Home General Discussion

Oiliva rep

HugemooseHugemoose Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 458
No I'm not one....yet. But, I did have the pleasure of meeting one today. I was at a local B&M and enjoyed a Hemingway with a few friends, including Walt from Stogiereview.com. About 5 minutes before I had to leave for work a man walked in with a full box of Cain Double Toro (6X60) Habano.

He introduces himself as Dave, an Oliva rep, and proceeds to hand everyone in the room (5 of us) a Cain. I felt bad that I couldn't enjoy it right then and there. The reason he handed them out was because they have been having reports of damaged sticks. So he explained that they added more foam in the boxes and tightened the ribbon. All in all it was a nice afternoon and some great cigars! I just thought I would share my first meeting with cigar rep with every one here. Besides working until midnight.....it was a good day.

Comments

• illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,507
    wow man that sounds like a great day! ive never encountered a cigar rep but if theyre as nice as this guy then I cant wait to! let us know what you think of the Cain!
  • HaysHays Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,262
    That's pretty awesome! I've had the pleasure of meeting reps from Kristoff, DE, Rocky, Gurkha, CAO, and Punch, though none were quite as generous as that. Sounds like a good day for ya!
  • RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,914
    thats a good day! I was in a Local B&M a while back and a Cain/Oliva Salesman was there , he was a stuffed shirt Blowhard nose in the air ***, I listend to him trying to Pitch his Stuff to the Owner who is By far oen of the most Knowledgable People I have ever met With Cigars and has been in the buisness for decades ( HAYS Knows Who Im Talking about RON from Tobacco Republic) and the Guy didnt get anywhere with him and he didnt give us Any cigars just a line of *** from Loomis to Cuba! LOL
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,555
    Hays:
    That's pretty awesome! I've had the pleasure of meeting reps from Kristoff, DE, Rocky, Gurkha, CAO, and Punch, though none were quite as generous as that. Sounds like a good day for ya!
    Wow, you met all those reps and not one of them gave you a freebie? Sorry to hear that. Ive only met 1 mac rep and he gave me a few cigars.
  • denniskingdennisking Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,681
    I love the Cain Habano. Nice work on the free stick. If you learn anything from this, it's that people buy from people they like, regardless of the product. You make yourself present at the retailer and be cool to everyone there and it pays off.
  • RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,914
    dennisking:
    I love the Cain Habano. Nice work on the free stick. If you learn anything from this, it's that people buy from people they like, regardless of the product. You make yourself present at the retailer and be cool to everyone there and it pays off.
    AND THATS THE TRUTH!