Home General Discussion

20 Year Prize

Smoke=FireSmoke=Fire Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 682
Well fellas, as of January I have over 20 years with Uncle Sam as an Employee. It started with the Marines (83) when I was 18, and basically continued since than, minus a small hiccough working for the State of CA for 2 years. I have been a Wildland Firefighter since 1988, with both the Park Service and Forest Service.

For my 20 year gift, I got a pin, and they said I had $100 to spend as I see fit. Most folks seem to get fleece jackets, coffee sets, whatever. Me? This is what I bought ;)

The Lighter will be especially handy, as it is a little more rugged duty than my Xikar, which I was less than pleased with. The Cigar Caddy I got was the 15 count. ;) That should hold enough for a good 2-week assignment, with a few to give to buddies.

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/links/link.jsp?type=product&cmCat=Related_IPL_629526&id=0076916631106a

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/product/standard-item.jsp?_DARGS=/cabelas/en/common/catalog/item-link.jsp_A&_DAV=MainCatcat602008-cat20670_TGP&id=0061787629526a&navCount=3&podId=0061787&parentId=cat20670&masterpathid=&navAction=push&catalogCode=UK&rid=&parentType=index&indexId=cat20670&hasJS=true

Comments

• kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    that thing burns HOT

how far away from the cigar do you have to be? a foot?
  • Smoke=FireSmoke=Fire Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 682
    I'll let you know. Filled it as soon as I got it and it tested great. It's lousy smoking weather in MT right now, so will have to wait for the next sunny day. Next week is supposed to be better, but right now a small system is moving in, temps are down, and snow again tonight.
  • jhunter127jhunter127 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 47
    Nice Hamilton, I lived there before nice place, Have you been to the bakery on 4th called the River Rising ?
    No. We used to go to A Place to Ponder. But they tried to expand too much too soon and ended up going under after they built a larger shop :(
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    That lighter looks like you can shoot down airplanes with it
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,555
    Lets hook that lighter up to a generator and make a wmd!
  • jhunter127jhunter127 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 47
    Cool man, yea to bad about a place to ponder, try out the river rising good Coffee and great food. Oh yea God Bless NAPS !!!!!!!!! Something special about a hamburger the size of you head.!
    Krieg:
    It will stay lit in 80 mph winds, so that is a good thing. Though I doubt I'll be holding onto a cigar if it is blowing 80 mph; more like something to hang onto for dear life :P
  • Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 930
    Smoke=Fire:
    Krieg:
    It will stay lit in 80 mph winds, so that is a good thing. Though I doubt I'll be holding onto a cigar if it is blowing 80 mph; more like something to hang onto for dear life :P
    I gotta say, if it I'm smoking a cigar and an 80mph wind comes through, I'm holding onto that stick for dear life! I'll go down, but I'll be damned if I lose my cigar!

Congratulations, and a big thank you for your twenty years of service!