Home General Discussion

How do you keep track of what’s in your humidor?

2»

Comments

• jekowjekow Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 12
    I guess this doesn't really fall in the category of "keeping track of what's on hand" but I tape the labels of cigars I didn't like on the right side of the top of my humidor. I tape the ones I liked on the left, and the ones I might try again in the middle. It's a good quick reference when looking to purchase as well as a reminder of what I've tried.
  • doromathdoromath Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 576
    Right now I keep track of it all mentally and refresh with a quick look through the humi. However I only have a 50ct now so that's pretty easy.

I imagine that I would put together an Excel sheet once I have to expand beyond that. I tend to go overboard with those things, though, so I can completely see myself coding in some functionality to selct a random smoke for me, or one that I haven't smoked much of, or ones that have hit a certain age, or....well anything.
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,378
    I just downloaded the CigarBriefcase and I think I like it better than the excel sheet. I like the predefined things in there, and I really like the filter function. I think I'll slowly add my current excel list into this. No idea if there is a way to do it quickly, so I'll probably do it by hand, lol.
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,294
    TatuajeVI:
    rwheelwright:
    For everything that is in most of hy humis, I remember. Maybe not how many I have but what I have in there. As for tupperware and zip lock bags, I know some but not all. I have too many.
    Send them to meee!!!!

Wheelie, I think it's your turn to PM me.
    Yeah, I know bro. I need to actually open up the humi and see what's going on in there. I'm a bad, bad boy.
  • Smoke=FireSmoke=Fire Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 682
    TatuajeVI:
    I have an excel spreadsheet that a few guys on here use. It works well, but I haven't updated it in a while due to pure laziness. If anyone wants it, PM me your email and I'll send it to you.

CigarBriefcase? I'll have to check that out.

I also label every cigar that comes in with a date. I have labels that I write one and stick it to the cello.
    PM sent, bud. ;)
  • Duder2Duder2 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 926
    I have cigarbriefcase, but haven't had time to enter the data. I have A LOT of sticks spread out between 5 humidors and 2 coolidors and thinking about entering all of them makes my head hurt. I mostly know in my head the approximate time of the ones I didn't label and have labeled lots with a sharpie. It can be kind of fun digging around and finding things I forgot I had once in a while too.
  • Smoke=FireSmoke=Fire Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 682
    Got it...and thanks, Tat :)
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,555
    kuzi16:
    its all in my head.
    steel trap baby.

your still under 35 - that starts going

• FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,555
    I also use my head.