Home General Discussion

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• gmill880gmill880 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,947
    j0z3r:
    Had some good ones today. I started off with what is becoming a routine weekend morning smoke, a Fuente 8-5-8 flor fina that was pretty good. A bit later was a La Cuna bin #85 habano robusto, also a nice smoke. Still later was a Fuente Hemingway classic that I got from our good friend Mr. Urbino, always a nice cigar. And finally, I just finished up with a Padilla Signature 1932 torpedo, this cigar is just dandy, great flavor and complexity, better than the churchill, but both are awesome.

dang bro a 4 ciggy day is a good one ...nothing for me today , not many really the last 7-10 days with work,weather,and pops still doing not so well (spent all day there today....he's like a second father to me)...
  • ShawnJShawnJ Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 65
    Started the morning with a San Cristobal, afternoon was a CAO MX2 and tonight was a CAO Italia. The Italia had a good flavor but it really didn't taste much different than the Brazilia.
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,132
    ShawnJ:
    Started the morning with a San Cristobal, afternoon was a CAO MX2 and tonight was a CAO Italia. The Italia had a good flavor but it really didn't taste much different than the Brazilia.
    I've still gotta try the Italia! Kuzi told me a long time ago it was better than the Brazilia but when I'm in the shop I always find so many good deals I'm broke before I get to the CAO smokes.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    geeeez! get on it!
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,294
    Had myself a Nub connie Friday night. Saturday I started with a Gurkha Holy Grail and ended with a Don Carlos 30th Anniversary Robusto. Yesterday I had a Upmann Demitasse. I'm back to driving the car. Been driving it a lot during the week so unless I go to the B&M to hang and smoke I haven't been smoking during the week.
    rwheelwright:
    Had myself a Nub connie Friday night. Saturday I started with a Gurkha Holy Grail and ended with a Don Carlos 30th Anniversary Robusto. Yesterday I had a Upmann Demitasse. I'm back to driving the car. Been driving it a lot during the week so unless I go to the B&M to hang and smoke I haven't been smoking during the week.

What did you think of the Holy Grail ?
  • Dude LoveDude Love Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 315
    I had an AF Brevas Royale after digging up around the garden, then a Drew Estate JAVA at a friends later. I wasn't as impressed as I thought I would be, but I blame the smoke shop where I bought it. There wasn't a hygrometer anywhere in sight.
    gmill880:
    rwheelwright:

What did you think of the Holy Grail ?
    It was ok. Not terrible but not great like the Shaggy (in my opinion). I think it needs some age but I also think it was a little too moist. When I punched it, the punch stayed in the cigar and I had to tear it out. It just felt a little too moist. I have the rest freezing at the moment just in case. I freeze everything now.
    Smoked my other Gurkha Regent after class and I think I can safely write this one off the list. It had noticeably more flavor than the first one I smoked, but it still wasn't that great.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    Dude Love:
    Smoked my other Gurkha Regent after class and I think I can safely write this one off the list. It had noticeably more flavor than the first one I smoked, but it still wasn't that great.
    I wasn't impressed with it either.

Wheelie, sorry to hear about the grail. sounds like it just needs some resting time.
    phobicsquirrel:
    Dude Love:
    I wasn't impressed with it either.

Wheelie, sorry to hear about the grail. sounds like it just needs some resting time.
    I think that's all it needs and a little time for the moisture toi stabilize. However, I am also not a huge fan of connie wrappers. I will say this. I love Fuente but HATE their connie wrapped cigars. They only have a few that are wrapped with connecticut wrappers. This one I did not hate. So, for me that is a good thing. The only real connie wrapper that I really really liked was the 5 Vegas Gold.
    I had a gurkha blue steel torp and diamond crown maxiums robusto. The blue steel was okay, nothing really worth jumping up about. Just a tobacco and woody taste. The Maximus was okay, peppery and that's about it. It did hold its ash though....
  • dutyjedutyje Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,263
    I had a Torano 1916 Cameroon. The construction and burn were very good, and the flavor was pretty good, but not exciting. There seemed to be a good amount of complexity, which was lost on my feeble senses. I had the massive torpedo, and was ready to be done with it after 100 minutes. I think I'll have another in the future, but try a different size.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    Try the corona duty, I thought it was much better, a more rounded flavor...I found myself bored with the torpedo, and had had my fill at the halfway point.

This afternoon was a Bolivar petit corona, awesome smoke. I just finished up with a Padron 1964 Anniversary imperial (toro) in the habano wrapper, good golly miss molly, this one was even better than the first one. I think this may well be the single best cigar I've ever had.
    Dang, jozer.. that's saying something from a 3-a-day guy such as yourself ;) I think I'll have to add a 1964 to the next purchase, which probably won't be until summertime.
  • urbinourbino Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,517
    I had my first one of those a few days ago. Dang tasty smoke. My offer still stands: send me a box of them and I'll say something nice about you. In public, even.

I'm having an Ashton VSG with a bit of Buffalo Trace, just now. Two winners.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    dutyje:
    Dang, jozer.. that's saying something from a 3-a-day guy such as yourself ;) I think I'll have to add a 1964 to the next purchase, which probably won't be until summertime.
    Hey.. 'da boata youz joes, I just put one in my shopping cart too. With all the taste testing jozer does, that is a bold statement. I'm sure it will be a great investment in relaxation and enjoyment.
    See that? Urby upped the ante... now he'll say it in public. He's a soft bargainer for sure.

Kas, you made me think of somethiing... Does everybody use the same shopping tactic as me? If I hear about something I think I'll like, or if there's something I really want, I just go add it to my shopping cart on the spot. Then, when it's time to make a purchase (maybe months later), all that's left to do is check the deals and then check out :)
    Yesterday was a Fuente 8-5-8 and then a Jave Robusto ....not sure what today will bring...
    dutyje:
    See that? Urby upped the ante... now he'll say it in public. He's a soft bargainer for sure.

Kas, you made me think of somethiing... Does everybody use the same shopping tactic as me? If I hear about something I think I'll like, or if there's something I really want, I just go add it to my shopping cart on the spot. Then, when it's time to make a purchase (maybe months later), all that's left to do is check the deals and then check out :)
    That works for me, but I write a note about who suggested it, and what the praise was they bestowed upon it. When I get a nice order together I check out. But, sometimes I wait too long and they become out of stock. These Daily Deals get me to shop more often, so things don't sit around too long.
    Just came in from *attempting* to smoke a Sol Cubano Cuban Cabinet. The flavor was good while it lasted, as it had a tight draw and started cracking near the burn line after I got about an inch in, then went out. As expected, it was horrible on the re-light, so it became smoke ring practice.

In fairness, I picked the bad one out of the bunch to smoke first, as there was already a crack in the middle and the foot was kind of folded in on istelf. I've got 4 more, so I don't think I'll be disappointed next time.
  • zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,214
    5 Vegas Cask Strength 2 - rich,flavorful, perfect burn. Exquisite. This one's been in the humi for 4 months.
    I decided to try something new tonight. Well, sort of new. I like Punch cigars, and had been thinking about picking up a tin of smaller smokes for things like parties, tailgates, or times when I just wasn't in the mood to sit on my tail for an extended period of time. I bought a tin of Punch Bolos, and fired one up tonight. What an excellent little cigar. 35 minutes of great flavor and surprising body for such a small stick. I'm really glad I got these. I think I'll have to get more.
    I had a small cigar today too. Upmann Demitasse. Nice, small, quick, a lot of flavor. And best of all, I paid $50 for 60 of them.
    Good thing you liked it, wheelie... I'd hate to be sitting on 59 cigars I never want to smoke again
    dutyje:
    Good thing you liked it, wheelie... I'd hate to be sitting on 59 cigars I never want to smoke again
    .. Either that, or wheelie will send out some serious missle attacks..
  • undulacundulac Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,129
    As you can see, I'm new here and just received my first order about a week ago. I bought the cigar.com super sampler in my order to see if I can find a diamond in the rough. I was cleaning the garage so I figured this would be the perfect opportunity to try one. I took out the purple label and lit it up. The draw was great and the quality was second to none. The flavor however? Well, it was a little too sweet/creamy and weak for me. This would be a great smoke for an occasional smoker or newbie.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    Today was a Perdomo Reserve Golf torpedo. A good cigar, rich flavor, medium-full strength. I think I like this cigar, it has a nice flavor to it.
    good to know jozer, I got 2 of them.. I smoked a gurkha royal salute (reserve) and though I love the smell these things put off in my humi, they just don't have the flavor one would expect. The cognac is very subtle (and the cigar doesn't have any other complex flavors) and while reading a review from a much more experienced smoker than I, said the maduro wrapper takes the strength from the cognac. So good news is this is my 3rd and I can say I will not be buying a box, so that saves me 400 bucks, but now I really want to try a HMR especially since it doesn't have the maduro wrapper. So I hope this Xmas the singles drop to 300 or so... Yeah I'm nuts but my curiosity is too high.