Home General Discussion

Cigar Chewing

KCWKCW Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,253
I was just at a clients facility. In one of the offices was a (nice) gentleman literally chewing on a (un-lit) cigar. I mean he was literally chewing it. It kinda blew me away. Then when I saw what he was chewing on it blew me away even more. It was an ISOM. I just don't get that. Do any of you guys chew your cigars? I can't stand it when I get a tiny little peicce of tobacco on my tongue let alone chew on one.

Comments

• clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,750
    I've seen crazier things. Each to their own I guess.
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,561
    One of my childhood friends' dad always chewed cigars, never lit them. You'd never see him without a cigar in his mouth at varying stages of being chewed. I also have a friend who chews and smokes his cigars, both always were chewing the cheap ones, King Edwards and White Owls (yuck).... I wouldn't wanna light them either, lol.
  • undulacundulac Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,129
    My dad's cousin chews his cigar while smoking it and I had a great uncle that chewed on an unlit cigar all day long. He was a dentist and chewed while working. This was also the time that surgeons could smoke while operating so I guess it was no big deal then.
  • whoflungdowhoflungdo Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 28
    I know of a few people that will chew on them and never light them. They keep cutting off the chewed end. When I say chew, I don't mean like one would chew gum. I never understood why they do that. Then one day, I decided to try it. I light and smoke my cigar, then when I'm done smoking it, I'll let it go out and cut off the ash end and chew on it while I'm in the truck. That way a cigar can lost me a couple of days. I also can get a fix without lighting up while in the house or in a public building that does not allow smoking... I am able to detect so many addition/different flavors this way of the cigar than I can when smoking the cigar. I've come across cigars I like better unlit as well as some I like better when smoking them...
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    I think chewing on a cigar is disgusting and would never do it. Not to mention, if I was handing out some good premium sticks and someone decided just to chew on it and not light it, then I would be livid.
  • bernard_busbernard_bus Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 18
    You know, I've actually known people to chew Cigars. I knew a guy who would chew Blackwoods daily. Never smoked them, just would chew them down. I always looked at him sideways about it but hey, his hobby/preference.
  • turn_keyturn_key Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 90
    I try not to use my teeth at all. In fact, when I'm golfing instead of clenching down on it to hold it, I'll rest it gently somewhere. If I have a cigar in my mouth it's to smoke not chew.

I've known people to do it but I can't see chewing on something expensive...to each their own I guess.
  • KCWKCW Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,253
    These people that chew these cigars.... Do they eat them? (I'm serious)... Or do they spit out little bits of leaf all the time?
  • sightunseensightunseen Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,130
    KCW:
    These people that chew these cigars.... Do they eat them? (I'm serious)... Or do they spit out little bits of leaf all the time?
    I'm guessing they treat it like chew, which is quite possibly the most disgusting way of enjoying tobacco (aside from using it as a suppository).
  • KCWKCW Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,253
    sightunseen:
    KCW:
    I'm guessing they treat it like chew, which is quite possibly the most disgusting way of enjoying tobacco (aside from using it as a suppository).
    LMAO
  • docbp87docbp87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,521
    I would never do this, myself. There is however, an older gentleman I see around town on a regular basis, who is constantly gnawing away at a cigar. I have literally seen him chew off a big bite, mash it up for a minute, and then spit it out. Horrifying, to say the least!
  • NYHCx516xNYHCx516x Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 728
    sightunseen:
    KCW:
    ROTFL. :)
  • denniskingdennisking Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,681
    I used to leave teeth impressions on my cigars while smoking them. I no longer bit on a cigar unless I need to hold it in my teeth for whatever reason.
  • Amos UmwhatAmos Umwhat Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,523
    Where I live, here in the northwest corner of the southeast, is tobacco country. There is (or was, the old man died and the kids sold out) a company here that produces various forms of tobacco, primarily chewing tobacco, but cigarette, cigars, and a fairly good pipe tobacco as well. They make/made a cigar called Smoky Mountain Sweets, that was essentially chewing tobacco in a cigar form. I tried them, personally I much prefer to smoke the cigar, and, like Krieg pointed out; the idea of chewing premium cigars seriously goes against the grain. For the guys who like to stick 4 inches of it in their mouths and keep it clenched there, these work. They don't eat them, tend to spit, like chewing tobacco. Definetely an outdoor, kind of nasty habit, but hey! To each his own. But really, bleah!
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,787
    I bite my cigars when I smoke 'em........ that doesn't make me gay, does it?
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,561
    lilwing88:
    So long as the balls don't touch.
  • undulacundulac Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,129
    lilwing88:
    "Not that there's anything wrong with that."