Home General Discussion

I am no longer a virgin.....

dsaylesdsayles Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 123
I have officially made my first online cigar purchase and cannot wait. I got the Cigar.com 10th Anniversary Sampler and I and super excited because there is some smokes in there I have never had. And the price beats the B&M. Yep next week is going to be good.

Comments

• illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,507
    congrats on the first buy bud its always great to get it started! watch out though once you start you may have a hard time stopping! let us know how the smokes are!
  • kingjk729kingjk729 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,487
    CCongrats onh the first ccom order .... and hopefully the first of many to come ...... remember when it comes to the DD the first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem .........Ah forget it keep using the daily deal to try new sticks or to stock up on your favs
  • streetracer55streetracer55 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 13
    Congrats man! It looks like we both started the hobby around the same time, i just became a part of the Ccom COTM club. Got my first shipment yesterday as well as my first humidor (only got the 15 ct travel herf-a-dor cause of all my travels) Im excited to start smoking these, well good luck with ur smokes!
  • HaysHays Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,262
    streetracer55:
    Congrats man! It looks like we both started the hobby around the same time, i just became a part of the Ccom COTM club. Got my first shipment yesterday as well as my first humidor (only got the 15 ct travel herf-a-dor cause of all my travels) Im excited to start smoking these, well good luck with ur smokes!
    Amigo...that herf-a-dor isn't really the best solution as a humi. Put your sticks in for a few days w/ no humidification, and they'll be fine... Put a humidifier in, and the humidity will skyrocket quickly as those are airtight. Either way, not the best solution. If you don't want to drop the cash on a full humi yet, I recommend setting up a tupperdor with some of the humi-packs that your COTM shipments come with. This is, of course, if you're not just planning on smoking everything you buy within a few days of receipt.
  • Amos UmwhatAmos Umwhat Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,523
    have to agree with Hays, what you've got is great for travel, but...you might think about looking at one of the two/for deals and pick up a twenty ct with a few cigars, something to let 'em breathe. I now use one of my original twenty counts just for long aging, keep the current smokes in the hundred count, herf-a-dor for travel only.
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,377
    Congrats on your first order. I agree with those above, get a humidor, season it well and get a good source of humdification and you will be fine. Just realize, you WILL be buying a larger humidor in the future. Enjoy!
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,787
    Well, I have to admit, this was not the post I was expecting after reading your subject, but I'm happy to hear you popped your cherry!!!........ Now be a good newb and get today's Daily Deal. Do yourself a real favor and buy two. A great sampler for a newb like yourself. I've gotten this deal in the past and was not disappointed.
  • RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,914
    congrats ! good tis previous to this post and hold on for the ride!
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,555

Congrats,
    After this purchase buy a bigger humidor and seek some counseling. This place creates a compulsive purchasing disorder.

• turn_keyturn_key Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 90
    Ohhh... bought some sticks. Congratulations anyway! :P
  • cooch36cooch36 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 711
    congrates and welcome.
  • bernard_busbernard_bus Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 18
    Congrats on your first order!
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    I hope you bought enough cigars to hand out at the herf Saturday...I forgot to mention but that's the tradition for the new guy to provide everyone else with cigars. Big Smile [:D]

disclaimer: The above post should not be taken seriously.
  • urbinourbino Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,517
    turn_key:
    Ohhh... bought some sticks. Congratulations anyway! :P
    It would be cooler than balls if somebody [honestly] posted, "Hey, I just had sex for the first time! Big step in a man's life! What's a good celebratory cigar?"