Home General Discussion

emails from threads

RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,914
Im trying to figure out why this thing says Email Subscriptions on the tops of all these threads ? I click on it .. it says email thread Or Updates on a thread.... I get nothing. does anyone have a clue ?

Comments

• rwheelwrightrwheelwright Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,294
    I think the forum has this feature built in but it has not been set up by the admins or it is just broken. Same as when someone sends you a PM and you don't get notified. That's my take on it.
  • RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,914
    sounds like what i was thinking ! Great Minds Think alike! LOL
  • KCWKCW Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,253
    As much as I love this board, the functionality of it blows! Your posts don't show up formatted as written, No email notifications on threads you want to follow, no notifications on PM's, etc. Wah, Wah, Wah.
  • RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,914
    yeah another of the same thoughts I have had... I dont even try to format a thing Im niot that savoy for this board!
  • jlmartajlmarta Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,440
    KCW:
    As much as I love this board, the functionality of it blows! Your posts don't show up formatted as written, No email notifications on threads you want to follow, no notifications on PM's, etc. Wah, Wah, Wah.

Yeah, and frequent calls for the webmaster to simplify the formatting and ease of use for us poor non-programmer-type dummies seem to fall on deaf ears. A guy's practically gotta be a Philadelphia lawyer to deal with it. The other side of the coin, however, is that there are other forums out there where even I can post things like photos, etc. without long agonizing over it. Unfortunately, the members (last time I looked) of those forums aren't nearly as nice as the ones on C.Com's forum.

No such thing as a free lunch, I guess..........

Marty

• docbp87docbp87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,521
    Most forums these days use phpbb code, not html. Ccom uses html. I don't mind it, as I know enough to do things.

But I totally understand people being frustrated if they are used to phpbb coding on boards.