Home General Discussion

CCOM Colibri lighter?

asolomonasolomon Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 127
Anybody have experience with these lighters?

http://www.cigar.com/cigars/viewcigar.asp?prod=M-CLUJF460099C-B

I have no clue what makes a good lighter or a bad lighter, so I'm not sure if it's worth spending more on one or if this is a solid deal :) I ask because there are a couple of nice-looking combo deals that include one:

http://www.cigar.com/cigars/viewcigar.asp?prod=SP-NUBASST10
http://www.cigar.com/cigars/viewcigar.asp?prod=SP-1OASST6

And I must admit I'm tempted since I'm currently reliant on matches.

And are these good deals for CCOM or do better ones occasionally pop up? Thanks!

Comments

• leemarshall337leemarshall337 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 70
    I got that lighter in a free offer. Pretty decent. You have to play around with the '+ -' knob to find the sweet spot. It does have a fairly small fluid reservoir, but it only takes a sec to refill. I'm pretty happy with it.
  • bibbybibby Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 152
    The first two links you have listed there are for the lighter that I have experience with.

I have both the CCom and a Xikar; I use the CCom more regularly as it has a fill window and fits the butane I use better than the Xikar. Never had a bad experience, probably get around 5-8 lightings per fill. I would definitely jump on the Nub or look around for another deal that you like that includes the lighter.

Good Luck,
    Rob
  • Duder2Duder2 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 926
    I got this lighter in the Oliva Serie G sampler on the clearance page. Still letting the cigars rest, but so far I'm loving the lighter, works great and the fill window is a bonus.
  • minibeezyminibeezy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 257
    If you're in the market for a new lighter, definitely give Jeff J a call (or use the chat feature on the website). When I made my first order, I asked about the house lighter and he ended up giving me a great deal on an upgrade.

Just let them know what you're looking for and they'll take care of you.
  • Smoke=FireSmoke=Fire Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 682
    I received the Xikar lighter that came in a combo pack from C.com a while back, and have nothing but troubles with it. I've only used Colibri triple refined fuel, followed the manufacturers direction, etc...to no avail. The Colibri lighter though sounds as if folks like it more

I do have a monster of a lighter coming from Cabela's. I received it as a 20 year gift along with a 15 count cigar caddy travel humidor.

I needed something a tad more rugged given my line of work.
  • LeftFiveLeftFive Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 181
    I have the CCom lighter and have had no problems with it. Getting it in a sampler would be the way to go, or you could buy the Ronson JetLite at Walmart for around $3. I bought 4 of those and hid them all over so I always have a light.