Home General Discussion

something odd

jekowjekow Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 12
So I'm a newbie, but I was wondering if anyone else has had this experience.

I had a macanudo ascot (cigarillo) and it left me buzzed but no nausea.

Another day I had a Partagas black label (cigarillo) and that left me nauseaus but there was no buzz.

The odd thing was that the description from the website I bought them was that the ascot was 'full' bodied and the partagas was 'medium'.

Can anyone explain this? Is there something else at work here than nicotine when one is smoking? (I do not inhale).

Another interesting thing I noted was that the Partagas cigarillo didn't smell good (it wasn't a BAD smell, just basically...nothing)to me pre-light, but when I lit it up, it seemed like it's smoke was more complex and enjoyable than its unlit odor suggested.

Comments

• stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,317
    Hey welcome... first the macanudo isn't a full body cigar.
    It may be labeled as such but it's mild at best.
    While the Black Label is an extremely full bodied cigar.
    The difference is the nicotine in each smoke... Take sugar for instance have just the right amount and you can feel amazing. Have to much and you feel everything but amazing.

A few things to help lessen the nausea is to have a full stomach before you smoke, and to smoke in a well ventilated area.
    In time your body will adjust to the nicotine.

• alienmisprintalienmisprint Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,961
    Someone on the forum here recommended putting some sugar on the back of your tounge to get rid of nausea.
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,787
    Welcome newb. Just to reiterate what Steve said...... Unless the Macanudo was a maduro, then it's definitely mild- medium.

The nausea you felt was most likely an empty stomach, or you were smoking too fast. Meaning that it's best to take some time between puffs. Even though you're not inhaling, nicotine is being absorbed through the inside of your mouth. If you smoke real fast, one puff after the other, you're gonna get a big rush of nicotine.

Then there's just the fact that because your a newb, your body is not used to high levels of nicotine. Ease into it. Space out your puffs and the time between sticks.

Maybe try something more mild, like a Romeo y Julieta 1875 Bully. It's described as medium bodied, but the flavors aren't very complex and it's a good starter smoke.