Punch rare corojo and then DE Java
  • LukoLuko Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,004
    zoom6zoom:
    Forum sampler maduro!
    me too it's awesom and will be even better will time on them.
  • LasabarLasabar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,457
    DAMMIT!!!!!

WHY DID I EVEN BUY THE SMAPLERS???

I AM STRUGGLING TO EVEN TAKE THEM OUT OF THE PACKAGE LET ALONE SMOKE ONE!!!

*Breathes into Paper bag*

*Breathers into paper bag*

Okay... Okay... Okay...

Damn Obsessive Compulsive Cigar-der...
    Maybe I'll smoke one tonight... maybe
    Lasabar:
    DAMMIT!!!!!

WHY DID I EVEN BUY THE SMAPLERS???

I AM STRUGGLING TO EVEN TAKE THEM OUT OF THE PACKAGE LET ALONE SMOKE ONE!!!

*Breathes into Paper bag*

*Breathers into paper bag*

Okay... Okay... Okay...

Damn Obsessive Compulsive Cigar-der...
    Maybe I'll smoke one tonight... maybe
    Like Nelson Muntz says, "ha ha."

That's what you get for buying the Smaplers. I ordered the samplers and mine opened NO PROBLEM!
    No, I'm saying that I don't even WANT to open the package... these are like what, a 1/200 cigar that nobody else has???

It's not that I'm so retarded I CAN'T open the package....

C'mon.... I could get into a Nun's panties, a cigar package should be no problem!
    Lasabar:
    No, I'm saying that I don't even WANT to open the package... these are like what, a 1/200 cigar that nobody else has???

C'mon.... I could get into a Nun's panties, a cigar package should be no problem!
    Oops, my bad...I just figured since you're from Wisconsin, you are that retarded. Come on Lassy, open em and smoke one, you won't be displeased. Didn't you order more than one sampler?
    Luko:
    Lasabar:

Oops, my bad...I just figured since you're from Wisconsin, you are that retarded. Come on Lassy, open em and smoke one, you won't be displeased. Didn't you order more than one sampler?
    I only ordered one, and while putting my Smaplers away and a 10ct Rocky Patel 1990 smapler away a Padilla Achilles Torp jumped out at me..... so I'm smoking that tonight!
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,294
    Had a forum blend today. It was decent. Let me tell you what was great about it. It was solid! It looked sooooooo pretty! It was wrapped perfectly. It burned almost razor sharp. I didn't hate it but didn't love it. It was good but I think some rest and decent external humidity will do this some good. I was smoking in my truck with the window down a little because it was raining. I put the AC on for a while but I think the humidity did affect it. I did then smoke some of it on my porch which would have made the humidity worse. Tomorrow I think I am going to light the Maduro. It will most likely be the same situation but I NEED to try both. I am giving a few away to friends to see what they think.
  • undulacundulac Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,129
    Had a Rocky Patel Fusion. Big fan of these. They are becoming my everyday smoke.
  • JdoraisJdorais Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 653
    While sitting outside on the patio watching the 49er's kick the Raiders butt, I enjoyed my first Indian Tabec Maddy. Pretty dam good. I think after the game I'll try a Nica Libre 90.
    I had a Gurkha Sherpa Toro tonight and I was thoroughly impressed with it. What a great, economical smoke! This one is going into my weekly rotation.
    jpclotfelter:
    clearlysuspect:
    If you have a humidor full of them I would be happy to take them off your hand.
    Fortunately, I only had one. And fortunately, I didn't pay for it either.
  • zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,214
    kaspera79:
    ... some guys just can't wait. Hey zoom did the box even make it into the house ? LOL
    Yeah, the mailman brought them right to the door! I waited almost three hours before lighting one up (I had just finished a Nub Cameroon that I wasn't overly thrilled with. Flavor was OK but I hate the shape.)
  • ScramblerScrambler Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 746
    I'm burning a Camacho 1962 right now. I have a Pre Embargo I want to smoke soon, but I wanted to revisit this one first for comparison.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    Had a Camacho Diploma this afternoon, it must have been in the humidor at the cigar shop for some time because it was mellow, you could tell it had some strength to it, but it didn't jump out and kick you in the face. Later was a Perdomo Grand Cru robusto, I think this is a newer blend from them, but not sure...anyway, it was wrapped in a really nice looking maduro wrapper, the cigar presented as a nice medium body with some light pepper and those rich, dark flavors I always associate with a maduro wrapped cigar, it was pretty good though I'd enjoy it more at 65%.
  • bbc020bbc020 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,422
    had a Sancho Panza Extra Fuerte Madrid tonight that Kuzi sent me in the holiday gift exchange. His date on it was 10/21/2008...or somewhere around that. It was a fantastic 2 hour smoke. Definitely full bodied full flavored. For the c.com prices this should've been in Laker's 5 stick under 25 selection contest. Good smoke the whole way. Thanks Kuz, I appreciate the chance to try it out. I may have to invest in a few of these.