Home General Discussion

moving into my first house

martymcg43martymcg43 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 396
what should be my first cigar in my basement/man den? padron? opus x? any suggestions?

Comments

• ThewelderThewelder Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 679
    Not sure but congrats on getting your first house man
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,317
    Congrats on the new spot.

• Stryker808Stryker808 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 269
    First house, thats a big one. Go for broke....and break that baby in! Whatever, you enjoy, im sure youll enjoy it more in your own home!
  • Sandman1amSandman1am Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,567
    Everything is better at home unless you are an exhibitionist.

Congrats on the new home. If you are choosing between the two I say smoke them both! Either way you can't go wrong.
  • HaysHays Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,262
    Hmmm...for sake of puns, how about Casa Fuente, Casa Torano, or DE Chateau Real?? ;-)

I'd make it the best stick you've always wanted to try. Whether that's an Opus, GoF, Camacho PE....it's perfect justification to spend the money.
  • dwayne3307dwayne3307 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 272
    Hays:
    Hmmm...for sake of puns, how about Casa Fuente, Casa Torano, or DE Chateau Real?? ;-)

I'd make it the best stick you've always wanted to try. Whether that's an Opus, GoF, Camacho PE....it's perfect justification to spend the money.
    agreed hays, it's your first house so it's ok to break the bank and make it a special cigar
  • zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,214
    On the other hand, would it not be fitting to chose a CCOM "house" blend?
  • undulacundulac Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,129
    I personally wouldn't just look at the price. I'd simply just grab my favorite stick. Congrats on the new home.
  • kingjk729kingjk729 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,487
    A white owl grape ......... wait hold on change that to vanilla ................. If ya got an ISOM that would be good or an OPUS would fit the bill .......... maybe an Anejo Shark or an LFD ............ something tasty though for sure .............. Congrats on the new home
  • illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,507
    hey man congrats on the first house! I'd go with your favorite stick personally, but it would be the perfect reason to spend a little dough on a nice celebratory cigar, congrats again!
  • docbp87docbp87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,521
    Definitely seems like enough of a "special occasion" to break out the big guns. Congratulations.
    Sandman1am:

Congrats on the new home. If you are choosing between the two I say smoke them both! Either way you can't go wrong.
    Can I change my answer....I say take your time and smoke them all, no reason to choose just one, unless it's just for now.
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    Smoking in our own homes is a treat not many of us get to experience, so whatever you choose to enjoy, make it a special one. I am sure nothing will compare to having your first smoke, in your own house for the first time.
  • madurofanmadurofan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,152
    Just my opinion but I'd go for your favorite cigar. One that you KNOW will be a good expierence. Pricey cigars are great but can be just as hit or miss as anything else. I'd want my fist cigar in my man cave to be one that I knew would be enjoyable, you know something that would give me the right first impression of my new settings.

For me it would be one of the Tatuaje Cojonu 2003's I've been holding for a while.
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,787
    Since Alex always seems to recommend it higher than the Opus or Anejo, I'd go with the AF Don Carlos Edicion de Aniversario.
  • cooch36cooch36 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 711
    Sandman1am:
    Sandman1am:

Can I change my answer....I say take your time and smoke them all, no reason to choose just one, unless it's just for now.
    well said +1
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,561
    martymcg43:
    what should be my first cigar in my basement/man den? padron? opus x? any suggestions?
    I'd smoke both, but that's just me.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    cabinetmaker:
    martymcg43:
    I'd smoke both, but that's just me.
    He'd smoke both at the same time, that's how them cabinet guys roll.
  • martymcg43martymcg43 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 396
    welp, i plan on moving most of my stuff into the house on thursday morning/afternoon. so the thursday evening/ friday consists of some guiness and a padron 1964 exclusivo maduro, an Ashton VSG wizard, fuente short story, camacho triple maduro, and a ruination or diesel.
  • undulacundulac Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,129
    martymcg43:
    welp, i plan on moving most of my stuff into the house on thursday morning/afternoon. so the thursday evening/ friday consists of some guiness and a padron 1964 exclusivo maduro, an Ashton VSG wizard, fuente short story, camacho triple maduro, and a ruination or diesel.
    I can work when I'm dead. I'll be right over.
  • brotheradambrotheradam Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 896
    Congrats on the first house, just bought my first last August, enjoy, it's a great feeling.
  • kingjk729kingjk729 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,487
    martymcg43:

That sounds like a great gameplan and some great smokes ............... enjoy them all and the new house
    martymcg43:
    Marty that is a great line up. Enjoy you have 2 of my favs in there.
  • ljlljl Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 819
    Congrats! What a lineup. You should feel great about your purchase, seems like you timed the market just right!