Home General Discussion

Am I the only one....

mrpillowmrpillow Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 464
Who finds women smoking to be repulsive?

And yes, I'm aware that it's a double standard.

Comments

• sightunseensightunseen Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,130
    Probably. Women that smoke cigars are hot. Cigarettes, not so much.
  • xmacroxmacro Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,402
    sightunseen:
    +1 Cigars means she appreciates a similar hobby; cigarettes means she needs a nic fix every few hours
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    A woman is hot will be hot doing almost anything. Though I do find cigs repulsive but if she's hot then sure I don't really care, though I won't kiss her. Cigars just look better.
  • HaysHays Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,262
    mrpillow:
    Who finds women smoking to be repulsive?

And yes, I'm aware that it's a double standard.
    Are you effin kidding me? When you see a hot woman with a phallic-shaped object in her mouth, this repulses you? Needless to say, I do not agree.
    phobicsquirrel:
    A woman is hot will be hot doing almost anything. Though I do find cigs repulsive but if she's hot then sure I don't really care, though I won't kiss her. Cigars just look better.
    Good point. I think the cigars are definitely a bonus to the hotness.
  • mrpillowmrpillow Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 464
    I guess I'm alone then LOL
  • denniskingdennisking Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,681
    when I dated I usually found that the smokers were easier to .......
    dennisking:
    Yea, they can handle full-bodied sticks without passing out or throwing up.
  • pnaylonpnaylon Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 214
    Haha is there a general distaste for cigarettes in the BOTL community? I dont like em either just seems like a trend. And i dont tihnk iver ever knows a hot girl who likes cigars.
  • HeavyHeavy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,590
    A little bit of wisdom I picked up in my younger days:

"If she smokes, she pokes."

Use the knowledge wisely, my brothers.
    pnaylon:
    Haha is there a general distaste for cigarettes in the BOTL community? I dont like em either just seems like a trend. And i dont tihnk iver ever knows a hot girl who likes cigars.
    I think there is a general resentment for cigarettes because all the anti-tobacco zealots always lump cigars and cigarettes together when they are two distinctly separate products. The only thing they have in common is that they are made from tobacco plants. Pretty much everything else that happens after the tobacco leaves are picked are different, from the way the leaves are cured, fermented, treated, etc. It's like thinking spaghetti and salsa are the same things because they both use tomatoes.
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,317
    If it's cigarettes then i think it's kinda nasty but if she enjoys cigars or a pipe then i'm all about it.
  • ScottUScottU Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 194
    I've not seen women smoking cigars... however i think a chick with a cigarette is an instant turnoff...
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    I find it difficult to take a hardliner stance as a cigar smoker and not think of myself as a hypocrite. So while a cigarette smoker would not be my first choice, there are certainly other factors to weigh in as well. I'd hate for someone to write me off without even knowing me just because I smoke cigars. A cigar smoker though, I'd marry her on the spot as long as she wasn't a Rocky Patel fangirl. Smile [:)]
  • gdsim1gdsim1 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 213
    sightunseen:
    dennisking:
    Yea, they can handle full-bodied sticks without passing out or throwing up.
    Its been my experience that if she can blow smoke rings, she can do something else that will give you a three-mile smile too. LOL By the way, we are ALL going to PC hell for this thread.... :-)
  • Duder2Duder2 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 926
    I'm in the anti cigarette club as well. On the other hand, chicks smoking cigars? Now that's hot!
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,787
    A hot girl is hot no matter what she does...... An ugly girl is repulsive no matter what she does.

Here's a good frame of reference:

Hot chick smoking a cigar:

Ugly chick walking her dog:

Get it?
  • jsnakejsnake Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,037
    Cigarettes are nasty no matter who smokes them. I can smell you a mile away if you smoke cigarettes because yes you do smell like an ashtray. As far as women smoking cigarettes - HUGE turn off. Girls smoking cigars - that is alright. I can't explain why this is it is just my opinion and how I feel about the subject.
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    jsnake:
    Cigarettes are nasty no matter who smokes them. I can smell you a mile away if you smoke cigarettes because yes you do smell like an ashtray. As far as women smoking cigarettes - HUGE turn off. Girls smoking cigars - that is alright. I can't explain why this is it is just my opinion and how I feel about the subject.
    I think girls playing a guitar is pretty sexy
    Krieg:
    Ummmmmmmm.....
  • turn_keyturn_key Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 90
    You're killing me Marty!

Here's my 2 cents... My wife and I used to be smokers so if I see a woman smoking it's not a turn off, I just understand why she may be smoking. Now that I haven't smoked for years, I don't know if I would want to date a full time smoker. Not that I care if people smoke, because I honestly miss it, but I don't want o smell like it anymore.

The problem I have with cigarette smokers is that they smoke everywhere and their houses, cars and clothes always smell of smoke. When I smoke a cigar it's always outside and it's usually at a time when I would have to take a shower anyway; after cooking on the deck or golfing.

This does raise an interesting question: Are cigar smokers more considerate that cigarette smokers?
    turn_key:
    This does raise an interesting question: Are cigar smokers more considerate that cigarette smokers?
    I'd have to say 110% YES! And I'm not biased at all!
  • kingjk729kingjk729 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,487
    I find a woman smoking cigarettes to be repulsive .... well anyone smoking cigarettes repulsive ..... but a chick smoking a cigar is really hot ....
  • HaysHays Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,262
    lilwing88:
    Holy $*@%@$%*&^....I'm pretty sure I need a tissue...
    lilwing88:
    Krieg:
    Ummmmmmmm.....
    KD Lang or a young Johnny Cash?
  • cholmes8310cholmes8310 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,585
    xmacro:
    sightunseen:
    +1 Cigars means she appreciates a similar hobby
    Are you thinking the same hobby I'm thinking? Or did you mean that you and she had a hobby in common? Because I definitely was thinking the first...
  • asolomonasolomon Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 127
    Sorry, it's totally legit to say that cigar smoking is just aesthetically very masculine, and it looks strange to see a lady smoking one. Put it like this, it's cool to see a girl smoking a cigar, but not the kind that I'd want to date ;)
  • Garen BGaren B Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 977
    gdsim1:
    LOL By the way, we are ALL going to PC hell for this thread.... :-)
    Since when did we start being politically correct? Hell, for a while we had a thread about a guy and his harem of burros that lived in Urbi's humidor.