Home General Discussion

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• betasynnbetasynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,249
    I started the day off with a Perdomo ESV 91, then later on during a BBQ decided to have one of my Oliva Special S's because j0z was nice enough to send me one earlier this month. Now, I'm wrapping a great day off right with a Don Carlos God of Fire 2006 robusto. Fantastic, complex smoke.
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,294
    betasynn:
    I started the day off with a Perdomo ESV 91, then later on during a BBQ decided to have one of my Oliva Special S's because j0z was nice enough to send me one earlier this month. Now, I'm wrapping a great day off right with a Don Carlos God of Fire 2006 robusto. Fantastic, complex smoke.
    I had a 2005 GoF Don Carlos recently and I LOVED it. Haven't had a 2006 yet but I sure hope they are as good cause I want to get another box.
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,561
    The 2006 GoF are pretty damn good. The first one had burn issues, but the last 2 were great.
  • LukoLuko Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,004
    Lasabar:
    No smoke for me today... damn shame too... was planning on one all day, then damn movie night with the girlfriend kicked into gear... shoot
    Nice...Lassy makes movies with his girlfriend...bow-chicka-bow-bow.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    Today was an Opus X Perfecxion #4.. Enough has been written about this beautiful cigar that I don't need to elaborate. Plenty of rich flavor of wood, leather, and spice..This one was one year and one day in my humidor, and very smooth. A great cigar experience.
    Nothing for me today. Should be smoking at the women's softball game tomorrow though. :-)
  • gmill880gmill880 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,947
    two smoke day ...first was a CAO Gold ...very creamy and smooth and a little spiciness. Burned like a champ. Second was a Padron 5000 ...holy smokes these things are so good ...this one had about 4-5 months on it which made it even tastier than usual. Rich flavor and so ...well ...Padronish ...last one I had in the humi of the 5000's time to reload ...
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,961
    Just finished a JDN Robusto while watching Teen Wolf. I enjoyed it every bit as much as the Belicoso.
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,561
    Rocky Patel Decade Lionsdale, about 1/2" into it right now. Smoked 2 A.F. Sigs and a CAO Itialia as well as a Gurkha something or another torpedo. All good smokes.
  • jacketsrulejacketsrule Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 401
    Gurkha Titan. It lasted almost two hours, and I was sad to see it go. I nubbed it.
  • LasabarLasabar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,457
    Padilla Signature 1932... started off great, yet only a month old so kinds harsh and puttered out... Had High Hopes for it though
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    Lasabar:
    Padilla Signature 1932... started off great, yet only a month old so kinds harsh and puttered out... Had High Hopes for it though
    And high hopes you should have...it's a great cigar.

Had a rather blah 5 Vegas Classic churchill this afternoon, I'm kinda worried because this standby has been doing less and less for me recently, I think my tastes may be gravitating away from it, always liked this one too. Later was a Tatuaje Miami Tainos, this is the kind of cigar responsible for me moving away from the Classic, total flavor bomb with a great complexity and a nice boot in the tail of power to back it up.
  • bigbgballzbigbgballz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 283
    Cohiba Esplendidos, almost forgot how good it tastes and was a bit disapointed in the first inch of it, but then the flavours start developing the more and i was puffing on it. Great smoke!
    Ended up being a two cigar night for me. I went out and had a nice, relaxing Legends Copper Label while watching Weeds and then the last half of Walk Hard. I have to be in the mood for one of these, but when I am, it really hits the spot.
  • ScramblerScrambler Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 746
    Just finished a walk with a Graycliff 1666 Presidente. As always, an excellent smoke. Since I made a switch in my jobs last month, I'm finding a lot more time to sit outside and smoke.
  • bbc020bbc020 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,422
    Scrambler:
    Just finished a walk with a Graycliff 1666 Presidente. As always, an excellent smoke. Since I made a switch in my jobs last month, I'm finding a lot more time to sit outside and smoke.
    Nice Scramz....I hope you keep finding that extra time.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    just had a felipe gregorio power. if i can bring myself to not be lazy about it ill post the review.
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,132
    In the last few days I've had a San Cristobal which had great flavor, but it was plugged and I fought it for over half the cigar. I just didn't want to give up on it because I know they are such good smokes. Also had a nice 5 Vegas Classic the same night, then last night I had an Onyx Churchill which was a good solid smoke as always.

The high point was the Oliva V Maduro which was amazing! I know a couple guy on here lately have mentioned them having an ammonia taste but this one did not. Great strong flavors of espresso and some chocolate hints. Also had a perfect burn and draw.
  • jpclotfelterjpclotfelter Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 294
    Tonight I smoked an Oliveros El Padrino Edicion Italiana. It had a very good draw and nice construction. It was a little windy out and I only had one match to light it with. I was only able to get about half of the foot lit but it corrected itself within the first half inch. This thing put out huge clouds of smoke. The flavor was good, pretty standard. The burn line was wavy throughout but I didn't need to touch it up at all, good thing considering I had no more flame to do so. It was a good sixty minute smoke that stayed cool throughout. It did get a little harsh in the last third but I think it was because I got too anxious to smoke it. I bet that if I would have left it in my humi for a month it would have mellowed out. I've got three more so I'll see what a little time does for these.
  • T. GervaisT. Gervais Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 239
    I'm going to have a good ole' padron 2000, one of my faves
    Just had what I think was a Sol Cubano CC No. 4. I believe this was the size. It was terrible. I lit it and it went out within 10 minutes. Relit it and went out again and the inside was burning more than the outside. Plus within a 1/2 inch it was getting really soft. I tossed it cause it wasn't worth it. Very disappointing.
  • mario6736mario6736 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 11
    Yesterday I received a sampler I ordered with Tabak Especial Cafe con leche. It was the first time i've had one of these......it was fantastic. Very smooth flavor, nice draw, burned evenly. Im kind of new to the cigar world, but this has been one of my favorites so far. I will make sure there are at least a couple of these in my humi at all times.
  • gaberoxgaberox Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 824
    Had a Romeo Y Julieta reserve maduro torp for breakfast. Not bad at all for a mild cigar. Half way decent flavory profile. Much to tight the first half but opened up nicely toward the middle with a little messaging.

For tonight Im torn between a La Flor DL Chisel Maduro or an Oliva serie V belisco. Hmm decisions, decisions. Wish It wasnt so damn hot out right now or else Id have one now and one later. Just waiting for it to cool off a bit.
  • olerob_50+olerob_50+ Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 52
    Cohiba Red Dot robusto vitola;& bout 3 fingers Crown. Lol
  • LasabarLasabar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,457
    After the disappointing young Padilla 1932 yesterday and then finding out today that I have to work tomorrow (the first day of my extended weekend vacation) I went to my local B&M and sought out a Ashton VSG for the ride home... ahhhhhhh... very tasty!
  • gmill880gmill880 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,947
    A El Cobre ...loved it ...thanks to the BOTL that set it to me ...next a DE Irish hops - damn another good DE stick ...i need to pick some of these up Thankya Mr Alien ...
    Had a Graycliff Expresso tonight. Strong SoB. It was after the second ash it was hard to keep lit and the taste went downhill. More of that famous ammonia. However, a friend gave me two Cuban Vegas Robaina Don Alejandro Prominentes. They all smoked them but I am saving mine for the right time. I may smoke one soon and save the others. Now I have to give him something good. We already decided on a Grand Reserve but I am give him his first OpusX.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    Today started with two disappointments. First was a Hoyo de Monterrey Dark Sumatra that started off ok but suffered a fatal wrapper split that led to some unraveling. Later was a Sol Cubano Cuban Cabinet "A" that, oddly enough, suffered the same fate. Finally, I hit paydirt with a Padilla 1948 churchill, no surprise there as this one always performs well.
    gmill880:
    A El Cobre ...loved it ...thanks to the BOTL that set it to me ...next a DE Irish hops - damn another good DE stick ...i need to pick some of these up Thankya Mr Alien ...
    I figured you'd dig it man. I always keep a couple on hand for when I'm in the mood for one.

Had a IT Super Fuerte earlier this evening. Had to monitor the burn to keep it even, but nothing too major. Other than that little annoyance, it was a grewat cigar, tons of smoke, savory and sweet flavor, just an all around enjoyable experience.
  • betasynnbetasynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,249
    I had a great trifecta of cigars today. Started out with a Rocky Patel Summer '08 on my lunchbreak, and I enjoyed the hell out of it. Really amazing, stronger then I expected, great smoke. After that, I came home and smoked a Nica Libre. I really enjoyed it as it progressed, perfect burn, excellent subtle sweetness, and hints of black cherry, and I don't even really know what that means. Beautiful medium body. Finally, ended up the night (though, with tons of work ahead, might go for a fourth) with a 5 Vegas Miami that brsmith sent me. Couldn't keep my hands off it, and I am glad to have smoked it. I nubbed all three cigars.